AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
yes we paid for these.. Vote_lcapyes we paid for these.. Voting_baryes we paid for these.. Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
yes we paid for these.. Vote_lcapyes we paid for these.. Voting_baryes we paid for these.. Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

yes we paid for these..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

yes we paid for these.. Empty
PostSubject: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 am

i just ordered this computer
yes we paid for these.. Ed11

my friends a rich kid and ordered this FML
yes we paid for these.. Oeg11

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:38 am

Why in the world would you buy an alienware...

Just listen to this guys experience...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFrOwwGpPkg
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:41 pm

RecoN wrote:

trust me i know a lot about computers, and as you can see we didnt buy laptops be bought desktop because they dont overheat. laptop components are too compressed, thats why they fry. a desktop is way more vented. and alienware was right. they cant touch it. a laptops components are all built onto the motherboard to reduce space, so teh video cards, soundcards, GPUs, CPUs are all one piece that you really cant take apart. that dumass obviously doesnt know jack about gaming computers.
Back to top Go down
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
RecoN wrote:

trust me i know a lot about computers, and as you can see we didnt buy laptops be bought desktop because they dont overheat. laptop components are too compressed, thats why they fry. a desktop is way more vented. and alienware was right. they cant touch it. a laptops components are all built onto the motherboard to reduce space, so teh video cards, soundcards, GPUs, CPUs are all one piece that you really cant take apart. that dumass obviously doesnt know jack about gaming computers.

Yea me too lol, you are right about the laptop part, though if I had the money I wouldn't buy a complete computer from a manyfacturer, i've had so many bad experiences. I personally would make a custom build.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

RecoN wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
RecoN wrote:

Yea me too lol, you are right about the laptop part, though if I had the money I wouldn't buy a complete computer from a manyfacturer, i've had so many bad experiences. I personally would make a custom build.
thats why i got the cheapest desktop, because its super fast now but later when faster stuff comes out i can just upgrade. video cards and GPUs actually dont get updated as much as processors, my old 2002 XP has a GeForce 8200 GT that, if put with a faster processor/ram, could play skyrim with no lag
Back to top Go down
thegunguy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
thegunguy

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 pm

gaming laptops aren't all bad, just get one that didn't just come out to make sure it won't fry. i had an asus g50vt, i played skyrim on ultra with no lag....just a 98*C graphics card XD
so yes, it was hot, cpu would be at 50, but other games the gpu was 84-96 and cpu stayed below 50C. the gpu was a 9800gt which is just an underclocked gts (so i overclocked it close to gts speed) and a 2.66ghz core 2 duo

but i agree with recoN, you should have custom built, manufacturers always give a way underpowered gpu for the price.
with a decent processor the main thing you will ever go is upgrade you graphics card.
i have a core 2 quad (q8400) my frieds have a amd phenom x4 (3.x ghx) and amd fx 4100 (3.6 ghz, only score 300 more points than my cpu in pass mark) and a core 2 quad q6600.
i have a 460gtx, friends have a 295 gtx, an amd 5500 and a 250gts..

unless you get the very bottom of the barrel, upgrades aren't really needed, it only does better for laptops with the newer stuff as most new components have onlt done 20% or less improvements but usually have a lower power consumption.

the 560 ti only has ~11% increase in performance over my 460 and it was over $100 more.

unless you do 3D modelling or video encoding your i7 is way overpowered, most programs or games do not use more than 2 core, or even use the 3rd/4th core efficiently. hyperthreading is also mostly useless for gaming as a HT "core" can only process what the physical core it's attached to is working on.

in my opinion the lowest gpu you should ever get would be the previous (or possibly generation before that ) graphics card as you can usually get a higher end card for the same price or cheaper.
my 460gtx was $150 my friend wanted to buy a 550 gtx for $160 which is pointless as my card outperforms it by a longshot. newer is not always better, usually it's just more exspensive.
over 8gb of ram or over 133mhz isn't really going to make a difference in games unless you are planning to run a ramdisk off of it. (i build/repair alot of computers and help suggest parts lists for others)

but atleast the first alienware is not that bad of a price compared to some of the othermanufacturers. but with a manufacturers desktop they do not always support the better cpus so you sometimes still have to buy a new motherboard (but if they come with a gpu they can't stop you upgrading it)

the second, not so much
doesn't even have a dedicated soundcard at the price.

i'm not here to bash you, i just like letting people know. if you put a 560 gtx or the 560 ti in the first one it will be a really nice gaming rig for under a $200 upgrade, otherwise it can take a highend card without being bottlenecked by the cpu.

