AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Vote_lcapFlashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Voting_barFlashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Vote_lcapFlashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Voting_barFlashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Empty
PostSubject: Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......   Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Well yesterday I picked up a A&K m249. First I took off the lower handgaurd and the upper handgaurd and replaced them with a upper and lower ris. While I had the barrel out I switched it to a tightbore and made sure the bucking was in good condition. The extra tightbore I had was a 363 mm barrel and of course then needed to use a mock silencer to cover the extension. So I check and like usual there is a micro hexscrew attaching the flashhider. I find my small hex and after a few pulls wonder if they went to counter clockwise threads. After a few more tugs my hex started spinning and I realized I had stripped the micro screw out.

The first solution I tried was to simple tear the plastic flash hider off. I have tried this a few times and had the whole flashhider break off easily if you can get it splitting down the side. No luck because the base of this plastic flashhider was thicker than other ones I used this trick on and the top, which was thinner than the bottum broke off completely. Now stuck with half a flashhider held on to the outter barrel by a stripper screw I got was lost for a minute on what to do.

First I pulled out my smallest file and a thick workcloth. I put the workcloth next to the flashhider to protect the body and started to file at the spot where the screw was at. Took me about 20 minutes to basically file the screw down to where I could pop it off and then of course the flashhider came off with no difficulties.

This would only really work with a plastic flashhider and if you ever had this problem with a metal flashhider you would be SOL.
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......   Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 pm

They come with plastic flash hiders now?..damn
Back to top Go down
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......   Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Plastic flashhiders with bad micro screws as well it would seem.
Back to top Go down
TANK
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TANK

PostSubject: Re: Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......   Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:07 pm

i have stripped the screw on all of my guns when i try to take off the flash hider and to take it off i heat it up for about 5 minutes or more with a hair dryer and then take a pair of pressure pliers and turn it and it pops right off.
Back to top Go down
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......   Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:10 pm

That will work sometimes. I did the boiling water trick, which has never failed me and it did so I had to cut the sucker off. When I got it off it looked like it was kinda slammed on there because the plastic threads were shredded.
Back to top Go down
TANK
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TANK

PostSubject: Re: Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......   Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:18 pm

that happens sometimes... sometimes they even come melted on...my buddy had his gun and when he was taking off the flash hider he couldn't get it off....when he finally got it off the threads were all melted and so was the metal so he had to buy another outer barrel for it.
Back to top Go down
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......   Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Luckily the threads have no damage. I took off the black paint on them when I was sawing off the plastic flashhider, but thanks to taking my time didn't damage the actual thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......   Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flashhider Hexscrew Stripped......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AIRSOFT RESERVE :: Airsoft Modifications, Maintenance And Repair :: AEG Repairs-
Jump to: