AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Vote_lcapArmy, Marines, and Navy SEALS Voting_barArmy, Marines, and Navy SEALS Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Vote_lcapArmy, Marines, and Navy SEALS Voting_barArmy, Marines, and Navy SEALS Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS

Go down 
+10
GioZ00
NOBODY
ovy
spaz
SFAA, Inc.
spook
Crazy Joker
Jester
Roadrash
tommygunner9
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Empty
PostSubject: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:01 pm

We have all heard of them.

A lot of people say that the Marines are the best warriors in the planet. They also have their reputation as the "First to fight and last to leave." And their infamous motto "Semper Fi."

The Army. They know how to make good commercials. No one really pays the Army too much mind. Marines are known to talk shit about them. They have their Green Berets and Rangers, which are elite groups.

The Navy SEALS, now those are the best of the best, not the Marines. Most of their missions are undercover and secret. Hell, the killed Bin Laden.

What are your thoughts? Who do you like better? Are you considering joining any of them? What do you think of people talking shit about the Army? Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Roadrash
Sergeant
Sergeant
Roadrash

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:16 pm

I plan on joining the Marines but i am also moving towards the Army just because of all the advanced weaponry/ electronics they have over the Marines. The Marines must "make do" with what they have. As of now i dont know.

My view on the Marines bagging on the Army is just plain bullshit, they should just quit their bitchin because both branches are doing the same, fighting war. But i still think the Marines are the Shit..
Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:19 pm

That really pisses me off. The Army has all this High Tech equipment, and the Marines don't have shit. The weapons the Army uses, their air support, UAV's just everything. And the Marines don't have half of that :/
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:24 pm

lol idk about that

the marines can be in any shore in 24 hours

while the army rangers/ airborne infantry can be in your backyard in 18

Back to top Go down
Crazy Joker
Sergeant
Sergeant
Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Rangers lead the way
Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Jester don't you wan to join the Army?
Back to top Go down
spook
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
spook

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 pm

well cause in history there was only the army and navy. the army air corps got big enough to make their own branch as the air force, but they started as army. as for marines, thay were army who went on ships as true fighters while the navy manned cannons and kept the ship going. then thay went to do small insertions from boat. so bascially the marines is an army, navy mix up.

i plan on joining any military spec ops group but to ultimately lead to a joint spec ops, so it wont matter what brance cause JSO is more elite than the elite groups of spec ops. less than 600 in the whole U.S.

but right now its between the army grenn barrets or the navy S.W.C.C. which stands for Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewman.
Back to top Go down
SFAA, Inc.
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SFAA, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Each branch performs their specific duties accordingly. I am biased to the Navy and Marines, mainly one for being enlisted once, but due to medical reasons, I could not even finish basic.

Marines, Navy, Air Force (Cant forget the PJs) and the Army, all have a SF Unit designed to carry out specific missions. And you cannot say that the Marines are far behind in toys, have you seen the replacement for the SAW? HOLY HELL!!!!! Or dont forget the Osprey, what a machine!

Army Rangers and Green Berets are some badass groups for sure, but you also have Delta (seriously DELTA are no joke)

And the bitterness that you see between the branches is just as simple as the Boston Red Sux (I mean Sox) and the Yankees. Its a "sibling" rivalry so to speak. Each one has something to say about one another. Those that have served know that better than most.

Now most people will poke fun at the Navy and say it stands for Not A Victory Yet, but thanks to recent events, score one of the Navy!

If I had a choice to go back in, the Navy for sure. So much more to take advantage of with them as well. All branches are so much more advance than any of us can really imagine and there are plenty of toys that we as civilians will never know about.
Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:07 pm

That is very true, SFAA Inc. The military has things we don't know about as civilians. But the Marines are a little behind on equipment. Yes, I have heard of the Osprey, and it is a very good helicopter. Only thing is, that i wish they all had bad ass technology and advancements in equpiment.
Back to top Go down
spaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Military Branches   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Well take it from someone that spent 10 years in Special Operations overseas serving 2 tours of conflict side by side with both Marines and Army Rangers and still to this day serves as a security contractor side by side with them, They all have their merits when it comes to training, tactics, funding and logistics and support, but bottom line, no one 'Special Ops Group" gets that much more than any other. It's not Marines in first anymore because I was on a Coast Guard Tactical Narcotics Unit out of Miami and got to the towers during 911 before any other support units. I have served in the middle east under fire with Marines and Army Rangers asking me for ammo and equipment because our logistics and support were just better than theirs and have trained on the lines with members of the Seals having them go, " I wish we could get that rifle and scope!" It's not a matter of which one is better or more equipped or first one in anymore gentleman, it's about which team follows the creed and motto of learning to LIVE TO TRAIN AND TRAIN TO LIVE for that worst case contingency. You can have all the best equipment in the world and all the logistics and support to back you up but if you dont have the mentality of playing like you fight in your training, you will only jam the cog in the wheel of battle.

It's not about who has the bigger, better or faster gun, it's the operator behind that gun that knows, trains and understands the concept that once the bullet leaves the barrel,

YOU CAN'T TAKE IT BACK!

A pleasure gentleman and stay impartial in your answers and opinions because you never know who you may or may not offend with your judgements, but all in good fun!

5 years Coast Guard Special Operations Counter Narcotics Miami
5 Years DOT PSU307 Deployably Security Operations MIddle East
10 years Sheriff's Office Detective Narcotics Special Operations (SWAT)
1 year Supervisor for Dept. Of Homeland Security USCIS Ft. Myers ASC OPS

Currently Chief Operations Officer
S.P.A.Z Safety and Protection from A-Z since 2009

Owner OPERATION 31 Tactical Airsoft/Paintball Training Center

aka....................SPAZ

www.spazllc.com

239-244-6723
Back to top Go down
http://www.spazllc.com
ovy
Private 1st class

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:46 pm

the Marines don't have all that fancy new equipment and they still kick ass. but how about the people not giving respect to the USCG. im leaving to CG basic in October and whenever i tell people they either one, call it the knee high Navy or two, dont even know its part of the military! like the previous post the CG goes all over and does ALOT of things. from saving people to fighting pirates, terrorist, and drug smugglers in foreign countries.
Back to top Go down
NOBODY
Admin
Admin
NOBODY

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:59 pm

tommygunner9 wrote:
We have all heard of them.

A lot of people say that the Marines are the best warriors in the planet. They also have their reputation as the "First to fight and last to leave." And their infamous motto "Semper Fi."

The Army. They know how to make good commercials. No one really pays the Army too much mind. Marines are known to talk shit about them. They have their Green Berets and Rangers, which are elite groups.

The Navy SEALS, now those are the best of the best, not the Marines. Most of their missions are undercover and secret. Hell, the killed Bin Laden.

What are your thoughts? Who do you like better? Are you considering joining any of them? What do you think of people talking shit about the Army? Discuss.

you left out the USAF Special Forces, My Brother inl-law is a combat controller and has trained with the Army and earned his Black hawk wings and has also achieved many other trainings, but I can still kick his ass lol! He's a good kid and we are all very proud of him. Some of you ight remember him from US-27 "Buster"
Back to top Go down
http://www.Rcinvasion.com
spaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Good luck at basic in Cape May, NJ in October Ovy. I went through same back in 1990.

Semper Paratus.............................Always Ready!
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:03 pm

yeah, im planning on joining the army, with an end goal of being an army ranger. If i dont make it the first time im going to try again and again till i have that tab
Back to top Go down
SFAA, Inc.
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SFAA, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Jester wrote:
yeah, im planning on joining the army, with an end goal of being an army ranger. If i dont make it the first time im going to try again and again till i have that tab

Thats the fraking spirit man! Its an attitude like that, that can help you get reach that goal. Best of luck to all you young ones entering in the Armed Forces, do our country proud.
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 pm

SFAA, Inc. wrote:
Jester wrote:

Thats the fraking spirit man! Its an attitude like that, that can help you get reach that goal. Best of luck to all you young ones entering in the Armed Forces, do our country proud.

Thanks man

Being an Army Ranger has been a goal of mine since i was a kid, and im sure as hell not going to reach old age without being one
Back to top Go down
GioZ00
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GioZ00

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:02 pm

To anyone wanting to join any Special operations, i hear the quickest branch to get in is the air force pjs. Not easiest, and like someone said earlier the pjs arent as highly recognized by some. But the pjs are intense from what ive heard.

As for the marines, do they have any real special forces? From wht i understand they have recon, but its like the army rangers, only underequipped.

Anyone trying to get ino these forces hould read the books "Lone Survivor" by Mark Luttrel ( a SEAL) and "Black Hawk Down" by Mark Bowden. (dont give the excuse of watching the movie, the book is much more comprehensive and gives you a true idea of what our military has to go through at times. )
Back to top Go down
SFAA, Inc.
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SFAA, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Giz, the Recon Marines, and their Recon Snipers....Those are your SF of the Marines.. Baddest of the bad. Check out the book Generation Kill, not the series, although fantastic, the book was just amazing!

If anyone is interested in the PJs i have a friend that was EOD as a PJ. He would be more than happy to provide you with any info you may want.
Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 am

i just spent an hour or two on youtube, watching videos of the training required to become a Navy SEAL. If you are interested, I highly reccommend watching the videos on the prefered branch of armed force. Very motivational stuff.

And yes, I did leave out the air force. My bad. It's funny, I had a feeling I was forgetting one. lol!
Back to top Go down
devil
Sergeant
Sergeant
devil

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 am

USCG Deployable Operations Group. My future career
Back to top Go down
x305xANthOnY98
Corporal
Corporal
x305xANthOnY98

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:24 am

All I know is that after college, I'm ganna join the army as an officer and try to become a Ranger, although I respect anybody serving in the United Stated Armed Forces. Regardless of what branch they are serving in.
Back to top Go down
spaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 am

Call me if you want to know about USCG deployable Ops. I spent many a year in them as a sniper/observer and weapons technician for Uncle Sam.

SPAZ/OP31
Back to top Go down
MAG
Sergeant
Sergeant
MAG

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:11 pm

SFAA, Inc. wrote:
Giz, the Recon Marines, and their Recon Snipers....Those are your SF of the Marines.. Baddest of the bad. Check out the book Generation Kill, not the series, although fantastic, the book was just amazing!

If anyone is interested in the PJs i have a friend that was EOD as a PJ. He would be more than happy to provide you with any info you may want.

their is also marsoc which is the marine corp's allotment of men for socom
Back to top Go down
ovy
Private 1st class

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Spaz, that's exactly what i want to do in the USCG!
Back to top Go down
tommygunner9
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
tommygunner9

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 am

Keep em coming guys!

I personally have always been fascinated by the Airborne divisions. It started when I watched Band of Brothers as a little kid. I watched the whole thing so much and for so long that I fell in love with the WW2 era.

The weapons, the gear, their tactics. Just everything. If you see me play airsoft, you would immediately recognize my paratrooper uniform.

To top it off, when I watched The Pacific, it simply amazed me too. I honestly can't choose between them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS   Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army, Marines, and Navy SEALS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next