AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Buying my first gun, need advice! Vote_lcapBuying my first gun, need advice! Voting_barBuying my first gun, need advice! Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Buying my first gun, need advice! Vote_lcapBuying my first gun, need advice! Voting_barBuying my first gun, need advice! Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Buying my first gun, need advice!

Go down 
+3
DEVIN
Jester
xTwiiisteDx
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

Buying my first gun, need advice! Empty
PostSubject: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 pm

I have done paintballing before and i wanted to try airsoft so i did with some friends at the field and i loved it! Now i want to purchase a gun and i was looking through evike and i found one that i liked and it seemed good. I need advice because i obviously don't know much about the difference and stuff. I tried an m4 and i like it, i also like the m16 though i havent tried it. please if anyone can help me out with this, im open to suggestions.

These are some of the ones i saw and liked:

1.)
G&G Combat Machine 16 Raider Airsoft AEG Rifle (full metal):
Length: 785 / 885mm
Weight: 2800g
Inner Barrel Length: 363mm
Gearbox: Version 2
Muzzle Velocity: 340-400FPS
Magazine: 450 rounds G&G Hi-cap magazine. (Use all M4 / M16 series Magazine)
Package Includes: Gun, Hi-cap Magazine, Cleaning rod and manual.
Motor: Long Type
Battery: Butterfly Type (Battery & Charger Not Included.)
Fire Mode: Full/Semi Auto, Safety
Manufacturer: G&G

2.)
Boyi DBoys M4 CASV Airsoft Gun AEG (Metal):
- Velocity: 350 FPS (0.2 g BB) / Range 150-170 Feet
- Barrel Length: 14.5 inches / 37 cm
- Magazine Capacity: 300 Rounds
Features:
- Metal Gearbox
- Metal Construction
- Battery and Charger Included

3.)
JG AEG Latest Version MK36C Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ Reinforced Gearbox (Plastic i think):
Package Includes: JG MK36C Type AEG (Newest Version), Battery, Charger, Manual, Cleaning / Unjamming rod, Hi-cap magazine.
Dimensions: 500mm (718mm) x 275mm / 2650g
Muzzle velocity: 350~400 FPS
Range: 80~150 feet
Firing Modes: Fully Automatic / Semi Automatic / Safety
BB: 6mm. (0.20g, 0.23g, 0.25g or 0.28g. Matrix or other true high grade 6mm bbs ONLY.)
Magazine: 470 round hicap (included). Use all TM Compatible MK36 series magazine.
Gearbox: Version 3 Full upgradable gearbox
Hopup: Yes / Adjustable
Battery: Small Type.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/hottito/beastairsoft
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:28 pm

go for that JG g36c

its the cheapest out of the three, the most reliable, and with very minimal upgrades youll have it outperforming many guns on the field
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 pm

And it cures cancer.
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:38 pm

Does it matter if is metal or plastic!? and if you guys have any recommendations of any guns im open for any suggestion. the three guns that i listed are all the same price 140 but they dont all bring required things like battery and charger. is that why the JG is cheaper?
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 pm

The jg is cheaper because its made by little kids in china who get paid 80 cents an hour...but those kids sure know how to make a damn good gun!I'st made out of abs and its really sturdy the real one isn't metal either.The gun is very reliable and has decent performance out of the box, the price for it is a steal.I recommend it, And like jester said with a tight bore barrel and madbull bucking it will out shoot most high end guns.If you order it get a 9.6battery,a smart charger,6.01 madbull barrel,systema or madbull shark bucking.
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 am

xTwiiisteDx wrote:
Does it matter if is metal or plastic!? and if you guys have any recommendations of any guns im open for any suggestion. the three guns that i listed are all the same price 140 but they dont all bring required things like battery and charger. is that why the JG is cheaper?

go to evike, the gun costs 125 without using a coupon code already, as well as it comes with a battery and charger

it doesnt really matter if its made of metal or plastic, but depending on the gun youll want to watch out for it, the real steel g36c is made of plastic.
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:31 am

Thank you so much i have a question. What's a systema for or the other thing?
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

I'm really sorry i ask a lot of questions but i want to make sure i buy the best gun and know everything i have to purchase with it so i can do it in one purchase with out mistakes lol

What's the difference from these three?
JG New Version MK36K Civilian Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle $145
JG AEG Latest Version MK36C Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ Reinforced Gearbox $125
JG New Version MK36K Civilian Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle $150

And also can i upgrade them later to a Crane Stock & RIS? or is it better just to get the JG MK36K Custom Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle with M4 Mag Adapter / Crane Stock & RIS
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:06 am

xTwiiisteDx wrote:
I'm really sorry i ask a lot of questions but i want to make sure i buy the best gun and know everything i have to purchase with it so i can do it in one purchase with out mistakes lol

What's the difference from these three?
JG New Version MK36K Civilian Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle $145
JG AEG Latest Version MK36C Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle w/ Reinforced Gearbox $125
JG New Version MK36K Civilian Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle $150

And also can i upgrade them later to a Crane Stock & RIS? or is it better just to get the JG MK36K Custom Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle with M4 Mag Adapter / Crane Stock & RIS

the systema hop up bucking is an upgrade part, it increases accuracy and range.

as for the difference, the mk36k (g36k) is a longer version of the g36c, as well as the one that costs 150 is probably the one that comes with the scope and is the longest,
post some links because im not sure why the same gun description should cost $5 more
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:40 am

these are the ones that im looking at. what is the difference? and is it just better to get the first one since it includes the ris & crane stock? Sorry since im a new member i cant post links yet so the link is below just type in one "w"
ww.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=33943
ww.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=27598
ww.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=30089
ww.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=31377
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 am

O one other thing, do you recommend the MK36K or the MK36C, or are they the same thing? is one more powerful than the other? and do you recommend the systemma or madbull shark bucking? what is the difference from these two?
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:08 pm

xTwiiisteDx wrote:
O one other thing, do you recommend the MK36K or the MK36C, or are they the same thing? is one more powerful than the other? and do you recommend the systemma or madbull shark bucking? what is the difference from these two?

i would stay away from the g36's that use m4 magazines, get the g36's from the two middle links
as for the difference between the g36c and g36k, theyre both the same internally except for the g36k has a longer inner barrel, externally the g36k is longer so it all depends on what you want.

as for the upgrades, get a madbull 6.01 or 6.03 tightbore (6.01=aircraft aluminum and 6.03=black python) get a systema bucking, or a echo 1 blue bucking, and a pcs nub. just those upgrades will increase your accuracy and range greatly.

links:

pcs spacer: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_71_368&products_id=31599

systema bucking: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_71_368&products_id=24636

6.01 tightbore (for G36C): http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_72_375&products_id=32809

6.03 tightbore (for G36C): http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_72_375&products_id=24372

Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:08 pm

So just because the MK36K is longer than the 36C doesnt mean that it has a better range or accuracy? And is the tightbore only for the 36C? and can the red thing on the front of the barrel be removed? I dont want to be seen because of it lol In your honest opinion which one would you pick for you!? and why? Thank you so much, really i'm glad this forum exists or else who knows what i would of bought lol
Back to top Go down
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:44 pm

xTwiiisteDx wrote:
So just because the MK36K is longer than the 36C doesnt mean that it has a better range or accuracy? And is the tightbore only for the 36C? and can the red thing on the front of the barrel be removed? I dont want to be seen because of it lol In your honest opinion which one would you pick for you!? and why? Thank you so much, really i'm glad this forum exists or else who knows what i would of bought lol

For your first question, inner barrel length will affect range as it gives more length for the air to expand.

Second you can a tightbore barrel for many different lengths.

Third it is not legal to sell a airsoft replica without a orangs/red tip, but there is no law against removing it.

If this is your first aeg I do not think it to be wise to try to upgrade everything yourself. You have a chance to doing damage to the hopup unit when you remove the barrel. Get someone who knows what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
andre5.56nato
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
andre5.56nato

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 pm

like jester said , you should look into the g36, read about the gun on forums and do some research on it. its a great gun and when i had one it shot very nice.
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:26 pm

thank you repo, yes it is my first and I was planning on buying the upgrades but having someone who knows install it cause i don't know anything about it. lol do you know someone or somewhere i can take it? Repo which one would you prefer to get? and Andres do you recommend the 36K or the 36C? Im looking into the 36 but im stuck in deciding which one is better. which one would you get? As you guys can see i'm really stressed about this because i want to get the gun that is right. please help lol and thanks
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 pm

xTwiiisteDx wrote:

currently i have the g36c from jg as my primary, and im in the process of buying the g36k for a longer rifle

i posted the links to the tightbores of the g36c length but it doesnt stop you from putting a shorter barrel in a longer gun, if you want the length of the g36k it will be a 363mm barrel.

