AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Vote_lcapEnd of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Voting_barEnd of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Vote_lcapEnd of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Voting_barEnd of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Empty
PostSubject: End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes   End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Anyone remember E2 cafe in Miami?

Internet gaming cafes once popped up all over Miami, like old school video game arcades....

Many of us may have founded our proud internet gaming ID names from such places....I know I build sandCastles and Im asian mix heritage so I came up with the Title Sanddragon...it later permiated into my other accounts as a sort of title name.

Internet cafes often had Powerful PCs and populated public gaming LAN Partys with many computers wired directly together for the best performance.

It was and still is all the rage to score and post on the internet...gone in popularity of gaming alone against bots....now the game involves a person behind every character represented in a game!...the game got even more interesting!....I totally lost interest in my Nintendo and Ps1 with the exception of GTA on PS2.

Back in 2001, Pentium 2 computers were far more advanced than the DOOM days of 1996.....Battlefield 1942 and Counterstrike were all the rage and were often seen in action at these cafes.

As the available price and quality of computers became more affordable, many of these places quietly closed down...

In its peak hey day, players even resorted to bringing in customized tot box turbo fanned translucent water cooled CPUs and keyboards.
there were contest prizes held by the venues.
Player attendance was some times literally camped 24- 7 with very long ongoing everquest type adventure games!

I used to remember riding my bicycle almost every week to reward myself after the work out for a round of E2 cafe games... It was extra fun meeting live people in person who we teamed up or battled....Very fun hearing a shriek(- DAMN YOU SANDDRAGON!)...After a nasty battle where I was sniping and camping and racking up the kills!

Today LAN partys may occasionally assemble...There are a few surviving internet cafes, but they have to remain in busness doing CPU repairs and selling stuff to stay alive... most players now can play from the comfort and privacy of their homes....computers now are actually more powerful than I fully understand and are now only limited by the quality of internet service connection.

PS3 , Xbox and other gaming platforms have also regained some of these trends in an attempt to retake lost gaming territory... You can thank Internet gaming treads for making such advances to inspire the others.

This post opens the door on the Internet cafes.....I will be having that cup of coffe now thank you!...... and a couple of cookies too!

SANDDRAGON- E2 cafe
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes   End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 pm

SandDragon wrote:
Anyone remember E2 cafe in Miami?

Internet gaming cafes once popped up all over Miami, like old school video game arcades....

Many of us may have founded our proud internet gaming ID names from such places....I know I build sandCastles and Im asian mix heritage so I came up with the Title Sanddragon...it later permiated into my other accounts as a sort of title name.

Internet cafes often had Powerful PCs and populated public gaming LAN Partys with many computers wired directly together for the best performance.

It was and still is all the rage to score and post on the internet...gone in popularity of gaming alone against bots....now the game involves a person behind every character represented in a game!...the game got even more interesting!....I totally lost interest in my Nintendo and Ps1 with the exception of GTA on PS2.

Back in 2001, Pentium 2 computers were far more advanced than the DOOM days of 1996.....Battlefield 1942 and Counterstrike were all the rage and were often seen in action at these cafes.

As the available price and quality of computers became more affordable, many of these places quietly closed down...

In its peak hey day, players even resorted to bringing in customized tot box turbo fanned translucent water cooled CPUs and keyboards.
there were contest prizes held by the venues.
Player attendance was some times literally camped 24- 7 with very long ongoing everquest type adventure games!

I used to remember riding my bicycle almost every week to reward myself after the work out for a round of E2 cafe games... It was extra fun meeting live people in person who we teamed up or battled....Very fun hearing a shriek(- DAMN YOU SANDDRAGON!)...After a nasty battle where I was sniping and camping and racking up the kills!

Today LAN partys may occasionally assemble...There are a few surviving internet cafes, but they have to remain in busness doing CPU repairs and selling stuff to stay alive... most players now can play from the comfort and privacy of their homes....computers now are actually more powerful than I fully understand and are now only limited by the quality of internet service connection.

PS3 , Xbox and other gaming platforms have also regained some of these trends in an attempt to retake lost gaming territory... You can thank Internet gaming treads for making such advances to inspire the others.

This post opens the door on the Internet cafes.....I will be having that cup of coffe now thank you!...... and a couple of cookies too!

SANDDRAGON- E2 cafe
i never knew these existed....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee

End of an Era....Internet gaming cafes
Page 1 of 1