AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Vote_lcapArmy Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Voting_barArmy Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Vote_lcapArmy Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Voting_barArmy Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GizMo
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GizMo

Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Empty
PostSubject: Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades   Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:23 am

I GOT MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT IT.....IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE OR RELIGION. WHY CAN HE BE THE SAME AS THE REST OF TROOPS? WHY SPECIAL TREATMENT? ....THAT'S HOW SHIT STARTS...ARE WE BECOMING TOO TOLERANT?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fuiko
SFAA, Inc.
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SFAA, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades   Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 am

Believe it or not the Military is more strict about who they let enlist. All branches have done without drug waivers, criminal record waivers and all. Unless you have a special skill set is deemed needed by the Military there is no way in hell you can enlist. This man can probably speak languages and dialecs of a particular language needed that not many Americans can. Which is an asset. His religion requires that garb...so be it, The Military is willing to look past that due to his language skills.

Even veterans such as myself who maybe three years ago could have reenlisted cannot do so now. Even some combat vets I know are not allowed back in. The Military is not letting just anyone in.

Yes it is a bit interesting in regards to the standards of grooming, however even when over seas that standard has become lax in regards to where we are being stationed. This man shows the same pride, courage and commitment that any other soldier who enlists to protect our country so he has my respect.

He is an American willing to give his life to protect the freedoms he received by becoming and American citizen. I hope he excels.
Back to top Go down
predator2-58
Corporal
Corporal
predator2-58

PostSubject: Re: Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades   Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:11 pm

I agree with euro. there are actually provisions in army regs that allow for him to wear his head gear like that. i had a buddy of mine who was an orthodox jew and they allowed him to wear his yamika at all times as long as it was a plain black one. as far as him being the first sikh i could care less. there are no white, black, or brown in the army. you are green.as long as he will do his job and be willing to defend others im fine with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades   Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier in Decades
Page 1 of 1