AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Vote_lcapGoing to make my first purchase what gun/company  Voting_barGoing to make my first purchase what gun/company  Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Vote_lcapGoing to make my first purchase what gun/company  Voting_barGoing to make my first purchase what gun/company  Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Going to make my first purchase what gun/company

Go down 
+5
Xero Ryuu
EAGLE
DEVIN
Slayerfanx55
Goatee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Goatee
Corporal
Corporal
Goatee

Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Empty
PostSubject: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:27 pm

I played my first game at PB Field we had to cut it short due to the weather, but fell in love with the game an want to get my own gun.
Whats a good reliable gun that can be used straight out of the box an is able to be upgrade later down the road. Will appreciate any input thank you
Back to top Go down
Slayerfanx55
Corporal
Corporal
Slayerfanx55

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 pm

What do you like? CQB? Assult? Sniping?

And as far as brands go, you can't go wrong with G&G. They're pretty affordable for their quality.
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Get a G&P m16 they shoot great out of the box and there guns are the most realistic u can get.Look on evike.
Back to top Go down
Goatee
Corporal
Corporal
Goatee

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:01 pm

305PB wrote:
Im not into sniping so thats for sure i was looking at these

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=280_282&products_id=8268

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=280_282&products_id=7284

not sure open to suggestion

get a G&G top tech there 300 bucks instead of 400 bucks online get them at the

PAINTBALL SHOP
3955 Southwest 137th Avenue, Miami, FL 33175

ask for Streets he can hook you up with a price hope it helps Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Xero Ryuu
Sergeant
Sergeant
Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:01 pm

This is your first purchase, so ignore everyone else. You don't need to drop $400 on a gun that's going to do the same shit as something for half the price. Many of them may take offense here, but they're just younger kids who fall into the "brand name" hype and spend outrageous amounts of money for their product because it is supposedly "better"

Save yourself some money and buy yourself a lower priced gun like what you have been looking at. Combat Machine is great, as are other companies like Echo 1. Don't forget, with any Combat Machine gun, that the battery and battery charger is NOT included, so you will have to make sure to purchase one of those too.
battery: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3360
charger: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=193
I see you picked a standard length M4, but also look at their shorter 10" barrel version. I would personally advise it over the standard for mobility reasons, and slightly better balance weight wise. It makes for a easier carry on long game days. You'll thank me later
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7966
remember, you still need eye protection, some gear, and bb's. so saving money on the gun will help you with other expenses.
Also, when you proceed to complete your purchase on Airsoft GI, enter the coupon code "50ktv" to receive 13% off you order, on top of having free shipping over $100
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Xero Ryuu wrote:
This is your first purchase, so ignore everyone else. You don't need to drop $400 on a gun that's going to do the same shit as something for half the price. Many of them may take offense here, but they're just younger kids who fall into the "brand name" hype and spend outrageous amounts of money for their product because it is supposedly "better"

Save yourself some money and buy yourself a lower priced gun like what you have been looking at. Combat Machine is great, as are other companies like Echo 1. Don't forget, with any Combat Machine gun, that the battery and battery charger is NOT included, so you will have to make sure to purchase one of those too.
battery: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3360
charger: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=193
I see you picked a standard length M4, but also look at their shorter 10" barrel version. I would personally advise it over the standard for mobility reasons, and slightly better balance weight wise. It makes for a easier carry on long game days. You'll thank me later
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=7966
remember, you still need eye protection, some gear, and bb's. so saving money on the gun will help you with other expenses.
Also, when you proceed to complete your purchase on Airsoft GI, enter the coupon code "50ktv" to receive 13% off you order, on top of having free shipping over $100

buying store is better you get to feel the gun and hold it and they hook you up with good prices at store and i don't fall into brand names i got the top tech because it has many cool features and awesome internals with 2 year warranty seriously 2 years of warranty ?? its worth it for 300 bucks
Back to top Go down
Xero Ryuu
Sergeant
Sergeant
Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 pm

EAGLE wrote:
buying store is better you get to feel the gun and hold it and they hook you up with good prices at store and i don't fall into brand names i got the top tech because it has many cool features and awesome internals with 2 year warranty seriously 2 years of warranty ?? its worth it for 300 bucks
Two years of limited warranty, covering only certain things. I have been screwing with guns for years, and nearly all of the time you will never need the warranty, with any gun. Why? Because nearly all damaged caused to airsoft guns occur through user error. Warranty doesn't cover that, therefore it is pointless. Usually only people with lots of experience with airsoft guns will maintain them within warranty restrictions; then again people that experienced usually build their own guns to suit their specific needs and do their own maintenance, so they save the money they would have spent on some overpriced crap with warranty and then do the work themselves with the parts they want.
buying at a store isn't ALWAYS better. If you are looking for parts then yes, it usually is, especially when you are concerned with compatibility. Guns however are different; as if you are already familiar with a gun, you can get one of the same design knowing what you are getting already. Not sure what you want, or what fits you most comfortably? Easy, go to a gun show. There you can find a collection of different real steel guns that you can pick up and hold to see what you like and what is comfortable. The weight may not be the same, but size specifications are nearly identical so you can be confident you will be pleased with what you order.
Back to top Go down
Goatee
Corporal
Corporal
Goatee

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks Xero Ryuu I'm going to definitely go that route, EAGLE what stores have what im looking for PB Matrix has ECHO1 no other company an no Combat Machine M4
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 pm

if you want a compact gun especially for a beginner, id STRONGLY reccomend a jg g36c

one of the most reliable guns ive ever owned, and after 6 years of playing airsoft id reccomend it to anyone.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_222&products_id=27598

still use one and it only needs a tightbore, bucking and nub upgrade to outshoot many guns on the field

plus, its not an m4 Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Xero Ryuu
Sergeant
Sergeant
Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Jester wrote:
if you want a compact gun especially for a beginner, id STRONGLY reccomend a jg g36c

one of the most reliable guns ive ever owned, and after 6 years of playing airsoft id reccomend it to anyone.

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_222&products_id=27598

still use one and it only needs a tightbore, bucking and nub upgrade to outshoot many guns on the field

plus, its not an m4 Thumbs up
jg g36c... needs tightbore bucking and nub... wait, that sounds familiar! lol
but yes what Jester just said is very true, the internals of the g36's (more specifically the gearbox is a version 3) are known to be much more reliable. MUCH more reliable.
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

yup
and for that price g36's are amazing

oh and buy online, youll get things alot cheaper if you dont mind waiting a week for it
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Jester wrote:
yup

oh and buy online, youll get things alot cheaper if you dont mind waiting a week for it

the jg also needs a reshim and regrease job !!!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Joker
Sergeant
Sergeant
Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Jester wrote:
yup

if you order of evike it really 3 days well for me. and evikerock06 or something like that is a 16% of code
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:30 pm

EAGLE wrote:
Jester wrote:
yup

the jg also needs a reshim and regrease job !!!

lmao the g36 does not. plus the reshim and regrease wont take the gun and make it shoot 40 times better
hell you wont even see performance increase with it, its just to make the parts live longer, in which case by the time you DO a reshim and regrease you might as well upgrade everything else
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:32 pm

if you reshim it the gun has a more crisp sound than grindy sound and its ten times better to get rid of that nasty shit grease out of gearbox lol
Back to top Go down
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Personally I would just get a G&P for 250 and not have to do anything to it and still outrange any gun under 300 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Goatee
Corporal
Corporal
Goatee

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Well I really appreciate all the input. I'm going to go ahead an order the G&G combat M4 for one second it goes with the theme im after. plus everything on youtube and other searches I've done recommend the G&G
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 pm

305PB wrote:
Well I really appreciate all the input. I'm going to go ahead an order the G&G combat M4 for one second it goes with the theme im after. plus everything on youtube and other searches I've done recommend the G&G

G&P is also good get that repo is right i had a G&P and its was awesome !!!
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 pm

G&G FTW
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 pm

DrDo0MxPHD wrote:
G&G FTW

there sportsline are ok but seriously G&P beats the fuck out of their sportsline my G&G top tech is fucking amazing loving it all the way
Back to top Go down
Xero Ryuu
Sergeant
Sergeant
Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:34 pm

305PB wrote:
You are welcome. Since you are local i can assist with upgrades, tuning, and semi-annual maintenance when that time comes. (i usually do a complete diagnosis every 6 months to make sure everything is running fine and to make sure no parts are going through premature wear that could cause failure in the short term.)
Back to top Go down
Goatee
Corporal
Corporal
Goatee

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:24 pm

For sure, thanks again Xero Ryuu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to make my first purchase what gun/company    Going to make my first purchase what gun/company  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to make my first purchase what gun/company
Page 1 of 1