AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Cutting an inner barrel? Vote_lcapCutting an inner barrel? Voting_barCutting an inner barrel? Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Cutting an inner barrel? Vote_lcapCutting an inner barrel? Voting_barCutting an inner barrel? Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Cutting an inner barrel?

Go down 
+3
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
RecoN
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

Cutting an inner barrel? Empty
PostSubject: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:28 pm

I have a M4 that has a convertible barrel. What I want to do is shorten the length a bit.

So, is it safe to properly cut an inner barrel a few inches? I know that they're made with a sort of funnel tunneling the air out, so I'm not too sure on this.

If anyone has a bit of insight, or has done this themselves with no problems (i.e shortages of range), any reply is appreciated. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TANK
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TANK

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:00 pm

if i remember well it should be ok but some brands of barrels you cant cuase they are made diffrently
Back to top Go down
Rogue Echo 1
First Sergeant
Rogue Echo 1

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm

yes most barrels can be cut as long as they are cut quickly, evenly. also make sure to replace the cylinder with an appropiate size to make sure you don't see a reduction in FPS
Back to top Go down
TANK
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TANK

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Rogue Echo 1 wrote:
yes most barrels can be cut as long as they are cut quickly, evenly. also make sure to replace the cylinder with an appropiate size to make sure you don't see a reduction in FPS

that happened to me i replaced the inner barrel and my fps lowered a LOT so i had to change out the cylinder
Back to top Go down
e46hoodrich
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
e46hoodrich

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:50 am

RecoN wrote:
I have a M4 that has a convertible barrel. What I want to do is shorten the length a bit.

So, is it safe to properly cut an inner barrel a few inches? I know that they're made with a sort of funnel tunneling the air out, so I'm not too sure on this.

If anyone has a bit of insight, or has done this themselves with no problems (i.e shortages of range), any reply is appreciated. Thanks.

You cant just cut the inner barrel and call it a day. Do not listen to people that dont know what they are talking about, also dont let your friends work on ur gun. They might do it for free or cheap, but 9 times out of 10 they dont know wtf they doing or talking about.

The speed on how fast you cut the barrel has absolutely nothing to do with cutting a barrel. It dont matter if its even cuz you still need to file it down.

If you think by just cutting a barrel ur done, your wrong. And for all those who told him yes.they are wrong too.

The bbs would not come out the barrel properlly and can cause jams if you just cut and not re-crown the end.

A simple search on google you get this. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=cutting%20inner%20barrel%20airsoft&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDwQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DoqcG7Raz6ec&ei=Ct1JUOvuHYrK9gTS04DYBw&usg=AFQjCNE8heplPcryrEO9vOL5KDx6Rb8yVw

Dnt take this the wrong way. But sometimes its easier to search and get your information on your own. Taking advice from someone that dont really know could have fucked up your gun, jammed it up,strip a piston,etc.

Miami airsoft can cut the inner barrel proffesionaly and they way its supposed to be done for $25
Back to top Go down
Rogue Echo 1
First Sergeant
Rogue Echo 1

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:02 am

ah, thanks for the heads up. I cut down an m4 length barrel for my p90, a 6.03mm and I guess I just got lucky, well over 5000 rds through, no problem.
Back to top Go down
Streets
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Streets

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:04 pm

i cut my barrels.. there fine...... dremel! doom... Twisted Evil Protec streets!! lmao
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=46667&id=1904193610021
Louis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Louis

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm

e46hoodrich wrote:
RecoN wrote:

You cant just cut the inner barrel and call it a day. Do not listen to people that dont know what they are talking about, also dont let your friends work on ur gun. They might do it for free or cheap, but 9 times out of 10 they dont know wtf they doing or talking about.

The speed on how fast you cut the barrel has absolutely nothing to do with cutting a barrel. It dont matter if its even cuz you still need to file it down.

If you think by just cutting a barrel ur done, your wrong. And for all those who told him yes.they are wrong too.

The bbs would not come out the barrel properlly and can cause jams if you just cut and not re-crown the end.

