AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Vote_lcapWearing uniforms patches etc.  Voting_barWearing uniforms patches etc.  Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Vote_lcapWearing uniforms patches etc.  Voting_barWearing uniforms patches etc.  Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Wearing uniforms patches etc.

Go down 
+3
SandDragon
gonzalo
NOBODY
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NOBODY
Admin
Admin
NOBODY

Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Empty
PostSubject: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:15 pm

I see whats going on with this topic, please read it and tell me what you all think? is it legal or not? read or select the link at the bottom.

Re: illegal gear?

Postby bishopMP on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:20 pm
Just for clarification, because I'm a Military Policeman, and thats what I do.

This will give you the (technical) law.

10 US Code Section 771 & 772

Section 772 lists some exceptions:

(a) A member of the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard may wear the uniform prescribed for the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard, as the case may be.

(b) A member of the Naval Militia may wear the uniform prescribed for the Naval Militia.

(c) A retired officer of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the title and wear the uniform of his retired grade.

(d) A person who is discharged honorably or under honorable conditions from the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may wear his uniform while going from the place of discharge to his home, within three months after his discharge.

(e) A person not on active duty who served honorably in time of war in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the title, and, when authorized by regulations prescribed by the President, wear the uniform, of the highest grade held by him during that war.

(f) While portraying a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion-picture production may wear the uniform of that armed force if the portrayal does not tend to discredit that armed force.

(g) An officer or resident of a veterans' home administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs may wear such uniform as the Secretary of the military department concerned may prescribe.

(h) While attending a course of military instruction conducted by the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, a civilian may wear the uniform prescribed by that armed force if the wear of such uniform is specifically authorized under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of the military department concerned.

(i) Under such regulations as the Secretary of the Air Force may prescribe, a citizen of a foreign country who graduates from an Air Force school may wear the appropriate aviation badges of the Air Force.

It authorizes the wearing of military uniforms under certain conditions and circumstances including the circumstance of an actor portraying a member of the armed services in a "theatrical production", or simulation.

Updated 05JAN09

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/10C45.txt

Additionally...

Here is the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ, the military law, which is not enforceable against civilians, but tends to show that service's view on the subject). Army Regualtion 670-1, paragraph 1-4 states:

d. In accordance with chapter 45, section 771, title 10, United States Code (10 USC 771), no person except a member of the U.S. Army may wear the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform of the U.S. Army unless otherwise authorized by law. Additionally, no person except a member of the U.S. Army may wear a uniform, any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the U.S. Army uniform. This includes the distinctive uniforms and uniform items listed in paragraph 1–12 of this regulation. Paragraph 1–12 goes on to define "Distinctive uniforms and uniform items:"

a. The following uniform items are distinctive and will not be sold to or worn by unauthorized personnel:
(1) All Army headgear, when worn with insignia.
(2) Badges and tabs (identification, marksmanship, combat, and special skill).
(3) Uniform buttons (U.S. Army or Corps of Engineers).
(4) Decorations, service medals, service and training ribbons, and other awards and their appurtenances.
(5) Insignia of any design or color that the Army has adopted.

This indicates that the Army would not be very happy if they learned that a civilian was wearing one of the items listed above.

Will you get busted for wearing the uniform in public? No. Most of the time you can tell if it is a service person or civilian...they're sloppy.
Will you get busted for wearing the uniform on a post or base? Depends on the situation, might get asked questions by attendees.
Will you get busted for wearing the uniform for an event or function? Might get questioned by attendees, but no trouble.
Will you get busted for wearing the uniform for rec use such as airsoft, paintball, battle reenactments or scenarios? NOPE.
Will you get busted for weariing the uniform trying to get into a Government building, post or base? Hell yes, you'll get dropped quick!
All this is for protection against impersonating an official for personal gain and interest.

http://www.airsoftgiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8440&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60
Back to top Go down
http://www.Rcinvasion.com
gonzalo
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
gonzalo

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:40 pm

I do understand that it may be ilegal to wear a USA MILITARY PATCH of any kind.But remember this is a game not a real war where we kill eachother and most of our member are kids.And if this kid want to wear and patch and it makes him happy why not stop being a ass and stop telling them they didnt earn it.

MY opinion is that if you have not earn it why wear it but everyone thing different and they all can do whatever they want.And i dont think anyone can tell them wat to do.And if you dont like it just shut up and let them be.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Well that settles the simulation details and I'm fine role playing Non U.S. ENEMY soldiers or Gangster mafia....Maybe I will still be heckled in my Vietcong outfit!

...And i won't get busted!

Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Busted11

Wearing uniforms patches etc.  The_pr11
Back to top Go down
NOBODY
Admin
Admin
NOBODY

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:29 pm

SandDragon wrote:
Well that settles the simulation details and I'm fine role playing Non U.S. ENEMY soldiers or Gangster mafia....Maybe I will still be heckled in my Vietcong outfit!

Agreed! I can always get my attorney involved? In a simulation you can wear whatever you want.
Can you imagine how many people would get arrested during Halloween? and some even dress like the Police and walk the streets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Rcinvasion.com
Roadrash
Sergeant
Sergeant
Roadrash

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:36 pm

NOBODY wrote:
SandDragon wrote:

Agreed! I can always get my attorney involved? In a simulation you can wear whatever you want.
Can you imagine how many people would get arrested during Halloween? and some even dress like the Police and walk the streets.

WOW sand castle GOD. You get paid for this?
Back to top Go down
AnarchistGrandpa
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
AnarchistGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Nice cell SandDragon. is that shag carpeting? Jerkoff lol!
Back to top Go down
Roadrash
Sergeant
Sergeant
Roadrash

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 am

AnarchistGrandpa wrote:
Nice cell SandDragon. is that shag carpeting? Jerkoff lol!
you win

Last edited by Roadrashfly on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:45 am

Last edited by DEVIN on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:27 am

i fail to understand what shag carpeting has to do with being ghetto
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:02 pm

wear what ever you want as long as it is part of a game simulation, or your version of it...It is Legal as long as it used in the game... as far as I have been told you can even play as some Nazi Bastard!

Or Enemy Vietcong!

Wearing uniforms patches etc.  28301_10
Back to top Go down
AnarchistGrandpa
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
AnarchistGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:03 pm

im still scared of ya SandDragon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wearing uniforms patches etc.    Wearing uniforms patches etc.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wearing uniforms patches etc.
Page 1 of 1