AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
    May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar
    Top posters
    SandDragon
    Converting From GAS to AEG  Vote_lcapConverting From GAS to AEG  Voting_barConverting From GAS to AEG  Vote_rcap 
    DEVIN
    Converting From GAS to AEG  Vote_lcapConverting From GAS to AEG  Voting_barConverting From GAS to AEG  Vote_rcap 
    Jester
    Pandemonium
    NOBODY
    EAGLE
    Rogue Echo 1
    TANK
    Streets
    SEABEE
    Social bookmarking
    Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Converting From GAS to AEG

Go down 
    +8
    EAGLE
    predator2-58
    devil
    Jester
    Mc_SourMonkey
    Xero Ryuu
    Crazy Joker
    Infadel Cell
    12 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next

best AEG BRand and Rifle for Field & CQB
    what is the best Full Metal AEG Brand?
    Converting From GAS to AEG  Vote_lcap67%Converting From GAS to AEG  Vote_rcap
     67% [ 4 ]
    What is the BEst Full MEtal model for CQB & FIELD?
    Converting From GAS to AEG  Vote_lcap33%Converting From GAS to AEG  Vote_rcap
     33% [ 2 ]
    Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
    Infadel Cell
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal
    Infadel Cell

Converting From GAS to AEG  Empty
    PostSubject: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Hello guyys this is Infidel Cell we are sorry to say but we have found that although gas is fun to shoot we can not keep up with the AEG guys
    we are wanting to switch over to AEG and are looking for sugestions
    i want to know what is the BEST NO HEAD ACHES out of the box BANGER
    hard & Fast .
    i have been told KWA is Good please guys any suggestions ???
    thanks
    Infidel Cell
    Back to top Go down
    Crazy Joker
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:16 pm

get a kwa, g&g or classic army
    Back to top Go down
    Xero Ryuu
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:19 pm

for me its Ares, Echo 1, or Classic Army.
    Back to top Go down
    Crazy Joker
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Xero Ryuu wrote:
    for me its Ares, Echo 1, or Classic Army.
    oh ya i forgot about ares
    Back to top Go down
    Mc_SourMonkey
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant
    Mc_SourMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:39 pm

KWA, Echo 1 Platinum, CA, TM, ARES (even though some are not full metal, the composite is very strong like the TAR-21)

As for the internals, it varies just a bit but all are Very strong. best bang for buck would probably be the Platinum series from echo. Mods are usually easy from there.
    Back to top Go down
    Jester
    Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Jester

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:40 pm

id stay away from kwa......id go for ARES, VFC, classic army and Tokyo Marui
    Back to top Go down
    devil
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    devil

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:51 pm

Jester wrote:
    id stay away from kwa......id go for ARES, VFC, classic army and Tokyo Marui

Thats the route i would go. I have a VFC m4 and it was shooting 418 with 25s at around 22bbs sec.
    Back to top Go down
    predator2-58
    Corporal
    Corporal
    predator2-58

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:59 pm

go either echo 1 for starters of ares for high end. i have 3 echo 1 guns and love them all.
    Back to top Go down
    EAGLE
    First Sergeant
    EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:46 am

No offense but echo 1 SUCKS!!!! u should get a KWA or G&P the only good echo 1 is the echo 1 platnium series from airsoftgi the only reason that one is good is because it has 415 fps and shoots 20 bps with a 9.6 battery 1600 mah battery and the internals are VFC
    Back to top Go down
    Xero Ryuu
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:07 am

PUNISHER wrote:
    No offense but echo 1 SUCKS!!!! u should get a KWA or G&P the only good echo 1 is the echo 1 platnium series from airsoftgi the only reason that one is good is because it has 415 fps and shoots 20 bps with a 9.6 battery 1600 mah battery and the internals are VFC
    Echo 1 sucks?
    ok kid. i put my echo 1 g36c (the first production line g36 from echo 1 at that) through a torture test.. a li-po that drops about 35c's constant and almost 60c's burst, and fired 4 g36 mags constantly, didnt let off the trigger not once. this was with the STOCK internals. opened it up after that... nothing was wrong. it was at 20 bb's a second at 390fps. stock. before that torture test it was used at more than 6 skirmishes with more than 4000 bb's through it.
    Take it from someone who does tech work and often works on guns just to work on them, echo 1 doesnt suck. it has to do with the person taking care of the gun.
    Back to top Go down
    EAGLE
    First Sergeant
    EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:58 am

its my opinion not yours but ECHO 1 SUCKS. its just REBRANDED from JG
    Back to top Go down
    Repo
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Repo

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:18 pm

Echo 1 is just rebranded chinese clones, but sometimes they do minor changes that makes it worth while considering they test guns to make sure they are not duds off the factory line. Sometimes they change out weak bearings (plastic to metal), a bolt or scew that always fails in the chinese brands or sometimes they even reshim the gearbox, but almost always it is not worth the increase in price compared to doing it yourself. They do put a extra few layers on the paintjob (if that really even matters to you).

Saying that a gun is compared to who takes care of it also isn't a valid argument considering most people in airsoft don't do a majority of their own work. Saying "If you know a gearbox inside and out and can give it grade A maintenance it works like a charm" doesn't help people who obviously were using gas guns and don't have the experiance with a gearbox to keep it maintained.

In the end no one brand can be said to be the best bang for your buck because each brand has models that are great/good/bad/horrible. For instance A&K makes pretty great support weapons for the money, but many of their other aegs are prone to failure right out of the box. If you ask for specific aegs that preform great per dollar value you might have some answers that would actually help you make your choice. I would check out larger forums like airsoftforum.com for a larger database of reviews when it comes to finding out which aegs are worthwhile.
    Back to top Go down
    EAGLE
    First Sergeant
    EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Thank you cheers
    Back to top Go down
    mikojones
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal
    mikojones

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:56 pm

would this be considered a good echo 1? Im really considering taking it off a buddy's hands

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3941
    Back to top Go down
    EAGLE
    First Sergeant
    EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 1:01 pm

that ak hurts like fuck and it is good thought thats probally the best one echo makes
    Back to top Go down
    Xero Ryuu
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 1:30 pm

thats a really good AK. i just sent Cell a PM with guns that i researched for him to help him have a good buy. ill post it here just for everyone to see.
    Please note: i found the 6 AEGs based on what he is looking for and what he wants to do with them, and anything he might want to do. He's not looking for a godlike AEG, but something that works well, and runs.
    Back to top Go down
    Xero Ryuu
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Quote :
    ok, i got a total of 6 AEG's. every gun has pro's and con's, ill try to list a few for each. remember asgi has free shipping over $100 and the 10% off when you enter the coupon code for 10% off.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1974
    Echo 1 G36c. this is also the newest/latest version that was just recently released. Great gun i must say. only thing you might want to do is a tightbore barrel. gun is good as it comes and doesnt need any internal work out of the box. comes with battery and charger.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=2228
    JG M4 Commando. It goes without saying its a project gun. Would need a different stock, because in my opinion the one that is on it is absolutely ugly. Metal body, one piece hop up, tightbore barrel and im sure you would want a rail system on it too. internally it does have a solid gearbox that shoots hard and has a torque motor so you dont have to worry about that. its a good buy for the money (since it would only be 135 after the 10 percent off. which gives you A LOT of money you can use to upgrade it to be absolute sex.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=6329
    Heres another Echo 1 M4, but this one is a little different. its completely set up with almost everything. has a plastic body which kinda sucks, but it looks good so not much to complain about there. comes with a battery for the crane stock so thats a plus. good gearbox internally, you might want to upgrade it later on but it wont need anything for quite a while. at least 8k rounds.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=6791
    Ares Full Metal M4. Now heres a pretty good gun. doesnt include a battery and charger, but thats not something expensive. the video review speaks for itself. great gun.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=3885
    Echo 1 Scar. Now im not a fan of the scar, but echo 1 makes a pretty good one. its full metal and has great specs out of the box. you cant make it as unique as you could make a M4, but you could do some small stuff to it. its pretty heavy though and major upgrades are going to be harder.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=6044
    A&K Magpul Masada. Now this is a beautiful gun. it goes without saying its awesome, and it shoots well too. like i said the only things you would need to do to this gun are the hop up unit, nozzle (comes with the metal unit), and a tightbore barrel. then go ahead and get whatever accessories you want. you would still have to get your battery and charger though.
    there you go. anyone is free to criticize any of the guns however they desire.
    Back to top Go down
    MAG
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    MAG

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:43 pm

PUNISHER wrote:
    that ak hurts like fuck and it is good thought thats probally the best one echo makes

guns arnt supposed to hurt like fuck if thats one of the reasons u buy a gun for u should really shouldnt be playing airsoft
    Back to top Go down
    predator2-58
    Corporal
    Corporal
    predator2-58

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:46 pm

PUNISHER wrote:

I have 3 echo 1 guns, a Stag 15 full size, a stag 15 M4, and a G36C. the M4 is now my primary just for the hell of it , the G36 is my extreme CQB gun/ back up / friend gun, and the full size is my project gun that is being used to build a DMR ( changing out the spring, upgrading the motor, and putting a 6.03 in it). The best part is that i clean them after every match, have done NO GEARBOX WORK, and they still out shoot most other stock mid level guns.
    Back to top Go down
    DEVIN
    Master Gunnery Sergeant
    DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:52 pm

predator2-58 wrote:
    PUNISHER wrote:

I have 3 echo 1 guns, a Stag 15 full size, a stag 15 M4, and a G36C. the M4 is now my primary just for the hell of it , the G36 is my extreme CQB gun/ back up / friend gun, and the full size is my project gun that is being used to build a DMR ( changing out the spring, upgrading the motor, and putting a 6.03 in it). The best part is that i clean them after every match, have done NO GEARBOX WORK, and they still out shoot most other stock mid level guns.

I have an echo1 g36c and that to my opinion is the best built and the sturdiest gun around.And its accurate as hell i use it as my primary in any type of play area and it kicks ass.And kwa only makes good gas guns but there age's suck.i always here people talking about KWA's are having problems and having to fix them.
    Back to top Go down
    EAGLE
    First Sergeant
    EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:04 pm

the only reason that g36 is good is cause jester put a bunch of good shit in there and its called the JESTER Speacial remember. Also kwa doesnt suck at all the reason kwa have a shit load of problem is cause when u use a lipo and u hold the trigger down too long u fuck up the gun and for that ur a retard
    Back to top Go down
    DEVIN
    Master Gunnery Sergeant
    DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:23 pm

PUNISHER wrote:
    the only reason that g36 is good is cause jester put a bunch of good shit in there and its called the JESTER Speacial remember. Also kwa doesnt suck at all the reason kwa have a shit load of problem is cause when u use a lipo and u hold the trigger down too long u fuck up the gun and for that ur a retard

Ok so ur saying that because its upgraded internally that the body is really durable?And u like kwa because there expensive u like any expensive gun.
    Back to top Go down
    Xero Ryuu
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:39 pm

DEVIN wrote:
    PUNISHER wrote:

Ok so ur saying that because its upgraded internally that the body is really durable?And u like kwa because there expensive u like any expensive gun.
    eagle, we've all established that the gun has no upgrades or any work done to the gearbox at all. stop spamming for post counts.
    Back to top Go down
    EAGLE
    First Sergeant
    EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:04 pm

devins gun is upgraded u nut. the internals are changed ask jester if u dont believe me dammit and its punisher
    Back to top Go down
    Xero Ryuu
    Sergeant
    Sergeant
    Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:34 pm

PUNISHER wrote:
    devins gun is upgraded u nut. the internals are changed ask jester if u dont believe me dammit and its punisher
    No, it's not. We talked about it in Devins for sale thread. And punisher sounds cool, eagle suits you more.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting From GAS to AEG    Converting From GAS to AEG  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting From GAS to AEG
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next