AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Vote_lcapSo guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Voting_barSo guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Vote_lcapSo guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Voting_barSo guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?

Go down 
+5
Jester
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Pandemonium
Ghost95
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost95
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Empty
PostSubject: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Do you agree that airsoft should be a sport?

And with sports remeber their will be REAL refs that DO their job and actual Officail paid teams.

Speak your mind . Whatya think?

So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Tumblr_ls243l9KKC1qhiukr

Lol Nah but SERIOUSLY speak your minds
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Ghost95 wrote:

And with sports remeber their will be REAL refs that DO their job and actual Officail paid teams.

its not a sport because people dont read up on what it is. out in cali airsoft is taboo. people wont accept airsoft as a sport out here cause:

1) they believe it makes their kids want to join the military
2) it "looks" dangerous
3) they assume way too many negative things about something they have no knowledge of.

out here people are SUPER paranoid about airsoft, assuming that it is so bad that it kills kids, even though more kids die in cheerleading a year then kids have died in airsoft-related situations ever.

people argue that "the guns look too real, and kids keep getting shot because of it" even though thats the parents fault for just buying them these guns without taking the time to look up what these guns do, and how serious airsoft should be.

you picked a really touchy subject for californians lol since i just had to fight against the new senate bill thats trying to ban airsoft.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
TANK
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TANK

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Ghost95 wrote:

i think airsoft should be a sport but what pandemonium said is true people are too freaked out and wont let their kids play. i practicably had to beg my parents to let me play airsoft!
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Panziekiller wrote:
Ghost95 wrote:

i think airsoft should be a sport but what pandemonium said is true people are too freaked out and wont let their kids play. i practicably had to beg my parents to let me play airsoft!
its annoying cause i tell people what airsoft is and after i show them my videos they start to want to go airsofting. morons that are afraid of the unknown.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Echo 1
First Sergeant
Rogue Echo 1

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:23 am

it is a sport. and a hobby. and a lifestyle to many.

it doesn't need to be called a sport by society to be a sport!

airsoft is fine the way it is Smile don't need no recognition. i've bought all of my gear, guns, ammo, everything, so I never had to worry about my rents letting me. but it did take me a while to go from sporting good guns to fixing and upgrading my own AEG's.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:40 am

Rogue Echo 1 wrote:
it is a sport. and a hobby. and a lifestyle to many.

it doesn't need to be called a sport by society to be a sport!

airsoft is fine the way it is Smile don't need no recognition. i've bought all of my gear, guns, ammo, everything, so I never had to worry about my rents letting me. but it did take me a while to go from sporting good guns to fixing and upgrading my own AEG's.
we need it recognized so that people will stop trying to ban it
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:43 am

Id rather it stay a hobby. When you start making tournaments thats when airsoft will no longer be fun. Remember there are many people who dont know what honor is, and thats with no caus. Watch how low people go to start winning the big games

Guys seriously start thinking before you post crap im starting to think we need iq tests for new people to play airsoft. If google wont answer your question what makes you think residents of miami will be smart enough to know?
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 am

Jester wrote:
Id rather it stay a hobby. When you start making tournaments thats when airsoft will no longer be fun. Remember there are many people who dont know what honor is, and thats with no caus. Watch how low people go to start winning the big games

Guys seriously start thinking before you post crap im starting to think we need iq tests for new people to play airsoft. If google wont answer your question what makes you think residents of miami will be smart enough to know?
i never said lets sell our sport im just saying give a title and have people aware of it so that we stop having retarded restrictions that dont need to be there. those without honor are usually stupid, so if it has stats people will stop trying to outlaw it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost95
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 am

Cool and jester i just wanted to see everyones opinions on the forum thats all. I rather it stay a hobby as well. I quiet frankly dont give a shite wheter it is a sport or hobby.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:01 am

Jester wrote:

NOW NOW, Jester, dont be making new people feel unwelcomed by giving the stupid IQ issue...a stupid question deserves a stupid answer!.....People might think you are either burned out or Trolling the new guys!

True, you got a point that this game runs best off an honor system and it could fail when people cheat to win a tournament so it may probablly never be taken seriously.

Of course I am hoping for a brak through in technology, such as Airsoft guns equip to fire more like lazer tag and have verifying gear that it reads the bb has hit a human!

Also would like it if the airsoft rifles or guns had sound effects so that the gun would make a loud simulated blast every time I pulled the trigger and it came out of hidden speakers!- a bit of topic but maybe inovation will make it a sport.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:30 am

SandDragon wrote:
Jester wrote:

NOW NOW, Jester, dont be making new people feel unwelcomed by giving the stupid IQ issue...a stupid question deserves a stupid answer!.....People might think you are either burned out or Trolling the new guys!

True, you got a point that this game runs best off an honor system and it could fail when people cheat to win a tournament so it may probablly never be taken seriously.

Of course I am hoping for a brak through in technology, such as Airsoft guns equip to fire more like lazer tag and have verifying gear that it reads the bb has hit a human!

Also would like it if the airsoft rifles or guns had sound effects so that the gun would make a loud simulated blast every time I pulled the trigger and it came out of hidden speakers!- a bit of topic but maybe inovation will make it a sport.
it wouldnt be that hard either lol just make a plate that fits in plate carriers but have the plate have pressure sensors that detects hits and put a laser behind the BB so when it hits it records who shot who..
Back to top Go down
Rogue Echo 1
First Sergeant
Rogue Echo 1

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 am

sanddragon I remember when you used to sit up in the trees with a loud speaker emulating war sounds, it was badass!
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:47 am

any one see the new snow white movie?
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:59 am

Rogue Echo 1 wrote:
sanddragon I remember when you used to sit up in the trees with a loud speaker emulating war sounds, it was badass!

well it would be very nice to set up a speaker system like they do at the California CQB.

these speakers are set up through out the property and will play battlefield war affect sounds, Music and could be turned on or shut off as a PA system.

