AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Advice on a new gun Vote_lcapAdvice on a new gun Voting_barAdvice on a new gun Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Advice on a new gun Vote_lcapAdvice on a new gun Voting_barAdvice on a new gun Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Advice on a new gun

Go down 
+4
Louis
Jester
EAGLE
xTwiiisteDx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

Advice on a new gun Empty
PostSubject: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 am

I was looking for another gun and i have always liked ACR's. I have seen Scars perform well but don't know much about them. I want a gun that has decent to excellent fps and has a very good range. Anyone has an advice for me?

ACR that I like:
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=33250

I dont know the difference of these Scars:
1. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=36554

2. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=34567

Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/hottito/beastairsoft
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 am

1 scar is a Gas blow back rifle and the other is AEG but don't get that one cause G&G sucks get the VFC scar off Airsoft Gi cause its the same price and so much better Literally and that Masada is pretty good ten times better vs the A&K which is crap .......
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:32 am

I found these 2 also:

1. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=33324

2. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=37351

Thanks Eagle ill look at that one. Which one is better VFC? or Masada?
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:12 am

get the a&k, several of my teammates have one as well as myself and they perform very well, the only thing i see that needs upgrades immediately are the hop up and barrel, basically same process as the g36c, new bucking, new nub, and new barrel and the gun will shoot amazingly.

as for what brand scar to get, they are both very good quality. it just comes down to preference.. i think G&G is the one that has the licensing for the trades.

although you dont really need to get those expensive scars, get the dboys scar, pull those same hop up and barrel upgrades and maybe look into a piston piston head upgrade and youre set, youll have amazing performance for a fraction of the price.
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:09 am

ok so the A&K licensed masada, i like that one. As for upgrades i will get the same as the g36. But i was thinking of buying a better motor and spring. Should i even do this? I want to have lipo because i herd it was really good? But for lipo you have to have a good motor? If i upgrade the motor and spring, do i have to upgrade the gears, piston, cylinder & head, & bushings?
Back to top Go down
Louis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Louis

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 am

I personally have just gotten the Dboys Scar-L Enhanced Version. It has a 6.04 tightbore from the factory and I'm gonna get a new bucking, nub, and much much later, a new barrel. This gun will easily hit you from 150 feet away with .25g bbs. It needs heavier bbs to fly far. FPS with .25g's was 365 last time at PB Matrix. With all my upgrades, I can imagine it being accurate at about 200 feet. It's an amazing gun, and for the price you can't beat it because it only needs such minor upgrades. By the way it has a Version 2 gearbox *same as an M4* and most internal parts are all M4 parts. Not much else you need to know. Hopup is the only SCAR piece you'll need to find, but it's not that hard.
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:21 am

Where did you find the Dboys Scar?
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:02 pm

for the a&k masada, the stock rof is kind of slow. i popped in a matrix turbo motor and a 9.6 battery and it immediately ripped ass, the spring is set at a nice fps already, so no need to swap out the spring.

@louis, it doesnt need the heavier bbs to fly farther. when i had my scar all i had where those barrel upgrades and with .20s i could easily achieve 200 ft in a nice spread. sure those heavier bbs would have made a tighter grouping, but im never going to realistically engage a target from over 200 ft and expect them to call it
Back to top Go down
warhippie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
warhippie

PostSubject: Try a Bullpup   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Check out ehobbyasia.com for SCARS they have all the MKs both H and L. They also have enough Magpul Masada variants to make you lose your mind.

If you want versetility check out the G&G Fn2000 i have one myself and its easily one of the most adaptable guns on the markets since it has the adjustable fps. Ridiculousy ergonomic as well. My friend owns the A&K Masada and his main complaint is the magazine release is ridiculously huge if you hold it by the magwell you will drop your mags everywhere. I highly recommend checking out a bullpup gun like and L85A2 or The FN2000 twice the barrel length for half the size, and incredibly ergonomic, especially if youre left handed. It may take some getting used to but believe theyre alot more bang for your buck IMO.
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Hey jester would a high torque motor be too much? Also if I do install a high torque will it require high torque gears? If so are 13:1 the right ones?
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:10 pm

I am not a fan of the look the fn2000 has. Sad I just don't like the structure.
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Vagabond

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:16 pm

A Matrix High Torque motor is $45. Also as for whether you want a SCAR I believe either G&G or VFC are both great brands to go to. I think you should make the decision yourself which one you want and not go by what someone else says. Me personally I lean towards the VFC. And if you want a Masada go for the Magpul brand not the A&K. Not to say A&K is bad I myself just lean towards the Masada made by Magpul themselves.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Joker
Sergeant
Sergeant
Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 pm

EAGLE wrote:
1 scar is a Gas blow back rifle and the other is AEG but don't get that one cause G&G sucks get the VFC scar off Airsoft Gi cause its the same price and so much better Literally and that Masada is pretty good ten times better vs the A&K which is crap .......
G&G scars are really good, not as good as a VFC
Back to top Go down
Louis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Louis

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 pm

xTwiiisteDx wrote:
Where did you find the Dboys Scar?

I had gotten it off Airsoft Mega Store during the black friday sale for an amazing deal.
Newest and best deal for tan:
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/DBoys_CUSTOM_Full_Metal_M4_TDW_DESERT_STORM_p/gun-custom-15.htm

for Black:
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/DBoys_CUSTOM_Full_Metal_M4_TDW_NIGHT_HAWK_p/gun-custom-16.htm

Both are retailed around $400 with all the accessories and the gun, on sale for $245 with battery, charger, and free shipping. Also comes with red/green dot scope which is pretty nice, a 2-point tactical sling, and a foregrip with flashlight. I'd definitely reccomend that no doubt in my mind.

Last edited by Louis on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Louis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Louis

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Jester wrote:
for the a&k masada, the stock rof is kind of slow. i popped in a matrix turbo motor and a 9.6 battery and it immediately ripped ass, the spring is set at a nice fps already, so no need to swap out the spring.

@louis, it doesnt need the heavier bbs to fly farther. when i had my scar all i had where those barrel upgrades and with .20s i could easily achieve 200 ft in a nice spread. sure those heavier bbs would have made a tighter grouping, but im never going to realistically engage a target from over 200 ft and expect them to call it

Well the heavier bb gives it more mass and more momentum thus causing it to fly a little further. Im getting a tightbore very soon now and I did mean that it would have a tighter spread. Sorry If i wasnt very clear. I was rushing in the morning.
Back to top Go down
andre5.56nato
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
andre5.56nato

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:10 am

i recently got an echo1 scar H http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_215&products_id=34721. awesome gun i recomend it! comes with 2 mags, plus holy cow deal on evike and for 5 bucks u can get 2 extra mags
Back to top Go down
xTwiiisteDx
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
xTwiiisteDx

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:41 am

yea so far i'm liking the masada because the barrel looks longer. It looks nicer to me. And what exactly is the Dboys? I do like the Echo 1 it looked nice.
Back to top Go down
Louis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Louis

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 am

xTwiiisteDx wrote:
yea so far i'm liking the masada because the barrel looks longer. It looks nicer to me. And what exactly is the Dboys? I do like the Echo 1 it looked nice.

Echo1 is the EXACT SAME gun as the Dboys. It's made in the EXACT same factory. Only difference is that the Echo1 has markings on the side. This can be proven and an easy way to tell is get each side by side or pictures and look for any differences. You won't find any. Buying the Echo1 means you're just paying for a name...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on a new gun   Advice on a new gun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice on a new gun
Page 1 of 1