AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Back in the Silo Days...... Vote_lcapBack in the Silo Days...... Voting_barBack in the Silo Days...... Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Back in the Silo Days...... Vote_lcapBack in the Silo Days...... Voting_barBack in the Silo Days...... Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Back in the Silo Days......

Go down 
+2
romeo0707
SandDragon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

Back in the Silo Days...... Empty
PostSubject: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Back in the Silo Days.....Near Krome ave, there was this Abandonded lot of land that is known as Camp Krome a former military Silo that later on became Deserted.

This place for more than a Decade became a great place for Airsoft and Paintball as well as other unsavory activity until it was recently closed down in a government crackdown.

Of course before it was finally closed down, There are some interesting curious questions that could help in the future for refrence.

Of cource Does any one know the History of this place?

How long it operated as a Rebel field back in the day?

Being it be Free how many airsofters did it draw on game day as well as paintballers?

Was motivation to go ever as high as it was then as it is now?- or were we all too complacent and squandered most of the potential days available to attend?

were the Airsofters organized or did they just drop in?

Does anyone Miss this place or are you the kind of fellow who forgets!?

the reasons Why I ask this is because I am putting together a few conclusions but need more data based on facts of a previous era.

If Airsoft is to become more developed out here in South Florida It would be nice to know the organizational potential of our airsoft community or if they are un organized and many lone sharks!........
Back in the Silo Days...... Silo10
I am also interested in knowing the previous Silo era response efforts of teams who did organize roll calls...how big did it get?

Was the Airsoft community deeply organized or was it a Rabble that some how got together?

-And more important- could we ever assemble the amount of airsofters on any given field- even a FREE one like FOX HOLE?

Though I am working out my own conclusion based on any data, feel free to add your own as well as any facts from old debriefs, photos and sucessful roll calls.
Back to top Go down
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 pm

I was here after silo closed down. can you tell me more about it? where is it, how big was it.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:56 pm

romeo0707 wrote:
I was here after silo closed down. can you tell me more about it? where is it, how big was it.

About 4 years ago I heard about it from PB Matrix...

I Dropped in a few times and it was seemingly exciting in its turnouts....

It was Dominated mostly by Paintballers but early Saturday mornings the airsofters would ourganize and move in....I think it was Claimed by Paintballers first so there was mutual sharing of the field and building.

The Building is now covered in Graffiti and no glass or doors, every room is gutted out and full of rubble.

The building has long halways with many rooms and an intersecting T in the main hallways... clearing rooms in this CQB space is like going inside a passenger train...going from room to room but always leaping through the main hallways...(BANG OUT)

At the time I was not present there enough to see any great full on senerios other than down pilot.

I of course did much better outside the building rather than fighting from within it...at one time I encountered a beehive and a rather large wild python snake....There were a lot of n00b familys who also dropped in and you would see ATVs running around with those guys completelly oblivious to using any eye protection.

There was also a Hot dog stand set up by a vendor at the street...passing cars would stop and get a bite.

...and the Occational Hunter would drop in and Fire some real Fire arms, blowing up glass bottles and tin cans.
One week day I went out to scout the field and dropped in on some kids smoking a Bong in one of the rooms.

On the Final day it Closed I was just finishing up in the reload area and trading phone numbers with a friend for airsoft contacts to an organization (SFAR)
when I herad a cry from the street that the Police was here and kicking people out!

I then Quietlly packed up my gear in gun bag and walked out to my car and that was the last I saw of the Camp Krome....(The Officer was dealing with the Hot dog Vendor)

I later heard word that some RETARD Paintballer went outside and Fired Randomly at Cars on Krome avenue!
Police were sent in to respond... Later on this field was Later walled off with Barbed wire, barriers, trespassing signs and was patroled to keep the area off limits to the public.

