AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Vote_lcapStop Friendly Fire!!! Voting_barStop Friendly Fire!!! Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Stop Friendly Fire!!! Vote_lcapStop Friendly Fire!!! Voting_barStop Friendly Fire!!! Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Stop Friendly Fire!!!

Go down 
+4
Repo
Kris
Jack Rot
Mirko
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mirko
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Mirko

Stop Friendly Fire!!! Empty
PostSubject: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Can anyone come up with a way to identify teams on the field? Every time after the game starts, there's confusion on the field and everyone keeps shooting everyone else. Some of the more organized teams wear uniforms but some of the guys do not know each other well enough to identify friend from foe.

I suggest for everyone to bring one blue and one red armband. Have it with you every time you play so that when we pick random teams, everyone knows what team they are in.

The point of this is for everyone to get the arm bands. We all know how they work.

We can also have someone make them (maybe with velcro) and we can buy them from that person for a reasonable price (this is non-profit so we pay what they cost, don't try to get rich)

I think 2 red and 2 blue per person would be good.

Last edited by Mirko on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack Rot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack Rot

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:54 pm

i think its been tried so much, alot of people fail to care about that aspect of airsoft, when i think its the most important, it makes us look extremely unorganized the fact that we cant get something as simple as teams down, as well as picking teams before a game, takes fucking 5 minutes, thats ridiculous, all we need is two people to step up every weekend and be captains just to pick teams, its not that hard.

in reality attatching velcro to fabrics would be annoying, i could do it, but i rather buy fabrics and cut them into strips.
Back to top Go down
Mirko
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Mirko

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 am

Yes, strips of fabric would work, for that day, but if you actually have a piece of clothing that is part of the team's uniform (finished velcro band) then you would bring it to every game specially if you paid a few bucks for it. The fabric strips would be left on the floor by the end of the day. But I guess we can start with the strips.
Back to top Go down
Kris
Private 1st class
Kris

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 am

Sound like a good idea. Im in on it.

I hate how long this shit takes every week. You only get to squeeze 3-4 games, I'm sure this would help speed things up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.krismainieri.com/simple-commissions.php
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 am

You can always do what the samurai did and everyone wears flags on their backs.
Back to top Go down
Mirko
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Mirko

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:54 am

Last Saturday went pretty smooth because everyone was taped up and we did not change teams that much, however, each person should be responsible for marking themselves accordingly. Imagine, you get picked for blue team and put on the blue band... WOW! really that simple? No way I'll just flank around and have the enemy AND my teammates shoot at me.
Back to top Go down
Jack Rot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack Rot

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 am

Lol, ill try to stop by Walmart and see what they have in the $1 a yard section, everyone should try incase I can't pull through
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Dude these Viet cong hats are about 8 dollars and I can get a lot of these!

If we all played with a dedicated theme it would actually rock!...Problem is most players think this shit is silly but It will be fun!

Stop Friendly Fire!!! Vietna10

Stop Friendly Fire!!! 49843510

I picked Vietnam but we can have an all American team and the Terrorist team can dress Taliban.

Stop Friendly Fire!!! Out_0210

I find the Taliban hat and gear most sneaky and I can also get more of those hats.

Stop Friendly Fire!!! Evil_d10

Communist ERA outfits also stand out...You can get a red star hat for 20 bucks!

Stop Friendly Fire!!! P1013110

Stop Friendly Fire!!! P1013212

Stop Friendly Fire!!! 49837710

Players who want to seriously take this issue to create identifiable teams must get together and form them!....I have been actually giving some of my stuff away but I have not seen it catch on- What a waste!

It will only work if the teams allow it to work and they show their maximum enthusiasm to everything down to uniform details and communication to match your team.

Friendly fire will be reduced once everyone dedicates team colors....

Also recruiting anyone If they are interested in Vietcong style clothing or Taliban outfits.

I wanna form a team of Milisim theme style ERA players.....

Stop Friendly Fire!!! P1014413

.... Doesn't this guy look like he's having fun!
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

i will wear a vietcong hat i dont mind as long as everyone else wears one
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:03 pm

EAGLE wrote:
i will wear a vietcong hat i dont mind as long as everyone else wears one

Might also include German outfits on the menu...so we can take out Tommy gunners unit!

I will bring a few VietCong hats but It will help if everyone brought one..

How about it ?..........anyone wanna do a Vietcong theme say this or Next week?

Back to top Go down
sithlordharley
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
sithlordharley

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:03 pm

most players have shemags... have 1 team wear shemags and the other team doesnt... that way it doesnt mess with a bright color sticking out in the woods and it also is easy to see
Back to top Go down
Jack Rot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack Rot

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:27 pm

i say one team has TAN and one has OD head gear, everyone can afford at least a $5 beanie from your local surplus store, or ebay.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Would be nice if people were not so cheap about uniforms.....I have said of some nice cheap outfits that may or may not stand out but we keep getting people dressing like ninjas, and T- shirt noobs.

The order is the fact that there is none!