oh, and skyrim is pretty much a joke (not that it's bad, it's jut that it can run on just about all hardware on the higher settings) try battle field 3 with the hbao (forget spelling) and AA up, or cysis 2 or grid (grid has more setting to play with it on lower systems, crysis only has a modded settings to increase the setting even higher XD)

and currently i forget about amd cards as i don't use them, but i think it's to try and stay with x850 or x870 (ex 6850/6870)

on from all that what games do you have/play?
i could always play more games with more friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:30 am

mainly right now im just playing blacklight retribution, endless space, soldier front, a lil bit of counterstrike.... i dont play mainstream games anymore, they got too retarded for me. i really needed that power for my video editing/photoshop/special effects stuff cause alienware codes the registry codes for high octane power usage vs a regular computer. BTW this computer i ordered is 1 of 3 i currently run right now lol
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 am

oh ya i waste my life on civ 4 lol
Back to top Go down
thegunguy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
thegunguy

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
mainly right now im just playing blacklight retribution, endless space, soldier front, a lil bit of counterstrike.... i dont play mainstream games anymore, they got too retarded for me. i really needed that power for my video editing/photoshop/special effects stuff cause alienware codes the registry codes for high octane power usage vs a regular computer. BTW this computer i ordered is 1 of 3 i currently run right now lol

alienware's registry coding is like apples retina display. it's just a motherboard with the chipset the increases cpu performance (but decreases interfrated graphics power, or altogether disables it), their are other chipsets that work with 3ghz ram, increase the power of onboard graphics, ect. i don't have an i series so i haven't really looked into it much, and all my client builds wanted to keep cheap, so no sli/crossfire motherboards.

has their been an update to blacklight? i satrted palying in the closed beta, but like a month ago some people had it crash because not liking certain gpus, so they made an update to fix it and it caused it to crash on my pc, so i haven't played since.
i also used to play apb reloaded but they took everything away from free to play and anyone that spent money was exttremely op (guns were like $10 for certain ones) so haven't been on that recently either.

it's just been dayz, killing floor, and playing kingdom hearts 2 final mix with an english patch and my ps3 controller and some godhand, both with pcsx2
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 pm

thegunguy wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

alienware's registry coding is like apples retina display. it's just a motherboard with the chipset the increases cpu performance (but decreases interfrated graphics power, or altogether disables it), their are other chipsets that work with 3ghz ram, increase the power of onboard graphics, ect. i don't have an i series so i haven't really looked into it much, and all my client builds wanted to keep cheap, so no sli/crossfire motherboards.

has their been an update to blacklight? i satrted palying in the closed beta, but like a month ago some people had it crash because not liking certain gpus, so they made an update to fix it and it caused it to crash on my pc, so i haven't played since.
i also used to play apb reloaded but they took everything away from free to play and anyone that spent money was exttremely op (guns were like $10 for certain ones) so haven't been on that recently either.

it's just been dayz, killing floor, and playing kingdom hearts 2 final mix with an english patch and my ps3 controller and some godhand, both with pcsx2
blacklight still a little twitchy but somedays it runs pretty well. because it runs multiple HUDs in game it does eff up a lot of people. its open now the betas been done for a while now... but i stick with counterstrike i like simple games. stuff today is way overcomplicated it really annoys me but then im from playing duke nukem on a lan line ina house with 5-6 computers lol
Back to top Go down
thegunguy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
thegunguy

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:40 pm

lol, i know. its after it was open that it caused problems with peoples graphics cards, they fixed some and broke others with an update (before my friend couldn't then i can't but he can) i should try again though.
and idk why but i never really liked counter strike

and all the pretty in blacklight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:38 pm

thegunguy wrote:
lol, i know. its after it was open that it caused problems with peoples graphics cards, they fixed some and broke others with an update (before my friend couldn't then i can't but he can) i should try again though.
and idk why but i never really liked counter strike

and all the pretty in blacklight Very Happy
well i grew up with games like counter strike, i played the crap outta doom, quake (2 is the best, and i know you know it >Razz) duke nukem, age of empires 2, and the halo trial. i remember having to set up LAN parties and how retarded that was cause it was a pain to set up
Back to top Go down
thegunguy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
thegunguy

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:17 am

yeah
i never really got computer access when i was younger (wish i did)
but yeah, lan parties are a pain, but fun
and now hamachi has gone down the drain
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 pm

thegunguy wrote:
yeah
i never really got computer access when i was younger (wish i did)
but yeah, lan parties are a pain, but fun
and now hamachi has gone down the drain
yup i know im having a Civ 4 party tomorrow gonna order 4 pizzas a 24 pack of a coke zero haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yes we paid for these..   yes we paid for these.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yes we paid for these..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIRSOFT RESERVE :: General Dialogue :: Off Topic-
Jump to: