AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Vote_lcapOP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Voting_barOP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Vote_lcapOP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Voting_barOP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Empty
PostSubject: OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando   OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:04 pm

This info for the upcoming OP at Combat City in Orlando Fl.
*This text has been taken directly from their forum, I didn't write any of it, I'm just announcing it here.*
"OCt 23rd
Cost $25

With nuclear arms on a tight lockdown, there’s a new threat; bio-chemical.
Known terrorist, Aidid Furag Shalom, has created a chemical gas that is fatal both airborne and when mixed with a water compound. His sole intention is to strike at the main water supplies in the large cities of the great nations such as The United States, England, Russia, Germany and parts of Asia.
He has constructed a small lab out in the middle of nowhere for mass development of his toxic gas known as “Oxinide.” He has kidnapped some of our brightest minds from around the globe for the development of Oxinide. He has also set up security about this laboratory in hopes to ward off any threat. The local governments, ignorant to his location, fear the worse from Aidid since most of the locals either support him or are in fear of him themselves. They will not assist in any effort to neutralize this threat. Whether or not there will be any resistance is unknown as of right now.
The United States, with the assistance of NATO, have put together a team of Special Forces in hopes to destroy the lab and any threat Aidid and his followers may bare. Their hopes are to annihilate the terrorist forces, kill or capture Aidid Furag Shalom, rescue the scientists and bring them home unharmed and obtain a sample of Oxinide.
A second problem with their mission is that many militant groups from around the world are aware of the threat and have put together their own force of mercenaries in hopes to destroy the lab themselves and turn Aidid in for the substantial reward that has been posted for over a decade. However, it has been made known to the largest of the known militias world wide that any involvement with such an exercise is forbidden and can result in casualties on all sides; not to mention, such involvement may compromise the intended mission. The NATO team sent in to neutralize Aidid will not be responsible for any losses of the militia forces and they will be treated as a threat to world security. In other words, the NATO team may or may not engage the militant forces. Such a call will be left up to them.

Note 1: At some point early Sunday morning, when development of the Oxinide is complete, Aidid Furag
Shalom will be sending the chemical out for distribution. So, time is not on our side for this mission.
Should the mission not be completed by the time this chemical is to be distributed, all travelers
leaving the lab must be neutralized.
Note 2: The militia forces are opposed to the sample being returned to NATO. Their mission is to destroy
the sample and everything that has to do with it; even the scientists. So, it should be noted that, even
if NATO forces use assistance from the militia forces to carry out the primary objective, the
secondary objectives are at risk with any alliance with the militia.
How does “Medic” work?
I once played a game with The Wolfpack airsoft team. They used ropes with 5 knots in them. When a person was shot they sat down where they were until a fellow teammate arrived to medic them. The teammate would then take the player’s rope and untie all 5 knots then return the rope to the player. The player would then retie the knots and return to battle. If that player were to be stalked by the opposition he would have 10 seconds to get to wherever he wants to be without being shot. Should he engage the enemy before that 10 seconds expired he would open himself up to be fired upon.
I feel that this way of playing is much better than a “Response” area. It saves a person from the exhaustion of walking to some far away location just to sit and wait for a specific time to return to play. Not to mention, the tying and untying of a knot is a little more realistic to combat since a soldier shot doesn’t walk back to base. The time it takes to tie and untie 5 knots is close to the amount of time a medic in combat would take to rush a dressing so that that soldier can return to the field of combat.
However, I shall change just one thing about The Wolfpack’s way of medic. They insist that the shot individual must remain where he was shot until he has been mediced.
In this game, the individual that has been shot must remain in the spot in which he was shot until mediced by a fellow teammate. However, sometimes one is shot right out in the open and his teammates can’t necessarily get to him and take the time to medic him without being shot themselves. In this case, should two teammates approach the fallen comrade and touch him on each shoulder, the three may remove themselves from the open area and find cover to perform the medic procedure.
Rules of the Fallen
1) Should at anytime a person be shot they must call their shot and, as always, use a colored rag for daytime play, or light for nighttime, to signify that they’ve been shot.
2) The fallen cannot be verbal to those around him but can use the radio for the purpose of calling for a medic and give his location. He may call for a medic audibly without the radio, but that is all he is allowed to say.
3) The fallen may signal whether he is capable for medic procedures or if there are any hostiles or enemy troops in the area as a teammate approaches but, he cannot speak a word aloud or on the radio. He may also point in the direction of those enemy troops.
4) The fallen have 10 free seconds to return to the game before being shot again unless they engage an enemy troop.
5) NATO and Mercenary troops have two medics per three hour play. Upon their fourth time getting shot they are dead until administration calls for respawn for these teams. Terrorists team has unlimited respawn only. When shot, the player must return to their assigned base until further notice. (Respawn procedures to be set day of play.)
Teams
Terrorists = Predominant camo
NATO = -To be decided-
Mercenaries = All other camo
Vehicles allowed - 4 wheelers (Authorized by land owner and for game purposes only.)
Camping gear allowed - tents, small grills (Bring your own trash bags for clean up) *Due to the size and location of the property there are to be no open flame fire pits unless otherwise cleared by administration or land owner.
*We also need one generator for terrorist base.*
Eye protection required
Waver must be signed before play
Nightvision is permitted

Weapons Allowed
AEG = 400fps
Support Weapons = 450fps (i.e.: M249s (SAWs), M60s, M240s, etc.)
Bolt Action = 550fps
Pistols = 350fps
Grenades and smoke bombs = Pyro is permitted, but within reason. 10 second smoke, spark fuses, no
flames. This is over 100 acres of woodland located near the airport and an Military Reserve Installation.
We need to keep smoke and flames to a minimum.
***NO LASERS DUE TO APPROACHING AND DEPARTURE OF LOCAL COMMERCIAL
AIRCRAFT!!!***
Rules
NOTE: This is not a Combat City event. This is a private event being conducted at this location. The rules and regulations that follow are in addition to the rules and regulations of Combat City. All participants are subject to these rules, as well as the original property rules, and the consequences for any violations of said rules. All rights reserved.
* There will be absolutely no close-quarter shooting! Anyone caught shooting within an unsafe distance
will be disqualified and removed from the game permanently.
A) No AEG is to be fired within 20 feet of the intended target.
B) No pistol is to be fired within 10 feet of the intended target.
* There are to be absolutely no fires on playing field. Fires in parking lot for the purposes of cooking are
subject to approval by the owner of the property and/or administration. Trioxin, commonly referred to
as “Heat Tabs,” may be used on the field as a heating source for cooking but, is not be used as a fuel or
starter for a fire.
* Should four wheeler recreational vehicles be used, they are no to be driven during gameplay and only
drivers designated by administration are to be operating them when the time comes that they are to be
used. When driven, these vehicles must be driven at a slow pace. None should ever exceed 2nd gear.
(Rules for driving will be discussed with their operators prior to the start of the game.)
* No arguing or threats of any kind will be tolerated. This is a game. Good sportsmanship and honor are
to be acknowledged.
* No trash is to be left anywhere on the property, especially in the field. This is nature which should be
respected, honored and protected. Players are responsible for their own clean up and garbage.
* DO NOT bother the wildlife. This is over 100 acres of woodland and marsh. Players are to expect the
presence of wild animals such as snakes, spiders, opossum, raccoons, armadillo and perhaps gators or
wild pigs. These animals can, and will, hurt you if bothered. Pigs are a major threat in Florida these days.
Administration, game coordinator and the owner of the property will not be responsible for the ignorance
and negligence of the player(s) that do not adhere to this rule.
* Approved safety goggles or glasses are to be worn at all times while in the field. Violators will be warned
only once before being removed from the game. Whether or not they’ll be permitted to return to the game
will be decided.
* There will be absolutely no lasers to be used on the property whatsoever. Due to the vicinity of this
property, being near a commercial airport, lasers are to be removed from any firearm and safely stored
away. It is against federal law to direct lasers at oncoming aircraft. For this reason they are not permitted
in this game.
* Call your shots. As always, people refuse to call their shots. This is only a game. There are no rewards for
the winners, nor is this real. There is no need to cheat. Everyone will be capable of playing this game in
it’s entirety. The purposes of Medic is to keep a person in the game. Be fair and honest. Anyone not
calling their shots will be warned once before being ejected from the game until further notice.
***Rules are subject to change without notice.***
--- At approximately 2200hrs. there will be a break for R&R. The amount of time will be announced. ---"

