THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeFAQMemberlistRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:17 pm by NOBODY

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon

DEVIN

Jester

Pandemonium

NOBODY

EAGLE

Rogue Echo 1

TANK

Streets

SEABEE

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  

Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Revision of the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 pm

crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Panziekiller wrote:
you basicly described a gas blowback the mags only hold 30 or so and you have to pull the hammer or the slide back to have it shoot again
No. The gun is programmed to shoot only allowed to shoot a certain amount of bb's until it shuts off and the only to make it fire another cycle is to cock the mechanism and the process repeats. And my idea uses percussion caps in the magazine, not gas. The idea is to simulate real battle. Airsoft doesn't have to be as close to real battle as possible but it's just another option.

good point on simulated weapons!

Their should be a good list of what they should do, though it may not be possible to cover them all such as an overheated gun barrel.

Gas blowback action or electronic motorized mechanism of moving parts.

Barrel flash, simulated gun smoke generated.

sound effects of AEG gun fire as it is being fired.

electronic counter in mag that places more realistic limits set to 30 bbs and then automatically requires a resetting for reloading.

some airsoft guns do use revolver round bullet casings and even a few bolt action rifles...maybe more of these too!

did you not read what recon and i said?! this already exists!!! http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Tokyo_Marui_Recoil_Shock_Series_Tokyo_Marui_SCAR_L_Mk_16_Mod_0_Flat_Dark_Earth_Recoil_Shock.htm
That's different from what I wrote. My design uses percussion caps inside the magazine with the gun to be ignited by a pin. The gun uses the percussion cap's energy to fire the bb at a high speed. The bolt mechanism is blown back electronically creating a felt kick. When there are no more percussion caps, the gun stops firing and a slip of percussion caps are inserted in the magazine in order to keep firing. This mimicks the action of reloading a magazine without having to use a real magazine thus retaining the use of hi-caps while making the action more realistic along with the sound from the percussion caps and the flash/recoil created by the caps adding to the realism.

If you have ever seen an m4 mag (Duh), then you'll see that in the back, there is a thin strip of metal that has no use other than aesthetics and realism. I wish to use that slip of metal as a holder of the percussion cap slips. This could limit the user to a certain amount of shots until he rounds out of caps. At which he must take out the clip that holds the caps and put a new one in. The open bolt will release thus allowing the gun to cycle again. It is electric since it uses an electronic blowback mechanism to fire the pin and cycle the gun. The percussion caps are detonated to launch the bb as well as make a flash, sound, and smoke effect. The dust cover will actually be used to ventilate the smoke from the caps so that the gun doesn't get clogged up. The dust cover reveals the internals which unlike aegs don't show some gold tube anda hop up. It shows the real looking bolt which opens nd closes to vent the smoke from the caps. This is just an idea I made up one night thinking how this could be reasonably more realistic. Tell me what you think
i get what you mean however it just seems to impractical for regular use at an airsoft event.
my G&P WOC GBBR M4 is one of the most realisitic guns in airsoft, along with other GBBRs. the bolt kicks back after i pull the trigger it also locks back after im out of ammo, the bolt catch releases it, etc. and its expensive to upkeep. the mags alone are $50. the gun ur describing is basically a GBBR with more moving parts for special effect. i dont see a truely practical application of this in airsoft. plus GBBR use propane so with a cap on it u have a hand grenade lol
My design is made to use a regular hi cap except with the back gutted out to fit a slipof percussion caps that are used as ammo. Realism doesn't have to be practical as I said earlier. Airsoft doesn't have to be as close to real battle as possible but it should be an open option to someone who would like the feeling of being closer to the real thing. Percussion cap airsoft guns like hybrid guns despite cost are also much more powerful than aeg.

Make a prototype model of this gun and I'll be sold.

Your design seems fine, but just like Pandemonium said, the GBBR seems like a simpler system, the design your describing seems like too much work. A GBBR has much more realism than anything else, and if you want to get as close as possible to the real thing, you can't beat the recoil and added realism that GBBR's have.

Also, real steel guns don't have normal high capacity magazines (i.e normal m4 mag; not a 'c' or 't' mag) so that's another thing to consider if you wanna be as close to realism as possible.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 pm

RecoN wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Panziekiller wrote:
you basicly described a gas blowback the mags only hold 30 or so and you have to pull the hammer or the slide back to have it shoot again
No. The gun is programmed to shoot only allowed to shoot a certain amount of bb's until it shuts off and the only to make it fire another cycle is to cock the mechanism and the process repeats. And my idea uses percussion caps in the magazine, not gas. The idea is to simulate real battle. Airsoft doesn't have to be as close to real battle as possible but it's just another option.