A simple search on google you get this. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=cutting%20inner%20barrel%20airsoft&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDwQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DoqcG7Raz6ec&ei=Ct1JUOvuHYrK9gTS04DYBw&usg=AFQjCNE8heplPcryrEO9vOL5KDx6Rb8yVw

Dnt take this the wrong way. But sometimes its easier to search and get your information on your own. Taking advice from someone that dont really know could have fucked up your gun, jammed it up,strip a piston,etc.

Miami airsoft can cut the inner barrel proffesionaly and they way its supposed to be done for $25

Honestly, If it costs 25 dollars to properly cut the barrel at Miami airsoft, I'd just rather buy a new barrel... and I also cut barrels and nothing is wrong with them... In theory there should be but there isnt so listen to the people with the proof such as me, panziekiller, Streets, and Rogue Echo 1... If we have proof and we all do it and nothing wrong happens, there's something wrong with you telling us that we are wrong...
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Streets wrote:
i cut my barrels.. there fine...... dremel! doom... Twisted Evil Protec streets!! lmao
like the rabbi says it wont be long now..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Louis wrote:
e46hoodrich wrote:
RecoN wrote:

Honestly, If it costs 25 dollars to properly cut the barrel at Miami airsoft, I'd just rather buy a new barrel... and I also cut barrels and nothing is wrong with them... In theory there should be but there isnt so listen to the people with the proof such as me, panziekiller, Streets, and Rogue Echo 1... If we have proof and we all do it and nothing wrong happens, there's something wrong with you telling us that we are wrong...

True, might as well trade or buy a new, shorter, tighter barrel.
Back to top Go down
e46hoodrich
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
e46hoodrich

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Louis wrote:
e46hoodrich wrote:
RecoN wrote:

The proof is in the pudding, do a little searching outside of airsoftreserve.net (the smallest airsoft forum in the world). I already posted the video of echo1 tech saying guns come in from warranty with this problem alllll the time.There are techs farrrrrrrrrrr more expirienced then you,panziekiller, streets and rogue echo 1 that do no recomend this! Just cuz you did it and got lucky dont mean its going to happen all the time. And even tought you do it and nothing happens does not mean that is the right way. It is still the wrong way to do it!

You also told me that jg mosfet was the best!!!! Remember? Lmao and i blew that shit up with my high speed setup! 2 different jg mosfets,thats how good they are.lmao So just cuz you say it is the right way, or just cuz you say you do it and nothing happens dont mean i believe you. You could be talking out of ur ass like you did with the mosfet.lol

Last edited by e46hoodrich on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
e46hoodrich
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
e46hoodrich

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Streets wrote:

And im sure you wont complain when something happens!

you use the dremel to do the crowning after you cut?

: Remember guys that you do work on your gun at your own risk, dont come back on this forum blaming someone cuz you fucked up your gun!
Back to top Go down
e46hoodrich
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
e46hoodrich

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:52 pm

You can use this bit on the dremel to do the crowning after you cut

Cutting an inner barrel? 79EB10AA-67A1-4919-B0D9-6B2D15BFF596-588-000000446AA56312
Back to top Go down
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:16 pm

e46hoodrich wrote:

Cutting an inner barrel? 79EB10AA-67A1-4919-B0D9-6B2D15BFF596-588-000000446AA56312

Idk if I own a bit like that for my dremel...

Is there a specific size I need to use?
Back to top Go down
e46hoodrich
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
e46hoodrich

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:52 pm

RecoN wrote:
e46hoodrich wrote:

Idk if I own a bit like that for my dremel...

Is there a specific size I need to use?

Im not sure if that goes on a dremel. But if you get that crowning bit you can do it by hand. It doesnt not need the power of the dremel.

Watch this http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=cutting%20inner%20barrel%20airsoft&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDwQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DoqcG7Raz6ec&ei=Ct1JUOvuHYrK9gTS04DYBw&usg=AFQjCNE8heplPcryrEO9vOL5KDx6Rb8yVw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cutting an inner barrel?   Cutting an inner barrel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cutting an inner barrel?
Page 1 of 1