AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Vote_lcapJudging people based on what they wear and what they got! Voting_barJudging people based on what they wear and what they got! Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Vote_lcapJudging people based on what they wear and what they got! Voting_barJudging people based on what they wear and what they got! Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!

Go down 
+11
MAG
Nixon
sithlordharley
Sion
gonzalo
evil e
DEVIN
Repo
NOBODY
jollygunner
SandDragon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Empty
PostSubject: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:49 pm

The All too familiar story, Time and time again we see players drop in with a cheap airsoft gun and T-shirt, sneakers, jeans as well as limited Camo gear.

Other airsofters actually also Role play or Cos-play their airsoft!- Often wearing vintage items from an Era to match there weapon and theme.

Now some of you seasoned players can't help but pass judgment on these folks.

In your mind they are the T-shirt n00bs...Airsoft clowns...and role-players!

Basically seeing people this way is just plain wrong!

Funny if I deliberately showed up with a plastic transparent airsoft weapon that shot 200 FPS while everyone else got 400 +
(Kiss my Shiny Orange tip barrel- PUNK!)

But that should not say the guy is a n00b and even worst is the fact that you are not giving any respect to new players new to the sport!

In fact... It is your duty to welcome all new players with open arms to the sport so that it can grow!

Now for the Role players!

These guys know something historical about the guns and themes so leave them be....There is something wrong and childish about people who heckle others and hecklers are real assholes who bark at anything unique or different... maybe its something they are not ready for.

Whatever the case, Heckling is not nice!- stop trying to annoy players or take the fun out of anyone's game!

Respect is the glue that keeps players wanting to show up and game.

Now I will say an example of all these little kid softers at extreme rage....Kids are stupid and honest as well as bratty models of what they will soon out grow or become!....any ways these kids basically in my observation heckled T- shirt n00bs , Bonded with anyone who sported top weapons, or looked pro. In rare cases a few T-shirt noobs fought well in packs but zero respect was given from the uniformed side.

Once again looks are Deceptive!... please try not to pass Judgment on a players abilities based on what they look or wear or are equipped.

Last edited by SandDragon on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jollygunner
Private 1st class
jollygunner

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:12 am

I completely agree with you. Back when the Silo was still a place of common airsoft, I took a friend of mine that was still learning about the sport, as well as debating whether or not to get into it. At the time I was still some what new to the sport so the only rifle I was able to lend him was a cheap AEG (with a huge orange tip) that I got as my first gun, back when i didn't know anything about FPS, ect. When we arrived at the Silo a few a of the more "experienced players" were already there setting up. My friend had no military gear on at all. All he had was a black shirt and brown pants. From the moment we arrived we could already tell it was going to be a horrible day. It was my second time at the field so I really didn't know much about it, so the only advice I was able to give my friend was very limited compared to the other players. When My friend would ask them questions, they would simply give him short answers like, 'I don't know" or "just follow that guy". Thankfully, my friend met a few cool people that day and it helped his thinking into whether or not to play airsoft. So I hope after reading this thread some people will come to terms with this and stop acting like assholes to the new guys. Airsoft is still very unpopular and by being dicks to those players that are new to it; it isn't going to get any larger. Thank you Sandragon for pointing this out to people. - Eddy
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:52 am

Those Cheap AEGs and Spring loaded pistols are still quite capable airsoft weapons.

I remember Hosting a Zombie skirmish... Me being the Zombie and was attacking some kids equipped with those type of toy guns.

Well It be required that I honestly called all my hits and would respawn after about 15 seconds, then I would chase those bastards!

The Cheap spring loads can hit hard enough and surprised me...They are worthy for that safe extra close kill but If a normal gas blow back pistol would have been used it would have called for a bang out rule!

The Cheap AEGs though they fired a 12g type ammo and wildly inaccurate for long range -were great for CQB skirmishes and hit hard enough!

I would have got one and used it as a secondary- Those Cheap AEG pistols have less problems than a gas blow back!

Further more I would probably test people on the field - Because I actually have so many Costumes and gear... I would arrive dressed as a T-shirt n00b with Cheap Orange tipped AEG.

... see how the players on a field react!

In the Next game I would Change to my Full Pro Outfit and gear and Expose them.

It was Funny seeing so many airsoft kids Flock to the guy with the big RPK Machine gun!

(I should try to catch an experience like that on Video!) - BUSTED!

Airsoft really brings out the punks in us all...Try to remember not to bark too much like a dog and remember that you are still Human and not a savage!

Back to top Go down
NOBODY
Admin
Admin
NOBODY

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:43 pm

SandDragon wrote:

The All too familiar story, Time and time again we see players drop in with a cheap airsoft gun and T-shirt, sneakers, jeans as well as limited Camo gear.

Other airsofters actually also Role play or Cos-play their airsoft!- Often wearing vintage items from an Era to match there weapon and theme.

Now some of you seasoned players can't help but pass judgment on these folks.

In your mind they are the T-shirt n00bs...Airsoft clowns...and role-players!

Basically seeing people this way is just plain wrong!

Funny if I deliberately showed up with a plastic transparent airsoft weapon that shot 200 FPS while everyone else got 400 +
(Kiss my Shiny Orange tip barrel- PUNK!)

But that should not say the guy is a n00b and even worst is the fact that you are not giving any respect to new players new to the sport!

In fact... It is your duty to welcome all new players with open arms to the sport so that it can grow!

Now for the Role players!

These guys know something historical about the guns and themes so leave them be....There is something wrong and childish about people who heckle others and hecklers are real assholes who bark at anything unique or different... maybe its something they are not ready for.

Whatever the case, Heckling is not nice!- stop trying to annoy players or take the fun out of anyone's game!

Respect is the glue that keeps players wanting to show up and game.

Now I will say an example of all these little kid softers at extreme rage....Kids are stupid and honest as well as bratty models of what they will soon out grow or become!....any ways these kids basically in my observation heckled T- shirt n00bs , Bonded with anyone who sported top weapons, or looked pro. In rare cases a few T-shirt noobs fought well in packs but zero respect was given from the uniformed side.

Once again looks are Deceptive!... please try not to pass Judgment on a players abilities based on what they look or wear or are equipped.

As we spoke,, you have to gear up to the team. no more jocolor change in progress unlike the political saying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Rcinvasion.com
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Sanddragon, you seem to have missed the points your now ex teammates tried to make to you.

Being on a team and picking a uniform means your team dresses in that uniform, but if the team leader won't you really can't expect the rest too. Trying to make your teammates wear symbols they aren't comfortable with, while saying you won't wear the uniform, doesn't work well either. Finally by having a problem with people leaving your team to dress and play they want is very contrary to this thread topic.

There are some people who like Vietnam and ww2 style load outs, but your not going to create a team by trying to force people into that uniform.

Walmart guns are for backyard battles and I doubt anyone can argue they are worthwhile using in a real game. Kids show up to rage with clear springers all they time, but they are basically only useful as a distraction against the opfor. Considering a low end real age only costs around $160 and those cheap ages cost around $80 it's not a big jump.
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Repo wrote:
Sanddragon, you seem to have missed the points your now ex teammates tried to make to you.

Being on a team and picking a uniform means your team dresses in that uniform, but if the team leader won't you really can't expect the rest too. Trying to make your teammates wear symbols they aren't comfortable with, while saying you won't wear the uniform, doesn't work well either. Finally by having a problem with people leaving your team to dress and play they want is very contrary to this thread topic.

There are some people who like Vietnam and ww2 style load outs, but your not going to create a team by trying to force people into that uniform.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:11 pm

DEVIN wrote:
Repo wrote:

Thank you!

Team Uniforms are always optional....Really you can come as you are, Its really a free country and If you wish to take Uniforms serious, It can only be based on the personal Cooperation of the following players on your team.

You cannot force a player to do a dress code and neither can I!

The current state of our team was Casual and not in a movement to start getting serious, I put up an effort to put badges for our team but did not force them to wear it!

You think something is wrong but really we all have the God given right to chose and decide what we will wear on game day.

If my team doesn't like it, so be it... but I will point out the silly fact and will sue my team so to speak If they kick me out on the basis of my clothing, gear and my ethnic diversity!