the flashhider can be taken off and i would reccomend swapping it out with something cooler like a noveske or a mock supressor

as for the upgrades, ill do them for free, just bring them out to the field and give me 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:14 am

Jester thanks a lot! I really appreciate it lol. I have been looking at videos of both guns and they seem about the same. I think im going to go for the 36C just because is a bit cheaper and that way i can upgrade it with the money i would spent on the 36K. Im going to the field next saturday the 22, will you be there? I'm also buying a battery, 9.6V 1600 mah butterfly type small battery to improve the rate of fire? Is this good or should i leave the stock battery? I'm getting an universal smart charger for 7.2 V-12 V. The systema hop up bucking/ hop packing for airsoft aeg. the pcs hop up spacer. You said to get these two right? let me know if i should get any other things that may help me and i'll see if i can add it too. o also i'm getting a pack of 20,000 .20 bbs for $39, is this a fair price or is there somewhere else i can get it cheaper for more bbs? thank you for guiding me through this!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm eternally grateful just like the aliens from toy story lol
Back to top Go down
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:03 pm

I personally really don't like the feel of a g36, but it is a great platform for a multi mission weapon. The biggest problem I have with most of the g36 that you can find in the airsoft market is the weak bodies. Personally I am kinda ruff with airsoft aegs and plastic bodies don't last long with me.

Even if its a polymer aeg I have seen them get smacked on what must be the weak spot and crack like a egg. I think the cold makes them brittle so you won't have that problem much down here.
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 pm

xTwiiisteDx wrote:
Jester thanks a lot! I really appreciate it lol. I have been looking at videos of both guns and they seem about the same. I think im going to go for the 36C just because is a bit cheaper and that way i can upgrade it with the money i would spent on the 36K. Im going to the field next saturday the 22, will you be there? I'm also buying a battery, 9.6V 1600 mah butterfly type small battery to improve the rate of fire? Is this good or should i leave the stock battery? I'm getting an universal smart charger for 7.2 V-12 V. The systema hop up bucking/ hop packing for airsoft aeg. the pcs hop up spacer. You said to get these two right? let me know if i should get any other things that may help me and i'll see if i can add it too. o also i'm getting a pack of 20,000 .20 bbs for $39, is this a fair price or is there somewhere else i can get it cheaper for more bbs? thank you for guiding me through this!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm eternally grateful just like the aliens from toy story lol

i wouldnt reccomend any lipo to anyone, so go with the 9.6,
i might possibly be there not sure yet, thats my birthday lol
and 20,000 bbs for 39 is a great price, there are places here that will charge you $20 for 5,000
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Jester wrote:
xTwiiisteDx wrote:

and 20,000 bbs for 39 is a great price, there are places here that will charge you $20 for 5,000

no they charge you 15 bucks for 5000 bbs when you get it from streets
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Jester wrote:
xTwiiisteDx wrote:

sorry i hate buying online it sucks i get stuff at store and i still get the best prices without waiting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:47 pm

A lipo will increase trigger response and ROF, but will increase wear on the piston and gear set. A aeg like a JG will get worn down really quick by a lipo. Personally I think lipos are only worth it when you use a burst wizard so that you control the amount of shots pre trigger pull exactly and keep the trigger contacts from going bad that way.
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:08 pm

How funny Jester my birthday is the next day on sunday lol. And yea i think i am getting that. So you think that is good all together? and Lipo? what is that? And Repo i agree about the plastic but a lot of people on youtube and on reviews say that it is pretty hard plastic? I prefer metal but a cheap gun all metal for someone starting out can't be easy to find right? what other gun is there in all metal?
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey also what type of eye protection can i use? cause i was looking up some goggles but they fog up Sad i have the painball mask and man they really fog up fast! i need something that covers but doesn't fog up. what do you suggest?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying my first gun, need advice!   Buying my first gun, need advice! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying my first gun, need advice!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next