AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
starting a new project and i need advice Vote_lcapstarting a new project and i need advice Voting_barstarting a new project and i need advice Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
starting a new project and i need advice Vote_lcapstarting a new project and i need advice Voting_barstarting a new project and i need advice Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

starting a new project and i need advice

Go down 
+2
e46hoodrich
romeo0707
6 posters
AuthorMessage
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

starting a new project and i need advice Empty
PostSubject: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:12 am

the project is an src xm8 base. the inner workings are from a g36c ver.3 gear box. i need to know whats the best stuff to put into it. gears, inner barrel, hop up bucking, piston, spring, etc.

starting a new project and i need advice Img_0810
Back to top Go down
e46hoodrich
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
e46hoodrich

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:36 am

If you have the money buy everything systema or prometheus. To me those are the best, but everyone has their own opinion.

How much fps you looking for?
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:50 am

never get systema. its overpriced crap. litterally

prometheus is good, but you dont need to spend that much money. especially since you can get a much cheaper part with about the same quality as prometheus
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:59 pm

romeo0707 wrote:
the project is an src xm8 base. the inner workings are from a g36c ver.3 gear box. i need to know whats the best stuff to put into it. gears, inner barrel, hop up bucking, piston, spring, etc.

starting a new project and i need advice Img_0810
a brand new gearbox. i have it and the internals suck donkey dicks...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 pm

would i need a hop up bucking?
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:58 pm

romeo0707 wrote:
would i need a hop up bucking?

oh yeah.
depending on what youre going for, id reccomend either the systema bucking (only thing thats worth it)
or the madbull blue bucking
Back to top Go down
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:31 am

i need better compression in the hop up unit so that it fires across matrix field
Back to top Go down
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:21 am

im also looking for a new gear box shell but i don't know which brand to buy for a ver.3 gear box
Back to top Go down
e46hoodrich
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
e46hoodrich

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:53 am

If your gun is anything like the ak47 version 3 gearbox, they come with a better bucking that has 2 contact points actually integrated into the bucking, instead of having to use a regular bucking and nub.

If its not like ak47s then i recomend the madbull red or blue bucking, its what we use on my squad.
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:04 am

Ehobbyasia they sell a upgraded kingarms gearbox
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:02 am

e46hoodrich wrote:
If your gun is anything like the ak47 version 3 gearbox, they come with a better bucking that has 2 contact points actually integrated into the bucking, instead of having to use a regular bucking and nub.

If its not like ak47s then i recomend the madbull red or blue bucking, its what we use on my squad.

that bucking only works well in certain hop ups. or rather certain hop ups with certain brands.

also, ak47 v3 gearboxes are exactly the same as g36 (which is what the xm8 uses) v3 gearbox with the exception that the ak uses an ak trigger and a g36c uses a g36 trigger (drop in part)

if youre going for regular fps (max 410 fps) use a systema bucking, other wise use a madbull blue bucking, and if youre gonna shoot hot as hell go for a madbull red bucking
Back to top Go down
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:26 pm

well this is the unit im currently using in the

gunstarting a new project and i need advice 045kq10
Back to top Go down
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:37 pm

which is better a a ported Cylinder or a regular cylinder the inner barrel length is 8 inches
Back to top Go down
wolfgt360
Private 1st class
wolfgt360

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:39 pm

cant go wrong with a madbul 6.01 tightbore

-----------------------------
SAW Gunner
Back to top Go down
romeo0707
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
romeo0707

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:06 pm

yeah but im not building a DMR ima go with a madbull 6.03 tight bore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: starting a new project and i need advice   starting a new project and i need advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starting a new project and i need advice
Page 1 of 1