AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
airsoftgi g4. need help Vote_lcapairsoftgi g4. need help Voting_barairsoftgi g4. need help Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
airsoftgi g4. need help Vote_lcapairsoftgi g4. need help Voting_barairsoftgi g4. need help Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

airsoftgi g4. need help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

Location : Helicopter One Landing In Whe City, Veitnam Year 1968

airsoftgi g4. need help Empty
PostSubject: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:51 pm

hello im having a problem with my g4 Flaming hog. first time i shoot it the BB flys about 10 feet and curves hard down. thus i took apart gun to find inner barel length is 4.5 inches long. i tryed all hop up settings but it still hamered the BB. if it is a longer abrrel or differnet hop up or anything . please help me.
Back to top Go down
devil
Sergeant
Sergeant
devil

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:22 pm

the bucking is either bad or misaligned
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:03 am

thnx devil but actually we found out the barrel was upside down. but i do need a longer inner barrel
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:22 am

...were did u buy it from?
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:08 am

airsoftgi
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:10 am

every time someone buys a gun from them it comes fucked up.There was this one guy who got his gun with a missing barrel and hop up.
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:11 am

damn that sux.
Back to top Go down
devil
Sergeant
Sergeant
devil

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Oddball wrote:
thnx devil but actually we found out the barrel was upside down. but i do need a longer inner barrel

the barrel upside down is like the bucking being upside down, the same effectsyou don't need a longer one. my m4 has a short barrel and it will shoot out around 200ft
Back to top Go down
Crazy Joker
Sergeant
Sergeant
Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:26 pm

devil wrote:
Oddball wrote:

the barrel upside down is like the bucking being upside down, the same effectsyou don't need a longer one. my m4 has a short barrel and it will shoot out around 200ft
hey want do you think is the best hop up i want to Up my range
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 am

a hop up unit won't increase your range, a combination of bucking/nub is the easiest to improve range/accuracy... get a systema bucking and an SCS nub.... also a tight bore will improve accuracy and range (the bb is pushed through a tight place, all the air coming out of the gearbox is sued to push the bb out, non goes around it, and there is less wobble, so more accurate), and of course an increase of fps.... but remember, it's a combination, putting on a 140 spring doesn't mean instant 300 ft range....

you don't need to change the hop up unit unless its damaged, but maybe it is, is it?

ps, im a pretty good chairsofter Razz
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 am

would this help range
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 am

A bit, it comes with a decent bucking.... so better backspin=range and more precise/consistent backspin= accuracy... but you don't need a new hop up, you only change it when it breaks, also, you might have a two piece hop up, and that one won't fit on your m4 body...

instead, you should use the money to get a systema bucking, scs nub and tight bore (mad bull is best for the 35$ range)

eddit: you know there is several parts that make up the hop up system, i think you are getting confused... there is the actual unit, that doesn't not impact performance when changed, but houses the bucking (rubber sleeve around the barrel, actually makes contact with BBs and therefore the only part worth changing, in the case of the one in evike, its blue) and the nub (its pushed by gears inside the hop up unit into the sleeve, determines the shape of the sleeve... most are flat, but the SCS is concave, has two contact points: more accurate)

The most easiest way to improve range is changing the spring and getting nice O rings for your piston for better compression... but this only works if you have a nice bucking and nub... again, its a combination... the metal hop up "unit" won't make a difference in anything really, except it might be more durable than plastic, but to me, a waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:16 am

thanks landa. i dont know much about hopup units but this helps. i will follow ur word of wisdom
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:24 am

no problem, the systema bucking and scs nub you can get in ebay, airsoftgi, evike, etc is backordered, and its not so expensive in ebay... like a total of 15$...
the mad bull barrel you can get in airsoft gi for 35 and if you what to increase your fps, you can pick up an m120 with your tight bore barrel.. then go to home depot and buy number 14 o rings... when you take apart the gearbox to install the spring (buy a ball baring spring guide if you don't have one, the m120 will put a lot of stress on your gearbox if not).. so you grab the ring and wrap it around the outside of the cylinder, and then get a lighter and heat it up, when you put it back to the piston head, you have a super tight air seal and your fps will increase (sometimes the spring is stronger, but the fps don't change much, that means the compression is bad, so thats why you get o rings to get a better seal and all the work the motor does actually pushes the bb forward...)

ofc, do this if you want to.. but if you just what to get the bucking and nub, ok then.... its really easy to install those two... the tight bore is also easy install, but i don't see you paying 15$ of shipping for one item.. you might as well get the spring (and if you have to, spring guide) and improve fps too, apart from the range and accuracy yoga re improving just with the bucking nub... and barrel... lol i hope I'm not confusing you, its too early in the morning...
Back to top Go down
Crazy Joker
Sergeant
Sergeant
Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Landa wrote:
no problem, the systema bucking and scs nub you can get in ebay, airsoftgi, evike, etc is backordered, and its not so expensive in ebay... like a total of 15$...
the mad bull barrel you can get in airsoft gi for 35 and if you what to increase your fps, you can pick up an m120 with your tight bore barrel.. then go to home depot and buy number 14 o rings... when you take apart the gearbox to install the spring (buy a ball baring spring guide if you don't have one, the m120 will put a lot of stress on your gearbox if not).. so you grab the ring and wrap it around the outside of the cylinder, and then get a lighter and heat it up, when you put it back to the piston head, you have a super tight air seal and your fps will increase (sometimes the spring is stronger, but the fps don't change much, that means the compression is bad, so thats why you get o rings to get a better seal and all the work the motor does actually pushes the bb forward...)

ofc, do this if you want to.. but if you just what to get the bucking and nub, ok then.... its really easy to install those two... the tight bore is also easy install, but i don't see you paying 15$ of shipping for one item.. you might as well get the spring (and if you have to, spring guide) and improve fps too, apart from the range and accuracy yoga re improving just with the bucking nub... and barrel... lol i hope I'm not confusing you, its too early in the morning...
So many copy paste. i just skim thourght
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:00 pm

wat? i didn't copy paste anything... i wrote the whole thing, what are you trying to say?
Back to top Go down
Crazy Joker
Sergeant
Sergeant
Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Landa wrote:
wat? i didn't copy paste anything... i wrote the whole thing, what are you trying to say?
That was perfectly writen no errors or anything ive senn you right befor. but there no sham in copy paste i do it to
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:23 pm

that's awesome, but I'm telling you, i didn't copy paste anything ...
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:08 pm

i gonna get a m4 length innerbarrel ( 370 mm)
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Oddball wrote:
i gonna get a m4 length innerbarrel ( 370 mm)

add a bucking and nub to your order and you are done (systema and scs, like i said):
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCS-Shredders-Concave-Spacer-Nub-Hop-Up-Hopup-/190550344915?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5daf84d3#ht_1751wt_1219

http://cgi.ebay.com/Systema-Hop-up-Bucking-ZS-07-01-/120727690022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1bee5b26#ht_1000wt_922

trust me, don't waste your money on anything else
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:40 pm

thnx landa i appreciate your help
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 pm

landa i bought the items u sudgested. but the concave spacer i cant install. i tryed looking it up on the internet but cant find any ways to install. will u be airsofting this weekend
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:32 pm

yes i will, my lipo batteries are here... unless i fail miserably soldering my connectors to deans D:

What usually happens is you need to shave the sides a bit, is that why its not fitting in the hop up, or is it more simple like you can't get to the "nub compartment" lol
Back to top Go down
Oddball
Corporal
Corporal
Oddball

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 pm

if i see u there can u help me oh great one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: airsoftgi g4. need help   airsoftgi g4. need help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

airsoftgi g4. need help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIRSOFT RESERVE :: Airsoft Modifications, Maintenance And Repair :: AEG Repairs-
Jump to: