AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Vote_lcapAre Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Voting_barAre Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Vote_lcapAre Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Voting_barAre Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Empty
PostSubject: Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?   Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:20 pm

My first real competitive airsoft gun (to be used in battle) was a UTG M324s. I quickly moved on to my primary aeg because the gun basically had no upgrades. However, I really wanted to snipe and came to a realization:

The only real field that is open and is large enough to snipe in, is the foxhole.

Many new players today are tempted into buying a spring airsoft sniper rifle because of the cost and the marketing for the guns. Although, most of the fields everyone plays in are more-so focused on close quarters and short-field engagements, so snipers like those aren't really needed.

My question is, do you think having a sniper in south florida is as much of a contribution to the team as a man with a carbine/smg?

I think yes and no; yes because in the hands of a skilled player, they can be essential; and no, because most of the fields people regularly visit are CQB/short-field based.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Ghost95
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?   Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Answer: Quick Scope LOL!
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?   Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:09 pm

RecoN wrote:
My first real competitive airsoft gun (to be used in battle) was a UTG M324s. I quickly moved on to my primary aeg because the gun basically had no upgrades. However, I really wanted to snipe and came to a realization:

The only real field that is open and is large enough to snipe in, is the foxhole.

Many new players today are tempted into buying a spring airsoft sniper rifle because of the cost and the marketing for the guns. Although, most of the fields everyone plays in are more-so focused on close quarters and short-field engagements, so snipers like those aren't really needed.

My question is, do you think having a sniper in south florida is as much of a contribution to the team as a man with a carbine/smg?

I think yes and no; yes because in the hands of a skilled player, they can be essential; and no, because most of the fields people regularly visit are CQB/short-field based.

Thoughts?
only for sniper rifles. if you carry a spring m16 im going to laugh at you lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
GioZ00
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GioZ00

PostSubject: Re: Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?   Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:21 pm

To the OP: Not entirely true. At Matrix and Battle Town, you can be an effective sniper in areas with long sightlines, e.g. the "no man's land" path that intersects the field at Matrix or the Avocado field rows at Battle Town.

Whether it is as valuable as a player with a carbine or SMG, thats always based on the skill of the player. I've seen some snipers that could probably take down3 players within 10 feet of each other and none will be aware or the sniper's location. Likewise, I've seen kids wielding L96s and think they are "1337sniperz" adn wont get anything remotely close to a kill an entire day.

Other problems for the spring sniper loom in the honor of the target hit, and the power of the shot. Sometimes, people don't notice getting hit by a quiet, single round on their gear, and sometimes you do have a cheater that justr won't call it, telling themselves that its just one shot and no one will notice. Which is why DMR platforms are so popular and way more effective in airsoft: a follow up shot is easy with a semi rifle and requires little to no movement on the sniper's part, and enables for a "fire for effect" volley of rounds that is only possible with a high capacity magazine and semi automatic fire.

The only major plus I can really see with a spring sniper is the lack of noise they make and lack of many moving parts. You can tag a guy with one without his buddies next to him noticing or able to pinpoint a shot location. When I had a spring sniper rifle (for a very short time, but thats besides the point), I used it more as a silent weapon than an actual sniper rifle, and it worked well in this regard. Mind you, this takes patience for a shot and good shot placement, as many of these rifles have high FPS, so a shot to a non-painful area or to kit was a must. As for scopes, in this case it wasn't really necessary...
Back to top Go down
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

PostSubject: Re: Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?   Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 pm

GioZ00 wrote:
To the OP: Not entirely true. At Matrix and Battle Town, you can be an effective sniper in areas with long sightlines, e.g. the "no man's land" path that intersects the field at Matrix or the Avocado field rows at Battle Town.

Whether it is as valuable as a player with a carbine or SMG, thats always based on the skill of the player. I've seen some snipers that could probably take down3 players within 10 feet of each other and none will be aware or the sniper's location. Likewise, I've seen kids wielding L96s and think they are "1337sniperz" adn wont get anything remotely close to a kill an entire day.

Other problems for the spring sniper loom in the honor of the target hit, and the power of the shot. Sometimes, people don't notice getting hit by a quiet, single round on their gear, and sometimes you do have a cheater that justr won't call it, telling themselves that its just one shot and no one will notice. Which is why DMR platforms are so popular and way more effective in airsoft: a follow up shot is easy with a semi rifle and requires little to no movement on the sniper's part, and enables for a "fire for effect" volley of rounds that is only possible with a high capacity magazine and semi automatic fire.

The only major plus I can really see with a spring sniper is the lack of noise they make and lack of many moving parts. You can tag a guy with one without his buddies next to him noticing or able to pinpoint a shot location. When I had a spring sniper rifle (for a very short time, but thats besides the point), I used it more as a silent weapon than an actual sniper rifle, and it worked well in this regard. Mind you, this takes patience for a shot and good shot placement, as many of these rifles have high FPS, so a shot to a non-painful area or to kit was a must. As for scopes, in this case it wasn't really necessary...

I'm aware of those sightlines, I myself have been out-sniped in Matrix's center line-of-sight.

And true, it really depends on the skill of the play; I should've mentioned that;

when I wrote this, I was thinking in the mind of a new player who thinks they have an amazing sniper platform and can outsnipe most people (in reality they are less of a help then a skill minded AEG player)
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?   Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:10 pm

Spring loads are only good in general if everyone else is using them.

You must move up to AEGs if everyone else is able to outmode your firepower!

Sniper action has its day but it is really the skill of the sniper and the locations that determine a good hunt....It would be extra interesting to see a game in which everyone was playing as a sniper and I'm sure it would probablly be a long game!

AEG snipers are interesting when used in games, but may prove useless in a CQB situation, I think its not nice to shoot those at a person up close, pull out the pistol or bang out...those things can easily knock out teeth!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?   Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Spring Rifles Really Worth It?
Page 1 of 1