The Silliest thing at team can do is select or dump a player based on his personal choice gear, guns or uniform... Its just plain wrong and even considered Evil.

...I will also point out fucked up teams that are only select skin heads, actual Gangs members,long haired hippies, tattoo cults in teams or themes that are sexist or racist!

You have a right to show up on game day and try out something unique and personal....You could never wear this in other places... given my hot topic outfits.

Time and time again you just will not drop your heckling or worries about how other people think about me.

I do not agree with my team but If I can tolerate shabby un-matching uniforms, so can they!

Back to top Go down
evil e
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
evil e

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Haha y'all just jealous because YOU ALL POOR and will never look as cool as I do!!!! Cool

Back to top Go down
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:38 pm

evil e wrote:
Haha y'all just jealous because YOU ALL POOR and will never look as cool as I do!!!! Cool

Lol...compared to some of us your on welfare.
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Repo wrote:
evil e wrote:

LMFAO!
Back to top Go down
gonzalo
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
gonzalo

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 pm

Repo wrote:
evil e wrote:

lol
Back to top Go down
Sion
Private 1st class

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:40 am

ok sandragon... i knw your team affairs are not my bussines, but as repo said before u cant make ur team wear something they dnt like... the iron cross thing u made and called a patch, nobody liked it. u just did it because it matched ur nazi uniform and you and only you liked it, and even worse you tried to say it was the teutonic cross when they are absolutely the same. so lets say that 80% (dnt wanna say 99.9% just for the benefict of the doubt) did not want to wear (yes devin it is wear not were xD) the cross then it is ok if no one wore it. but the uniform... that is another history. everybody decided to use it... even devil that i have never seen him using camo, came with a od uniform. so they only one i never saw in his uniform (i talk about the fast members ive played with) was you... so that makes 10% out of the 100% who did not want to use it... even worse, you are supposed to be their team leader... so that you should make the example and try to play as a team, wear the uniform and wear the patch... so if u say that your team played casual u shouldve made the example and try to play together... how would u think if all your team members are playing 1 side and their leader comes in the middle of the fight and goes to the opossite team and says: i changed teams cause i want to win... then it does not matter if you played causal and changed teams for the x or y reason, the morale of ur team went to 0 in matter of seconds and of course some1 was going to complain and of course some1 was going to leave.... it has nothing to do with the roll playing and costumes...
Back to top Go down
sithlordharley
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sithlordharley

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:34 am

time and time again you have problems with 1 person or another...

My Team has a strict uniform for the reason of looking like a team, as well as role playing a real unit (not all role play is old outfits) and to help identify friendlies(we have reflective patches on our backs which help team mates behind us know our position at night). This is the type of thing that involves a team vote where if you still want to play with that team and are out voted then you have to deal with it if you honestly don't like it then leave(like I left SWORD).

Aren't you the one constantly complaining about people not knowing who is an enemy and friendly on the field? well if you all would agree on a uniform you might not have that problem.
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:52 am

Am I technically a "T-Shirt n00b?"
Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Photoon2011-04-22at0011
T-Shirt & jeans. Yep, I fit the bill. lol
Back to top Go down
http://shireairsoft.webs.com/
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:56 am

Nixon I think the "peq" fits the bill more than the tshirt lol.
Back to top Go down
MAG
Sergeant
Sergeant
MAG

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:50 am

Repo wrote:
Nixon I think the "peq" fits the bill more than the tshirt lol.

was going to say that get a peg 15 works great for your marine impression and looks good to boot
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:48 pm

lol, I can explain the PEQ.
Back to top Go down
MAG
Sergeant
Sergeant
MAG

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:11 am

Nixon wrote:
lol, I can explain the PEQ.

you fell on it
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:48 am

Well, the gun did at least.
Back to top Go down
MAG
Sergeant
Sergeant
MAG

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Nixon wrote:
Well, the gun did at least.

ouch that sucks
Back to top Go down
Nixon
Corporal
Corporal
Nixon

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Meh, they're both fine.
Back to top Go down
MAG
Sergeant
Sergeant
MAG

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Nixon wrote:
Meh, they're both fine.

aslong as it works
Back to top Go down
evil e
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
evil e

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Repo wrote:
evil e wrote:

LOL Even if I am, I still look cool
Back to top Go down
SheepDogRex
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Most of everything that this game revolves around is based on a uniform. It is Milsim for the most part. Every team out there that is worth mentioning has a set uniform.My team is U.S. Army based so we try and keep to their ranking and uniform styles.We however have 2 allies that are Marine based so their uniforms and structure are different. Dont really agree with the you cant judge a team by their load-out, but that is just my opinion . I like to see what other teams wear and incorporate it to my load-out if it seems practical. Enough about me lets talk about Sand Dragon a bit. Your uniforms make you who you are, however if your team is not like minded in what theme you want to present , then I dont think you can force them into it. This should be something that is discussed amongst your members. Just because you are CPT. doesn't make you a dictator. Keep in mind i have zero knowledge of what goes on with team FAST. I am just voicing my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Vudu ODA-196 wrote:
Most of everything that this game revolves around is based on a uniform. It is Milsim for the most part. Every team out there that is worth mentioning has a set uniform.My team is U.S. Army based so we try and keep to their ranking and uniform styles.We however have 2 allies that are Marine based so their uniforms and structure are different. Dont really agree with the you cant judge a team by their load-out, but that is just my opinion . I like to see what other teams wear and incorporate it to my load-out if it seems practical. Enough about me lets talk about Sand Dragon a bit. Your uniforms make you who you are, however if your team is not like minded in what theme you want to present , then I dont think you can force them into it. This should be something that is discussed amongst your members. Just because you are CPT. doesn't make you a dictator. Keep in mind i have zero knowledge of what goes on with team FAST. I am just voicing my opinion.

Funny Quote-Your uniforms make you who you are,

SO you are saying I am really a NAZI, Vietcong, Russian , Communist son of a bitch 1920s Gangster!

SO you are saying I am a Hater and an ASSHOLE!

SO You really believe my Costume is the man who is me!

Airsoft is my secret taboo sport and I respect and hope you respect the fact that this is all just a fictional game of scenarios.

This is just a game!

I Never Made my team mates wear a Patch or Iron Cross badge and technically I can only Inspire them to give it a try!

Sure The Iron cross had a 300 year historic run and only one very bad Nazi ending....So what!.....Are we that dumb of a people to become historically fanatic and forget the other past 300 years for that one past blemish!

Also there are in fact current issues about bringing that metal back for all those who are Ignorant about it!- anyways I knew it was a hot topic and I took a chance and figured what the hell this could be fun!

As for Uniform issues... NO ONE can force or impose a Uniform upon a member... ONLY INSPIRE them and encourage them to follow with the team.

Maybe I stand alone test my team mates on this issue by blazing opposition uniforms and guns to boot... This is how I'm gonna spend my weekend and I am having fun...I do not require to be OFFICIAL in the team leadership thing because I really see my self as more of an adviser.

I actually am quite serious as a Leader but have not been Imposing Nor really ruled with an Iron Fist...

As Leader I felt that things were Casual and will run its course as it should... Lets keep it low maintenance as I was expecting a slow evolving team movement and nothing too radical - me being my own exception because I can spend my own money the way I feel and you need not follow nor keep up with the way I have fun. I will buy my own weapons and watch you drool... coming soon German MP40-MP44... Maybe Soviet RPG too!

I take different kinds of roles.

ONLINE -I may be a Leader and Adviser keeping people honest and down to earth.

In the Field- I try to organize the games.

During the games- I am not all that great as a leader and rely on my fellow players to tell me where to spray my heavy machine gun, and I have fun running and gunning... BANZAI!!!!!

Now some players are trying to place my Uniform as an Iconic image of the player that is a n00b!....Those people need to let it be and carry on with other game issues, YOU CANNOT FORCE A PLAYER to CHANGE!- Only Encourage them to slowly evolve.

Do not Heckle players who are dressed different!

Do not be the Materialistic airsoft player- Its acting rather snobbish and n00bish!

The guy with the big guns is not a pro-looks are deceiving!

Play as team even if it doesn't look like it is!

Disregard any trash talk and bullshit...Its only a game!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judging people based on what they wear and what they got!   Judging people based on what they wear and what they got! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next