AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Paintball and Airsoft Vote_lcapPaintball and Airsoft Voting_barPaintball and Airsoft Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Paintball and Airsoft Vote_lcapPaintball and Airsoft Voting_barPaintball and Airsoft Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Paintball and Airsoft

Go down 
+2
GizMo
tommygunner9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

Paintball and Airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:36 pm

The two are like black and white, or boys and girls. Similar in nature, but different as well. Everyone knows what paintballing is, but few know what airsoft is.

Before I began to play airsoft, I used to paintball. I'm sure it was the same for a lot of us. I was 10 or 11 when I first played paintball, and I loved it.

All I thought about was playing paintball with my friends and would spend hours online looking at paintball guns. It was a very hot topic amongst my guy friends and I.

Problem was, that paintballing is way too expensive. No matter where you went. Tropical Fun Center, Spraypaint, Ruff N Tuff, or Bigshot all hurt our wallets at the end of the day. I wanted more from paintballing though.

I always had these scenarios in my head, actual military scenarios that I knew could not be possible in the world of paintball. The guns look like PBC pipes glued together, honestly. And who wears all the awesome gear we wear to airsoft when paintballing? Not a lot of us.

When I turned to airsoft, I found all those little "scenarios" to be quite normal, and I loved it. The gear, the realistic looking guns, the tactics, just everything.

Do you remember your paintball days? And what made you turn to airsoft? I know alot of the HRO guys had a paintball team before they found the light. Share your past before airsoft with the forum.
Back to top Go down
GizMo
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GizMo

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Paintball and Airsoft L
I MISS THE PAINTBALL DAYS AND SILO....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fuiko
Crazy Joker
Sergeant
Sergeant
Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Nevered played paintball i wanted to still do and i always did know airsoft. I chose airsoft
Back to top Go down
NOBODY
Admin
Admin
NOBODY

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:22 pm

I myself played paintball since the mid 80's I played on a team called Photo Recon the field was called green barrett. Near where the Dolphin mall stands today. My favorite gun I owned was the SMG-60 full auto with ejecting clips, many died by it lol.

Last edited by NOBODY on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Rcinvasion.com
Medic_TD_Dan
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Medic_TD_Dan

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:32 pm

I agree with Gizmo, those were the good old days. If it wasn't for paintball, I wouldn't have gotten into airsoft or guns in general. And NOBODY that is an awesome story. Must have kicked ass!
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:36 am

Ok !.. *I confess!, I too Paint balled

Any one seen that remote controlled tank at PB Matrix?

I had several tanks built for RC battle!
Back to top Go down
GizMo
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GizMo

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 7:00 am

Medic_TD_Dan wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FpHu2MX9ms

good ol' days gizmo
YEAH BRO WE RULED THAT PLACE.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fuiko
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 pm

ohhh shit, yeah i have seen that tank, but i didnt know you made it :0 Big Tank
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:27 pm

tommygunner9 wrote:
ohhh shit, yeah i have seen that tank, but i didnt know you made it :0 Big Tank

Actually I had 3 of them made and I merely acquired them and the PB Matrix crew were hired to figure out how to custom build a paint ball unit into the tank to make it a killer drone!

each tank is worth about a thousand dollars. only one battle was held between the tanks before they were sold!
Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:51 pm

That's pretty crazy man haha! How did the whole paintball mechanism work?
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm

tommygunner9 wrote:
That's pretty crazy man haha! How did the whole paintball mechanism work?

Leo and the crew put a small paint ball pistol in the turret of a 1/6th scale army RC tank .

he built 2 versions, mine had a simple hopper and a fixed elevated barrel but his had an internal drum mag, and the barrel had full elvation control as well as a well placed wireless live camera!

the tanks were small bottles strapped to the rear of the turret and could last for all the duration of a good game!

all the tanks were powered by a full sized motorycycle battery and two 9 volt batteys powered mechinisms such as the paint ball pistol and the cameras.

mission battles were usually cheap gag shots at friends and their cars....some kick ass showing off at the motorcycle show at Fuddruckers with barrel condoms on!

and one seriously long epic battle between Leos tank and mine!.....I lost!

range of both the camera and the radio is about 300 feet and I would sit inside the house on a hot sunny day in front of a T.V.with a zeroed in cross hair marked on the screen patroling my apartment town home complex spying and sniping at potential targets!

Paintball and Airsoft 16724910

This is the smaller and lighter airsoft German tiger tank- fires airsoft rounds! it comes fully stock and operational and can even be full metal upgraded- 1/16th scale (E-Bay)
Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 am

That is simply amazing! It's people with minds and who put things into practice that are really impressive!
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 am

tommygunner9 wrote:
That is simply amazing! It's people with minds and who put things into practice that are really impressive!

Only problem is that we were the only tank drivers around town, Imagine showing up with the biggest baddest airsoft gear and no one lives or plays in your area for miles around!

I also have this problem when sailing my model sail ships...no one to spar with so I often sail my RC models alone.

Paintball and Airsoft Img_0010

Paintball and Airsoft P1012210

I know this is a paint ball topic but this just goes to show that I'm the kind of guy that is dedicated enough to all sorts of custom builds whether I'm Building detailed working models, Sandcastles. or airsoft bunkers in the field!
Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:16 am

damn, that's awesome, I really do not have the patience to do that. And those sailboats are beautiful, I have always loved sailboats and you made are awesome dude!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paintball and Airsoft   Paintball and Airsoft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paintball and Airsoft
Page 1 of 1