Their should be a good list of what they should do, though it may not be possible to cover them all such as an overheated gun barrel.

electronic counter in mag that places more realistic limits set to 30 bbs and then automatically requires a resetting for reloading.

some airsoft guns do use revolver round bullet casings and even a few bolt action rifles...maybe more of these too!

did you not read what recon and i said?! this already exists!!! http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Tokyo_Marui_Recoil_Shock_Series_Tokyo_Marui_SCAR_L_Mk_16_Mod_0_Flat_Dark_Earth_Recoil_Shock.htm
That's different from what I wrote. My design uses percussion caps inside the magazine with the gun to be ignited by a pin. The gun uses the percussion cap's energy to fire the bb at a high speed. The bolt mechanism is blown back electronically creating a felt kick. When there are no more percussion caps, the gun stops firing and a slip of percussion caps are inserted in the magazine in order to keep firing. This mimicks the action of reloading a magazine without having to use a real magazine thus retaining the use of hi-caps while making the action more realistic along with the sound from the percussion caps and the flash/recoil created by the caps adding to the realism.

If you have ever seen an m4 mag (Duh), then you'll see that in the back, there is a thin strip of metal that has no use other than aesthetics and realism. I wish to use that slip of metal as a holder of the percussion cap slips. This could limit the user to a certain amount of shots until he rounds out of caps. At which he must take out the clip that holds the caps and put a new one in. The open bolt will release thus allowing the gun to cycle again. It is electric since it uses an electronic blowback mechanism to fire the pin and cycle the gun. The percussion caps are detonated to launch the bb as well as make a flash, sound, and smoke effect. The dust cover will actually be used to ventilate the smoke from the caps so that the gun doesn't get clogged up. The dust cover reveals the internals which unlike aegs don't show some gold tube anda hop up. It shows the real looking bolt which opens nd closes to vent the smoke from the caps. This is just an idea I made up one night thinking how this could be reasonably more realistic. Tell me what you think
i get what you mean however it just seems to impractical for regular use at an airsoft event.
my G&P WOC GBBR M4 is one of the most realisitic guns in airsoft, along with other GBBRs. the bolt kicks back after i pull the trigger it also locks back after im out of ammo, the bolt catch releases it, etc. and its expensive to upkeep. the mags alone are $50. the gun ur describing is basically a GBBR with more moving parts for special effect. i dont see a truely practical application of this in airsoft. plus GBBR use propane so with a cap on it u have a hand grenade lol
My design is made to use a regular hi cap except with the back gutted out to fit a slipof percussion caps that are used as ammo. Realism doesn't have to be practical as I said earlier. Airsoft doesn't have to be as close to real battle as possible but it should be an open option to someone who would like the feeling of being closer to the real thing. Percussion cap airsoft guns like hybrid guns despite cost are also much more powerful than aeg.

Your design seems fine, but just like Pandemonium said, the GBBR seems like a simpler system, the design your describing seems like too much work. A GBBR has much more realism than anything else, and if you want to get as close as possible to the real thing, you can't beat the recoil and added realism that GBBR's have.

Also, real steel guns don't have normal high capacity magazines (i.e normal m4 mag; not a 'c' or 't' mag) so that's another thing to consider if you wanna be as close to realism as possible.
i have seen a paintball M4 that does shell ejections, thats realistic lol

Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
RecoN wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Panziekiller wrote:

They call those hybrid guns and yes they are realistic. But they cost at least $500

"Even in death there is no command but Mine"
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:20 pm

crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
RecoN wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Panziekiller wrote:

They call those hybrid guns and yes they are realistic. But they cost at least $500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgltmZ44XVQ

Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:44 am

Pandemonium wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
RecoN wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Panziekiller wrote:

That's close but a hybrid gun uses small amounts of gunpowder like a cap gun and a bb inside a cartridge. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmD5XBPzops

Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:55 pm

crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
RecoN wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:
crixus044 wrote:
Panziekiller wrote:

That's close but a hybrid gun uses small amounts of gunpowder like a cap gun and a bb inside a cartridge. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmD5XBPzops
if there is anything ive learned form mankind its that if we even think its possible somebody will invent it.

Master Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Like I said before. That's not a hybrid gun. That's a shell ejecting AEG. The hybrid gun uses caps in cartridges for power.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revision of the Forum   

Back to top Go down

Revision of the Forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2