AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
    April 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar
    Top posters
    SandDragon
    triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Vote_lcaptriangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Voting_bartriangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Vote_rcap 
    DEVIN
    triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Vote_lcaptriangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Voting_bartriangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Vote_rcap 
    Jester
    Pandemonium
    NOBODY
    EAGLE
    Rogue Echo 1
    TANK
    Streets
    SEABEE
    Social bookmarking
    Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    destroyer
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal
    destroyer

triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Empty
    PostSubject: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:44 pm

yo. ive seen, and im sure you have too, the triangle or arrow looking symbol on U.S vehicles, mostly i notice it on armor. its just been bothering me what is the purpose of this? i thought it may have something to do with the arrow on a spartans sheild but thats just a guess. anyways if you know what its purpose is, id be cool to tell me so i can finally stop letting it keep me up at night. thanks
    Back to top Go down
    GioZ00
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant
    GioZ00

PostSubject: Re: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Can you find a photo?
    Back to top Go down
    GioZ00
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant
    GioZ00

PostSubject: Re: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:45 pm

http://tinyurl.com/an-sr-com

"The distinctive insignia of the 1st Armored Division is based on the the triangular coat-of-arms of the American World War II Tank Corps. The yellow, blue, and red colors of the shoulder sleeve insignia represent the Armor, Infantry, and Artillery divisions of the Division). Superimposed on the triangle is the insignia of the former Seventh Cavalry Brigade (Mechanized), the predecessors of the Old Ironsides. The tank track a represents mobility and armor protection, the gun denotes firepower, and the chain of lightening symbolizes speed and shock action. The Arabic numeral in the apex of the triangle indicates the First Armor Division. The nickname of \the division, officially sanctioned by the Department of the Army is emblazoned under the triangle and is an integral part of the insignia"

Found this for another plaque.
    Back to top Go down
    Sion
    Private 1st class

PostSubject: Re: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:51 pm

the "triangle" in the spartan shield is the greek letter lambda and it is a v up side down... for the spartans it meant a place or a king i dont remember well. i dont knw the meaning on the vehicles but i would say it meant the triangle formation in calvalry that mwas meant to break enemy formation.
    Back to top Go down
    Jester
    Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Jester

PostSubject: Re: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:58 pm

that "arrow/ triangle" is the Sword emblem lmfao jk
    Back to top Go down
    destroyer
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal
    destroyer

PostSubject: Re: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:51 pm

thanks for the help guys, its not a complicated emblem tho, look above the second and third wheel and thats the triangle im refering to. in this picture it happens to be there and in that direction but ive seen it on the turret too(as well as other places), and facing other directions http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1a1-980120-A-0000K-002.jpg
    Back to top Go down
    GioZ00
    Staff Sergeant
    Staff Sergeant
    GioZ00

PostSubject: Re: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Boom
    You're welcome.
    Back to top Go down
    destroyer
    Lance Corporal
    Lance Corporal
    destroyer

PostSubject: Re: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:14 pm

GioZ00 wrote:
    Boom
    You're welcome.
    Thats the one! thank you very much sir, i can now sleep at night without a care in the world.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles   triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

triangle/arrow on u.s vehicles
    Page 1 of 1