We need to come together and work as a team... I disagree with cheap punk solutions. Go high end!...you all deserve it!

Everyone here should at least have 2 type items of team clothing....Desert (American), and Terrorist (Taliban) -for starts!

Also teams can be based on weapon types for further realism... place almost all AK using members on one team...Get it!....Match the weapon types with the outfits!

It is not without flaws- not everyone can afford to have both weapon types nor agree- This is just a concept view!

If I actually held a game were rules were enforced, It would be different and some people would start whining!
Back to top Go down
Mirko
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Mirko

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:10 pm

sithlordharley wrote:
most players have shemags... have 1 team wear she mags and the other team doesnt... that way it doesnt mess with a bright color sticking out in the woods and it also is easy to see

I know it is cool, but matching era costumes is a bit too much ($$$). I have my gear and if we can use what most of us have (shemags) then it will be easier for the rest to come up with the missing piece of clothing without having to buy a whole new outfit.

One more thing SandDragon... Stop editing my post. The title is STOP FRIENDLY FIRE! That's it.

Harley, I was about to suggest the same. I have 3 shemags, a green, yellow and a blue one. I will have them with me at all times. They are visible enough from all angles because you wear them around your neck or head, and they don't stand out enough to give away your position. Well done Sith!

She mags: $10 each, Streets is going to be so happy.

Last edited by SandDragon on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos detected...misspelling title and she mag)
Back to top Go down
silentghost/rouge 1
Private 1st class
silentghost/rouge 1

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:45 pm

im new to airsoft and i dont really have a lot of cash so it may be hard for me to get team clothing but for american i have an olive green shirt black vest and camo pants,also if its urban i have snow camo that could match in with white or gray walls,but does any one know where i could get some desert or other camo im king of small im 14 and im 5 feet tall and my pant are a size 14 i think a small adult for shirt.does any one know where i could get stuff this size?
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 pm

Mirko wrote:
sithlordharley wrote:
most players have shemags... have 1 team wear she mags and the other team doesnt... that way it doesnt mess with a bright color sticking out in the woods and it also is easy to see

I know it is cool, but matching era costumes is a bit too much ($$$). I have my gear and if we can use what most of us have (shemags) then it will be easier for the rest to come up with the missing piece of clothing without having to buy a whole new outfit.

One more thing SandDragon... Stop editing my post. The title is STOP FRIENDLY FIRE! That's it.

Harley, I was about to suggest the same. I have 3 shemags, a green, yellow and a blue one. I will have them with me at all times. They are visible enough from all angles because you wear them around your neck or head, and they don't stand out enough to give away your position. Well done Sith!

She mags: $10 each, Streets is going to be so happy.

I know it can become expensive but I say slowly build up your era outfit... I find this to be the best way to slowly assemble a full uniform, It can also be fun during the treasure hunting process which could take all year... The outfits do not need to be purchased all in one big shot and therefore this is the cheaper way to go pro.

Now I know you guys are able to buy Shemags say this weekend but I am almost certain you guys can build on it right down to weapon gear eventually.

I just purchased a German soldier hat from WW2 era and I will slowly be collecting gear and saving money to build up a matching uniform- I consider this part an extension of the airsoft hobby and even role play- It is very fun indeed!

,,. It may all start with a weapon and a theme!
Stop Friendly Fire!!! P1014210

After the Shemag you might wanna buy the Taliban style hat!!!!

Stop Friendly Fire!!! Out_0211

Last edited by SandDragon on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack Rot
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jack Rot

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:02 am

come on you noobs buy some she-males!!!.......uh, i mean mags!
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:40 am

Custom additional gear- TALIBAN

Tribal Pakul Hat

Stop Friendly Fire!!! Tribal10

Stop Friendly Fire!!! Tribal11

A truly unique offering from the farthest reaches of the world. The Pakul (or "Pakol") hat is commonly worn by people of Afghanistan, Northern Pakistan and Uzbekistan. It is made of wool and sometimes contains a lining. The hat is very warm. The hat resembles a bag with a round flat bottom, however the sides are rolled up to form a thick band that rests on the head like a beret.

This authentic headwear is made by the Pashtun peoples of Northern Pakistan. The Pashtuns reside throughout Eastern and Southern Afghanistan and in the North West Frontier Province and Northern Areas of Pakistan.

This is the headwear of the famous Ahmad Shah Massoud known as the "Lion of Panjshir", who was credited with helping drive out the Russians from Afghanistan prior to the Taliban. Two days prior to the 9-11 attack on the World Trade Center, Ahmad Shah Massoud was assassinated by agents of al-Qaeda because he was a beloved and unifying leader. Current President Hamid Karzai named Massoud "National Hero" of Afghanistan.

The Tribal Pakul Hat comes in three colors: cream, gray and brown. The colors often come in slightly different shades since natural dyed wool is used. One size fits all.

This is one further step above the shemag!

Stop Friendly Fire!!! Evil_d11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop Friendly Fire!!!   Stop Friendly Fire!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop Friendly Fire!!!
Page 1 of 1