AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
South Florida CQB discussion thread Vote_lcapSouth Florida CQB discussion thread Voting_barSouth Florida CQB discussion thread Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
South Florida CQB discussion thread Vote_lcapSouth Florida CQB discussion thread Voting_barSouth Florida CQB discussion thread Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

South Florida CQB discussion thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
South Florida CQB
Private 1st class

South Florida CQB discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: South Florida CQB discussion thread   South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Hello Airsofters:

This thread is to discuss issues, concerns, ideas and all other issues with current or proposed CQB Fields in the South Florida Area.

All imput is appreciated and if you have the time to take a small survey to help a field open please go here CQB Field Survey

Thanks

South Florida CQB
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: South Florida CQB discussion thread   South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:02 pm

I tried my best to remove my post over there... here it was...

Is it OK to engage in dialog in this thread? because i do want to comment on what you wrote....and i don't think it will bother those who are completing their survey...

Do you happen by chance be "Miami Airsoft"? they also had a future CQB plan...

I want to start of by saying the survey is an extremely good idea, this forum is basically the only forum for all airsoft in miami, most people who play in miami, have an account here. You will be getting realistic feedback by your future customers here.

I understand the 300 fps limit now, its important to have the insurance correct and a two story building would be great, but i don't think people would appreciate it as much as a higher FPS tolerance.

Problem is ALL guns come stock at 330-360 (respectable brands, G&G, etc) the chinese clones are even worse, 400+... and these are the guns most people have, i don't think they will know how to change their springs...

This, however, can also be a business opportunity, i saw there is a proposed proshop, it can have a gun guru/ technician, and he can do the proper modifications.

The full face mask is smart and should be enforced for children even if the insurance company doesn't give a reduction for it. Its good to have, to avoid problems.

Also, this is an expensive investment, and the customers should get charged a respectable amount, the market is there, people would come... i will be more than happy paying 20$ for a full weekend day... I want this to work.

This is a great model to base the rules on: http://www.taccityairsoft.com/rules.htm
(i suppose you already read this, but for anyone else)

I really like the gun bag rule, the muzzle sleeve, etc.. it will prevent the problems california currently has.
Back to top Go down
South Florida CQB
Private 1st class

PostSubject: Re: South Florida CQB discussion thread   South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Thank you Landa for posting this in the discussion forum.

To have a profitable airsoft field a proshop is needed to provide for the players as well to supplement the income of the field.

One proposed idea is to provide a rental gun to anyone who wants to get their aeg converted to the proper FPS limit while they play. This idea is one of many to improve the overall experience a player gets while at the field.

Example: Jon just bought a aeg online and wishes to play at the field, when he shows up his aeg is put through the chrono and comes up shooting 380 FPS. Jon is then told he cannot use his aeg, but is offered a spring change to make his aeg shoot withen the allowed limits. Jon pays for a spring change and is told he can get a rental gun to play while his spring is changed and all he needs to pay for is the store ammo (all rental guns must use the stores ammo). Jon plays two matches and while in the staging area is told that his aeg is finished. Jon is given his aeg back and continues to enjoy a great day of airsofting.

Current quotes on the insurance are for under 18 must wear full face protection and adults must wear eye protection. If a minor wishes to wear a army of two style mask he will have to wear full seal goggles underneath, but adults may wear shooting glasses underneath them.

In all reality the proposed rule set is based more on Manasassas VA CQB Rules. Unlike CQB City this field will have far more CQB areas and less dead open space. If you look up CQB City's Floor Map you will see many open/unused areas that people run right through on their videos. This field is meant to have a minimum of waste so that the dead space is the hallways and other open areas in between structures and will result in a area filled with more useable play area.

South Florida CQB
Back to top Go down
Landa
Corporal
Corporal
Landa

PostSubject: Re: South Florida CQB discussion thread   South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:11 pm

The free rental gun idea is great!

Also, we have enough "unused areas" in our current fields here, if we get a CQB place, it better be full on CQB Very Happy

One thing is unclear, can adults wear shooting glass without an army of two mask? or does it have to be full seal? you wrote "eye protection" (adults should wear full seal too, I'm gonna be an adult soon, so I'm asking)

So with the 300 fps limit, there won't be a minimum engagement distance?

What about gas blowbacks? miami is a hot area, so my m9 usually chronos at 350ish....

One last thing, is South Florida CQB, Miami CQB?

Now that i understand how the insure works, the field should have the 300 fps minimum and only one floor... once the business becomes profitable and all the starting expenses are payed off, we can ad second floors...
Back to top Go down
South Florida CQB
Private 1st class

PostSubject: Re: South Florida CQB discussion thread   South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Adult players would be required to wear full seal, or shooting glassed under a army of two style mask.

There will be no minumum engagement distance from the front, but if you surprise someone from behind you must make them surrender.

Pistols will be fine as mainly only co2 pistols shoot higher than around the 350fps mark and will need to pass a chrono check. Full auto pistols will be allowed if they are shooting in the 300fps range.

No we are not connected to Miamiairsoft. They actually had planned to rent a building but the owner went into forclosure on the property, this can be expected in todays market unless you own the building yourself.

It would be cheaper in the long run to have the proshop, range, staging area, lounge and two story structures to be completed before opening. Having them built by a liscenced contractor saves alot on the insurance as well.

South Florida CQB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Florida CQB discussion thread   South Florida CQB discussion thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Florida CQB discussion thread
Page 1 of 1