AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Back in another era Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Back in another era Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Back in another era Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Back in another era Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Back in another era Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Back in another era Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Back in another era Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Back in another era Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Back in another era Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Back in another era Vote_lcapBack in another era Voting_barBack in another era Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Back in another era Vote_lcapBack in another era Voting_barBack in another era Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Back in another era

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

Back in another era Empty
PostSubject: Back in another era   Back in another era Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:33 am

It seems like today we hear more and more bad news on how bad the world is getting.

THE RESOURCES:

Just about everything is getting maxed out, A rising Overpopulation, depleted resources, and the very idea of owning land...it seems like the very rich will have any power over a dying planet Earth, I feel there is little I could do, What could I do?!....If nothing is done your desendants might find them selves living in a very tight cubical apartment in an overglorified Archo highrise.....Im not saying it might be pretty but it won't be down to earth!

What could you do?....Looking back to the days when everything was Gay and happy, there was no Automobiles, people got on a horse, Culo, or rode on a sailing ship.

Work was driven in another way, Food was often grown close to home and there was far more flexibility on city zoning, you didn't have to have a permit to do everything.
It seems todays rules and set infastructure is now getting in the way progress as some building zoning will not allow the installation of solar panels because it would degrade a uniformed nieghborhood.

Back in another era Old_ca11
Cars:
It seems that city planners have opted to make a fast buck by over developing cities further and further away from work and just about everything is now a mile away thus forcing people to having a need for a car.....Unlike old European towns with their many cobble stone streets, Olde Europeans tended to live very close to where they worked in these classic pretty towns and hamlets.

MILES AWAY:

Todays citys requires huge tracks of land dedicated for highway systems that bypass areas of citys that could and would have developed into interesting landmarks and urban areas.....It seems like an impossibility to go back to buying an donkey, or horse, or returning to more down to earth trasportation modes...Though there are Bicycles, it seems very hard to get a whole community to embrace it to 100% like the Europeans...In America, people will always see these things as recreational toys.
Just about everything needed in todays citys is almost always placed too far away.
If anyone ever played Sim city videogames, I bet a fun city could be designed that could be both beautiful and fun for all who lived in it.... It seems like todays citys are always being Duct taped together or held together with a toothpick and chewing gum!

Back in another era Image_10

THE POWER:

Back in the Ancient days there was your Horse, the power of the wind and water....this predated electricity usage....It seems that we humans are so addicted to our machines...There may be no going back, Our Ancestors would probablly say we are a lazy and spoiled bunch!
Ancient power by Windmill was harnessed, Sailors crewed and manned huge sailing ships.
Just about before the industrial revolution, the Earth was cleaner and stable as it had for centurys... you could almost say it was like another Roman empire of prosparity.
When Steam power was put into service, It slowly began to outmode the old ways.
Many trades and skills were lost...Old Windmillers who could not compete closed up shop.

Today, powering homes and buisnesses is a required must, Our future will foremost depend on all our efforts provide enough power for our ever demanding needs, either minimize usage or partake in generating it!
Back in another era Steam_10
THE HUMANITY:

Just about every generation has been buying , trading and eventally selling their soul!
It seems like human nature to use exploits and cheats to get by, and no one wants to take the long way around.
People are schooling their kids to become better at this.
What is not being schooled is overpolulation in this vain fucking world!.....in the Natural world there is a die off of a population if it continues to over eat its resources....Whole wars were conducted against other countries just to get at the other nations resourses, What I would call Nationalized armed robbery...Of course most of us would never resort to stealing unless our government said it was ok to raid another land....The age of Imperalisim may not be totally dead...in some way or form there will be a need to have what is not found at which is not close and available to home.....even just to control the populace, ever more raids are religiouly made on ethnic people like the conquitadores Cortez... people like them who vanquished cultures, languages and arts.

I am not sure if we can ever go back to some of the old ways but If I had a chance I would love to crew an old tall sailing ship or run as an old black smith, Maybe start Farming my own food.

The Olde Hiearchy was once driven on Class of Kings and Nobles , we were serfs to the land until a big break and now it is the Hiearchy of money...we are slowly killing the Earth, a priceless resource that simply would be beyond the price if we were eventually forced to live in space stations on a future intergalactic journey... such a long ways from the nearest planet will conjure up the home sick loss of breathing the fresh sea breeze and looking out over the horizon of our beautiful blue planet...I cannot see this properly packaged and replicated and rebuilt on a starship ....The very nature of Population control and control of resources will even be more delicate on board a floating space Ark (Archo)

Last edited by SandDragon on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

PostSubject: Re: Back in another era   Back in another era Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Hm..I read the whole thing, and I can say that I agree with you. Industrialization has been destroying our world for so long...it seems as if people don't care about it anymore. All the people want is money. Nowadays, there are too few people trying to prevent want has already happened and trying to fix what humanity has done...no one has a drive to do what these people do!

The big people in suits, mainly the big assholes in the oil companies, are actually promoting the destruction of the earth with their products!

I remember reading a story, where, back in the '50s or so, there were companies already dedicated to building electricly powered cars. The oil companies actually bought the rights and all the cars from these people, stranding the cars in the desert.

With rising gas prices, I think it'll actually make some people think about the destruction of the world and what they would do to fix it. The first thing they would have to handle, though, is oil consumption in the United States, which far exceeds any other countries daily oil usage!

One reason for this is how much people work. With so many people working, I'm surprised people can go out and enjoy themselves!..And another thing, a study has shown that people working in America have an average vacation time of 2 weeks, whereas in Europe their vacation time can vary between 6-8 weeks.

All in all, the first step to a cleaner tomorrow is to drastically cut down on oil consumption, as well as the CO2 emissions.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Back in another era   Back in another era Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:09 pm

How about the possibility of eventually finding yourself out of work!... yes as the Outmoding of jobs and outsourcing increases we may find a society in an even tighter fix for getting jobs and even the value of money may be an issue!

Today it is quite possible to attain abundant food which is so abusivelly wasted!... I could in theory become a Hobo and live in my car with minimal living requirements and Luxuries...In the Past there was heavy reliance on Slaves ant cheap labor...Right now this old system is still in play and Economist will use every cheap robotic hack and exploit to keep a poor man poor and a rich man can get richer!

There is no Soul in the Dollar when you see and hear of 2000 year old living red wood trees being cut down for furnature and other stuff that will not last as long as the living tree.

Irreplaceable are the olde forest that are now graced by huge rotting stumps...you and I as well as your children would never see the skyline of the olde magestic forest that once stood only a few decades ago...It makes you kind of wonder if you could track down all the bits of lumber to see if it was really worth it!
Back in another era Sedona10
Running out of work is also going to be a serious issue as more and more people work harder to earn a pay...What is the meaning of life and what are we created for?.....It seems that the new slaves of the day are robotic machines, which are purchased to manufacture and demand no wages or rewards and any time off..we will soon become a society of thinkers and creative competition will be at its highest.
Think like its a Star Trek type future where in a perfect near future the Machines and technology has covered all the grounds so well that the near thought of driving anything or cooking, cutting is totally automated....Jobs at cash registers will be phased out... no more need for sales persons... Stores may even dissapear because of the online markets, just Order everything online and forget the Old PB Matrix shop!

I like to pick up and read an olde fashioned paperback book vs the new digitized stuff on Nook... Though Digitized books will save paper and ink and only cost electrical output...there may be an interesting trade off.

There are Cable TV shows that disscuss "the Human Footprint"...disscussing how many tons of stuff an average person consumes and uses in a life time...even if it is not all totally acurate I was still taken aback.

Plastic bottles and one way type packaging introduced as a cheap form of packing and shipping has done away with Quality built Glass soda bottles of the Coco Cola Era... no need to collect Milk bottles and send them for refilling!....Maybe that system should be reinstated like the proposed City car, people will waste less and account more!

There are Good guys and Bad guys in the Corporate world who wield the ultimate power....All others are mere ants!
Our last resort at governing a chaotic world will probablly fall in the hands of the very wealthy who may resort to buying up the last tracks of prestine woods and unspoiled lands... it will fall into Humanitys hads to determin whether they will rule conservativlly or childishly wasteful and as bad as a corupt Vainful Roman Emperor!

Back in another era Aquadu10

In this Photo you will see an actual operating Ancient Roman Aquaduct that is still serving its people... but funny seeing the olde city shot shows a modern construction crane... a sign of never ending evolution of growth and needs!
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: Back in another era   Back in another era Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:26 pm

ill be dead before im 40 so i kinda dont care lol ima blow money and burn gas till then
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in another era   Back in another era Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in another era
Page 1 of 1