Back to top Go down
Mirko
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Mirko

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Look it up in Youtube. You'll find tons of videos. "Miami Silo" or similar search. "silo paintball", "silo airsoft"
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Of Course My Guess conclussion is that Even with a huge Free field our airsoft reserve population is not only slow but rather disfunctional in Organizing and even attending roll calls......I don't understand why FOX HOLE has not flourished by word of mouth and is only running on SUNDAYS?

Now that the this rebel field is inaccessable the die hards are willing to pay and build bunkers at other venues and it is much harder to establish a big airsoft community with so many non dedicated cheapscape airsofters.

It ampilfies my resolve that the general airsofter lot started out spoiled and aquiring the dedicated assembly of a community is next to near as impossible as what is already being done at CQB city California.

Its clearly a richmans sport and there is no room for the poor and Homeless!

Homeless?...Oh Wait !... Theres FOX HOLE!.....No Excuse why , even a poor guy could play!

-See Roll call for Bum Fights and Brawls at the FOXHOLE!
Back to top Go down
Streets
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Streets

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:41 am

We would like to leave sundays for the serious player.. so were good.... we have Atleast 25 players sunday... we wont tolerate bullcrap... people that come to not call hits and f around.. if ur serious and tired of playing agaist zombies come by sunday... 10 to 4.. were there playing objective games... and having fun... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=46667&id=1904193610021
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 am

nice sounds good to me, i wish i still had my gun and gear again.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm

FOX HOLE

Its Not the Silo but It could be if you attend at the Fox hole...airsofters -do gather here on Sundays!

This location is a Rebel field so if you are new to this field , its probablly illegal, and thus only us Experienced players should go...maybe The HRO crew and others who would like to play it old school.

WARNING!
SandDragon may drop in, Burn yer villages, then fly off!

LOL- Might be taking pictures and bringing sodas!

Meanwhile I will try to making corrections to the Matrix field and iron out any administative bugs....This field will have no operational referees....there are no services and your Honor will be on the line here so call all your hits!

Location is deeply wooded, trails may need required cuttings...send in the scouts ....all Bunkers should still be as they were...contact SandDragon for repairs to bunkers if modifications are necessary...Vollunteers are welcome!

All players going should meet at 10:30am sharp for first games....I will probablly not be there so those on roll call must organize a say in the event!

Bring food, Drink, ammo and bug spray... there are absolutelly no services here on this deserted piece of shit land!...Uh - Just kidding!...Have fun!
Back in the Silo Days...... Fox_ho25[/quote]

Ok I Thought and meditated long enough about the issue of this reble field being secret.

In Fact its the fucking secret part about this field that has probablly stunted its operational usage.

I need more players recruited on this forum so heres the deal....

RECRUIT more Airsofters to this Forum as it will aid you dearly if you want to successfully operate and host great games on this reble field.
Failure will only result in playing alone with the crickets!

Host Proper Roll calls!...and do post debriefs so that players will get stoked and inspired to add to the gaming enviornment and attend.

I do not like going to a field and seeing such poor attendance that its like not even worth it!

This is an Adult enviornment, sorry kiddies but this place could get shut down at any time so going here can run a risk....This place is as wild as the woods and if you are hurt you better have a helping friend nearby.

Please exercise caution and respect in this enviornment, do not litter or expose yourself with your weapons in public...Play within the confines of this deserted city block and avoid contact with the general public if they are present.

The Police are aware that we have played here, respect them and they will respect you!
Act like a Punk and you will be treated like one!

There is no Food, Water or Referees here...Expect to honor the system and stock up like campers!
Back in the Silo Days...... Dsc00310
Park your vehicals in a legal and orderly fashion, the area is patroled and can be seen from the air, Absolutelly no horse play or illegal driving.....Someone could be seriously hurt!

Please maintain an organized attitude on the field - Organize on the forum posting so that you can attend games and make everything smooth running!

Do not just Drop in!...use the Forum to find out if there is a game event at the Fox Hole.

Now You heard my deal so heres the goods!... I'm spilling the beans and I only expect you to do your part of RECRUITMENT and ROLLCALLS... Make it happen

FOX HOLE IS LOCATED off 288th st and US1 situated near the Homestead airforce base and by airforce base reserve park huddled next to a school.

Back in the Silo Days...... Fox_ho18

Back in the Silo Days...... Fox_ho19

Back in the Silo Days...... Fox_110

Back in the Silo Days...... Fox_ho20

This Map is subject to updates but shows the last known locations of tire bunker structures that may now be hidden in the field.- The Sniper tower was never built!

WATCH OUT FORE OPEN MANHOLES!

Back in the Silo Days...... Fox_ho21

Back in the Silo Days...... Curren12

THERE! Now I only EXPECT YOU to DO YOUR PART!.....Good LUCK FOX HOLE CREW!
Back in the Silo Days...... Dsc00311
My only Question is, will it fire up or will it fizzle out?....I will be concentrating my more dedicated efforts at PB MATRIX field so do drop in from time to time and show me any HELL you may have learned!.... I got Bunkers to build .... I leave it up to you and your machetes clear out the trails in the FOX HOLE and carry on where I left off!
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Silo was fuckin awesome. I remember always having a turnout of minimum 30people i think the old forum was siloairsoft . There were alwys good roll calls and you could count on people showing up when they posted. As for team events, whenever D.A.W.G would run SCENARIOS not that crap were trying to pass off as a scenario at pb, there would be huge turnouts. the airsoft community was organized not like todays ramble of players that should take up paintball instead

If you want airsoft to get more serious, a small step would be to use correct terminology. Silo was an UNSANCTIONED field. Calling it a "rebel" field only makes dumb people copy that and sound like a dildo.

And last of all, silo was great with motivation. Reason being was that not only was the field amazing, but you went KNOWING that you would play all day, for free, and would play real gametypes with serious players who were mostly milsim whereas today you have to pay to play till 5 knowing that you will ony play silly so called scenarios with a player base that consists of about 90 percent cod airsofters and kids. who im pretty sure, that if asked, would claim turkey shoot, rabbit hunt and attack and defend are milsim scenarios.

I hope i get an a+ on this essay on how airsoft will never be the same as it was before.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:02 am

Jester wrote:

Silo was fuckin awesome. I remember always having a turnout of minimum 30people i think the old forum was siloairsoft . There were alwys good roll calls and you could count on people showing up when they posted. As for team events, whenever D.A.W.G would run SCENARIOS not that crap were trying to pass off as a scenario at pb, there would be huge turnouts. the airsoft community was organized not like todays ramble of players that should take up paintball instead

If you want airsoft to get more serious, a small step would be to use correct terminology. Silo was an UNSANCTIONED field. Calling it a "rebel" field only makes dumb people copy that and sound like a dildo.

And last of all, silo was great with motivation. Reason being was that not only was the field amazing, but you went KNOWING that you would play all day, for free, and would play real gametypes with serious players who were mostly milsim whereas today you have to pay to play till 5 knowing that you will ony play silly so called scenarios with a player base that consists of about 90 percent cod airsofters and kids. who im pretty sure, that if asked, would claim turkey shoot, rabbit hunt and attack and defend are milsim scenarios.

I hope i get an a+ on this essay on how airsoft will never be the same as it was before.

A+!...Oh and theres always FOX HOLE... lets see if we can get it going strong by recruiting new players to go to it.

I will be treating you to a Burger at BK....Next time we meet we shall have to fight to the Death!...LOL! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:09 am

SandDragon wrote:
Jester wrote:

A+!

I will be treating you to a Burger at BK....Next time we meet we shall have to fight to the Death!...LOL! Twisted Evil
. That's it?Thats all your gonna wright?!What the hell man, I looked up to you, I was expecting 3 paragraphs of Brain food, you disappunted me sanddragon. Thumbs down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Silo Days......   Back in the Silo Days...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in the Silo Days......
Page 1 of 1