AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Vote_lcapThe Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Voting_barThe Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Vote_lcapThe Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Voting_barThe Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Empty
PostSubject: The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns!   The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Relayed off another forum on the concern if you wanna transport cool stuff!

http://airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?t=34546

by weasle8877 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Does anyone have any experience flying with airsoft guns? My main question is wether or not I have to lock it in a case and check it like a real firearm, or if I can just put it in my checked luggage.

by darkaces07 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:19 pm

You may only transport firearms, ammunition and firearm parts in your checked baggage. Firearms, ammunition and firearm parts are prohibited from carry-on baggage.

There are certain limited exceptions for law enforcement officers who may fly armed by meeting the requirements of Title 49 CFR § 1544.219. Law enforcement officers should read our policies on traveling with guns.

The key regulatory requirements to transporting firearms, firearm parts or ammunition in checked baggage are:

* You must declare all firearms to the airline during the ticket counter check-in process.
* The firearm must be unloaded.
* The firearm must be in a hard-sided container.
* The container must be locked.

* We recommend that you provide the key or combination to the security officer if he or she needs to open the container. You should remain present during screening to take the key back after the container is cleared. If you are not present and the security officer must open the container, we or the airline will make a reasonable attempt to contact you. If we can’t contact you, the container will not be placed on the plane. Federal regulations prohibit unlocked gun cases (or cases with broken locks) on aircraft.

* You must securely pack any ammunition in fiber (such as cardboard), wood or metal boxes or other packaging that is specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition.

* You can’t use firearm magazines/clips for packing ammunition unless they completely and securely enclose the ammunition (e.g., by securely covering the exposed portions of the magazine or by securely placing the magazine in a pouch, holder, holster or lanyard).

* You may carry the ammunition in the same hard-sided case as the firearm, as long as you pack it as described above.

* You can’t bring black powder or percussion caps used with black-powder type firearms in either your carry-on or checked baggage.

We and other authorities strictly enforce these regulations. Violations can result in criminal prosecution and civil penalties of up to $10,000 per violation.

Airlines may have their own additional requirements on the carriage of firearms and the amount of ammunition that you may have in your checked baggage. Therefore, travelers should also contact the airline regarding its firearm and ammunition carriage policies.

Also, please note that many other countries have different laws that address transportation and possession of firearms. If you are traveling internationally, please check with the authorities at your destination about their requirements
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns!   The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:06 pm

SandDragon wrote:

Does anyone have any experience flying with airsoft guns? My main question is wether or not I have to lock it in a case and check it like a real firearm, or if I can just put it in my checked luggage.

You may only transport firearms, ammunition and firearm parts in your checked baggage. Firearms, ammunition and firearm parts are prohibited from carry-on baggage.

There are certain limited exceptions for law enforcement officers who may fly armed by meeting the requirements of Title 49 CFR § 1544.219. Law enforcement officers should read our policies on traveling with guns.

The key regulatory requirements to transporting firearms, firearm parts or ammunition in checked baggage are:

* You must declare all firearms to the airline during the ticket counter check-in process.

* We recommend that you provide the key or combination to the security officer if he or she needs to open the container. You should remain present during screening to take the key back after the container is cleared. If you are not present and the security officer must open the container, we or the airline will make a reasonable attempt to contact you. If we can’t contact you, the container will not be placed on the plane. Federal regulations prohibit unlocked gun cases (or cases with broken locks) on aircraft.

* You must securely pack any ammunition in fiber (such as cardboard), wood or metal boxes or other packaging that is specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition.

* You can’t use firearm magazines/clips for packing ammunition unless they completely and securely enclose the ammunition (e.g., by securely covering the exposed portions of the magazine or by securely placing the magazine in a pouch, holder, holster or lanyard).

* You may carry the ammunition in the same hard-sided case as the firearm, as long as you pack it as described above.

* You can’t bring black powder or percussion caps used with black-powder type firearms in either your carry-on or checked baggage.

We and other authorities strictly enforce these regulations. Violations can result in criminal prosecution and civil penalties of up to $10,000 per violation.

Airlines may have their own additional requirements on the carriage of firearms and the amount of ammunition that you may have in your checked baggage. Therefore, travelers should also contact the airline regarding its firearm and ammunition carriage policies.

Also, please note that many other countries have different laws that address transportation and possession of firearms. If you are traveling internationally, please check with the authorities at your destination about their requirements
Dam. lol. at least they let you do it i would think since security is retarded they wouldnt let you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
Guerra
Corporal
Corporal
Guerra

PostSubject: Re: The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns!   The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Wow this was a very good post Sandragon, thanks

It's always crossed my mind how transporting firearms thru planes worked even airsoft guns.mkeeping this noted
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns!   The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:

Dam. lol. at least they let you do it i would think since security is retarded they wouldnt let you.

Well At least I looked up the Logistics of bringing my airsoft gun over to California so I could get you... but maybe I will just settle for a rental to make the necessary kill!

LOL!

This also poses a logistical problem if I was bringing back any soveniers like Tokyo Mauris fresh off the boat on the west coast!... better to have these things packed and shipped via UPS or other carriers!
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns!   The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:02 pm

SandDragon wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:

Well At least I looked up the Logistics of bringing my airsoft gun over to California so I could get you... but maybe I will just settle for a rental to make the necessary kill!

LOL!

This also poses a logistical problem if I was bringing back any soveniers like Tokyo Mauris fresh off the boat on the west coast!... better to have these things packed and shipped via UPS or other carriers!
bring all the weapons you want NLN will still wipe the floor with you! >=D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns!   The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Airlines...Transporting Airsoft guns!
Page 1 of 1