I would need to run several weather proof speakers and wire them up as well as get power into the field.
Back to top Go down
Mc_SourMonkey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Mc_SourMonkey

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Yes, it is a sport. A competitive activity that posts challenge whether they are physical or mental or both. Should there be competitions with paid team...I say YES!! Heck, why not? I play golf competitively and if any of you think that golf isnt a sport...I will gladly pay for your round of golf and have you cay that 50 lb bag on your back for 4.3 miles while you get frustrated at a little white ball worse than a lil kid not calling his hits. But like it or not, golf is the highest paying sport in the world. If somehow airsoft could manage to get at least to the point where paintball is at then that would be awesome. Hmm, there is always the ACA. lets try to bring that here as a start!
Back to top Go down
Ghost95
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:27 pm

ok looks like you guys really like to answer stupid questions lol.
Back to top Go down
Ghost95
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:29 pm

SandDragon wrote:
Jester wrote:

its best it stay as a hobby, making it a sport will only cause it to become retarded and then only pros will be playing.
Back to top Go down
Ghost95
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:32 pm

DEVIN wrote:
any one see the new snow white movie?

i herd it was boss. Popcorn
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Mc_SourMonkey wrote:
Yes, it is a sport. A competitive activity that posts challenge whether they are physical or mental or both. Should there be competitions with paid team...I say YES!! Heck, why not? I play golf competitively and if any of you think that golf isnt a sport...I will gladly pay for your round of golf and have you cay that 50 lb bag on your back for 4.3 miles while you get frustrated at a little white ball worse than a lil kid not calling his hits. But like it or not, golf is the highest paying sport in the world. If somehow airsoft could manage to get at least to the point where paintball is at then that would be awesome. Hmm, there is always the ACA. lets try to bring that here as a start!

Ive seen Golf champeionships on tv... they got good eyes and cameras trained on those balls when they go flying...The trick to getting the sport to go legit would be to to have some kind of verifying way to see bbs hit like the same.

the sport should also have serious and strict Honor system ranks ratings...maybe the shooters sign out the ones they hit as a sort of score but it would verify honesty to the ones who called it...both win!

a type of game scenario may involve a ticket system-this is when a person who is hit is required a ticket tag by the shooter later on in the game....he can sit around with his death rag on until he gets it!...if he gets a ticket by his killer maybe their is reward of honor...even in defeat!

players who seem unkillable are likely seen with suspission, even disrespect, unless we can establish more verified honor as well as possiblly enhanced technology, it will just fall as a hobby sport and taboo at that!

there are airsoft bbs that do mark like paintball...they totally suck so there must be a better solution.
Back to top Go down
Ghost95
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 pm

SandDragon wrote:
Mc_SourMonkey wrote:

Ive seen Golf champeionships on tv... they got good eyes and cameras trained on those balls when they go flying...The trick to getting the sport to go legit would be to to have some kind of verifying way to see bbs hit like the same.

the sport should also have serious and strict Honor system ranks ratings...maybe the shooters sign out the ones they hit as a sort of score but it would verify honesty to the ones who called it...both win!

a type of game scenario may involve a ticket system-this is when a person who is hit is required a ticket tag by the shooter later on in the game....he can sit around with his death rag on until he gets it!...if he gets a ticket by his killer maybe their is reward of honor...even in defeat!

players who seem unkillable are likely seen with suspission, even disrespect, unless we can establish more verified honor as well as possiblly enhanced technology, it will just fall as a hobby sport and taboo at that!

Simmple, have like a vest or something that is sensative to touch like laser tag so when your shot it sounds off.

there are airsoft bbs that do mark like paintball...they totally suck so there must be a better solution.
Back to top Go down
Mc_SourMonkey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Mc_SourMonkey

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:54 pm

High speed cameras everywhere!! Have it almost like football or basketball where you can challenge a judgment by a ref (hence the need for high speed cams). But then again, we would need a designated cqb location to support the power for the cams, then you would need the programs to view all the action and rewind the footage so that the refs are able to review the action and bbs. The cams will definitely be the expensive part. lol. Then, organised rules, and we will need an audiance...Wow, this may get a little complex.
Back to top Go down
Rillickual
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Rillickual

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 pm

I think it can be but personally it doesn't matter since we all still play,we have flexibility when we think of how to make it fun,and it seems to be existing with some amount of popularity.I am fine with having it a hobby and if it becomes a sport its fine since you can have a relative way to balance any game if it's official or meant for having fun.So overall i can deal with it only being a hobby but i don't want to see it "fall" by other people being inconsiderate.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Echo 1
First Sergeant
Rogue Echo 1

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:17 pm

nice to see you again Rill Smile

lol ghost if you thought it was a dumb question why'd you ask it man? -.-
Back to top Go down
Mc_SourMonkey
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Mc_SourMonkey

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 pm

I guess he wanted a players perspective of the sport and wanted to see what the community wanted from airsoft. i can easily call it a sport, but the final outcome is up to each and every player.
Back to top Go down
Ghost95
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Rogue Echo 1 wrote:
nice to see you again Rill Smile

lol ghost if you thought it was a dumb question why'd you ask it man? -.-

i wanted to see what opinions everyone had thats why. just wanted to start a coversation on the forum that doesnt invlove the word for sale that s all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?   So guys why isnt airsoft a sport? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So guys why isnt airsoft a sport?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next