Last edited by Nixon on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shireairsoft.webs.com/
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando   OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:05 pm

"This event has a $25 cover charge. Ages are 14+. Show up early for breifings and preparations. At approximately 1500hrs. (that's 3:00 pm for those of you that don't know 24hr time format) there will be a safety and main event briefing with teams to be announced. Each team will be breifed individually with their set objectives beginning around 1600hrs. The main event is currently scheduled to set off between 1700hrs. and 1800hrs. giving each team time to find and procure their own bases/camp sites.

Since fires are not permitted in the playing field, there will be R&R at approximately 2200hrs. for meals and recovery. At about 2300hrs. the game will continue.

Arrive early and enjoy the daily games held at Combat City prior to the main event to get to know the field if you aren't already acquainted with it. For those that wish to arrive on the Friday evening/night prior to the event, please RSVP so this can be arranged. If RSVP is not received by at least a week in advance, you may find the gates closed and locked and be stuck sleeping in your car or hotel.

Rentals and some equipment and apparel may be purchased at/from Combat City.

Be prepared for a cold night. We've been wanting the weather to cool off and it has. The nights have already gotten down into the mid 50's here in Orlando, Florida. This night is expected to be clear and breazy with a full moon. Bring whatever you need to keep warm. Fires will not be permitted on the playing field so, dress warm. You will be camping in the field. I'd estimate the temperature to be around the low to mid 50's.

Remember, this is a private, military simulated event being held at Combat City. (The rules and regulations of Combat City are in effect due to insurance, legal and land purposes.) This is not your ordinary run-of-the-mill airsoft game. This will be run as close as possible to an actual military operation. Some things that may take place may seem infair but, that's how war is. For example: If your camp or base is invaded at 0300hrs. while your team sleeps well, defend it. If your radio frequency/channel has been comprimised, change it. This is war gentlemen. Fight it!"

Last edited by Nixon on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando   OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:05 pm

"There's been alot of nit-picking about this event. People are wondering if it's going to be worth going to and if it's going to be any good. Alot of people are asking questions that have been clearly posted. These questions have been directed to the wrong person. Dave at Combat City is not running this event. I am. Please direct your questions to me via PM or email at just4sng@hotmail.com.

For the past 2-3 months I've been wanting you guys to write to me in regards to this event. If there's something that you people don't like, I'd like to comprimise with you and try to change it a little. I strongly feel that the only way to be certain everyone is happy is to appease them. If you aren't talking to me, nothing will change. As far as I'm concerned, I've thought of just about everything and have made this thing what we've all been looking for.

Listen, nothing ever goes as planned in life. If it did, we'd all be rich and crap. I've been working on this thing since around May 2010 after being disappointed in too many events I paid for. I figured, the only way to have a good event is to throw it myself. I'm using those events as a learning tool. Not everyone is going to be satisfied. There are a few prissy little boys that always have to have things their way. But, guess what? This isn't mommy and daddy's game. I'm not here to spoil everyone with their Barby dolls and Tonka toys. This is a mil-sim event. It's going to be as close to the real thing as possible. That's war.

It is true though. This is my first big event. I've done some small games out at Combat City that evryone that has played has enjoyed. I've seen some long faces while explaining the scenarios at times but, those long faces were replaced with laughter and joy by the time it was over. Give it a chance. I'm sure you'll have a great time shooting one another.

I have also learned there are guys out there talking crap about this event and the owner of Combat City. Don't listen to this B/S. I have nothing against these guys bashing Combat City or my event but, they need to let sleeping dogs lay. These are guys that have been banned for one reason or another and these temper tantrums are their way of returning the favor, sort to speak. Just like any child would do, they are upset that they are not able to attend any longer and are trying to get others to follow in their footsteps. Guys, Combat City is a fun and enjoyable experience. The owner has gone out of his way to ensure Orlando has a place to play other than some run down paintball auditorium or backwoods woodland. Half of the games played in many of the local wooded properties is unauthorized by the land owners. I know. I've been to a few of them and found that the owners trashed what was built because they never said okay. Combat City is over 150 acres of former military training ground. Dave purchased this property for airsoft gurus. It is a great location. I for one am proud of being there every weekend. It is perfect for airsoft gaming fun. This is the reason I asked him to allow me to run my event there. For those unacquainted with this property, October 23 will be a perfect time to do so."

Last edited by Nixon on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando   OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:06 pm

"There has been a change in the medic procedure for this event. I did have one complaint as to the original design and have confronted it, not to mention; I'm trying to keep this thing realistic. Please see the following.

How does “Medic” work?

When a person has been shot, they sit down where they are until a fellow teammate that has been assigned as a medic arrives to medic them. (Depending on the number of players on that team, there may be up to 5 medics per team.) The teammate will then take the player’s rope and untie all 5 knots then return the rope to the player. The player will then retie the knots and return to battle. If that player were to be stalked by the opposition, he will have 10 seconds to get to wherever he wants to be without being shot. Should he engage the enemy before that 10 seconds expires he will open himself up to be fired upon.
I feel that this way of playing is much better than a “Respawn” area. It saves a person from the exhaustion of walking to some far away location just to sit and wait for a specific time to return to play. Not to mention, the tying and untying of a knot is a little more realistic to combat since a soldier shot doesn’t walk back to base. The time it takes to tie and untie 5 knots is close to the amount of time a medic in combat would take to rush a dressing so that that soldier can return to the field of combat.
In this game, the individual that has been shot must remain in the spot in which he was shot until mediced by a medic. However, sometimes one is shot right out in the open and his teammates can’t necessarily get to him and take the time to medic him without being shot themselves. In this case, should two teammates approach the fallen comrade and touch him on each shoulder, the three may remove themselves from the open area and find cover to perform the medic procedure."
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando   OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:09 pm

"The times have changed for this event to convenience the participants and Combat City's patrons.

Initial safety briefing will be held at 1700hrs. (5pm)
Individual Team briefings will begin at 1815hrs. (6:15pm)
Terrorist Team will be escorted to their base at 1845hrs. (6:45pm)
Game will commence at 1900hrs. (7:00pm)"
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: IMPOTRANT INFO FOR KIDS 14 AND ABOVE REGUARDING THE OP   OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:10 pm

"I am sorry to have to do this to you BUT

i need to hear from the parent of any minor who is attending this game WITHOUT A PARENT OR WITH A FRIENDS PARENT, no later than this weekend.

what i am saying is that I need to hear that every parent is aware their child is spending the night on the field.

There will also be a secondary waiver posted that you will need to bring with you.

Thanks
dave"
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando   OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 pm

For more info on waivers/directions/times visit Combat City's website. Or their forum.
This is (To my knowledge) the first 24hr OP for 14 and above, this may be a once in a lifetime experience for those of you who are 14. I would defiantly give this OP a try.
I hope to play with you guys at the OP, and hope to see you all on the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando   OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OP: Autumn's Fall October 23rd 2010, Combat City, Orlando
Page 1 of 1