AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Grim news for SB 798 Vote_lcapGrim news for SB 798 Voting_barGrim news for SB 798 Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Grim news for SB 798 Vote_lcapGrim news for SB 798 Voting_barGrim news for SB 798 Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Grim news for SB 798

Go down 
+11
Silk
Jester
Repo
Spartan
Crazy Joker
MAG
GioZ00
EAGLE
DEVIN
Xero Ryuu
SFAA, Inc.
15 posters
AuthorMessage
SFAA, Inc.
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SFAA, Inc.

Grim news for SB 798 Empty
PostSubject: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:12 pm

SB 798 was passed by the Public Safety Committe by a vote adhering to party lines. It will go on to the full Assembly. De Leon managed to get it passed the Safety Public Committee this could damage our industry if it makes it through.

We are waiting to hear what the next step is.
Back to top Go down
Xero Ryuu
Sergeant
Sergeant
Xero Ryuu

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Thumbs down this sucks. guess the letters and phonecalls werent quite enough. Anything within our power now?
Back to top Go down
DEVIN
Master Gunnery Sergeant
DEVIN

Location : Some where inside your home...you wont know until it's to late and all your bendy straws are gone.

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:31 pm

SFAA, Inc. wrote:
SB 798 was passed by the Public Safety Committe by a vote adhering to party lines. It will go on to the full Assembly. De Leon managed to get it passed the Safety Public Committee this could damage our industry if it makes it through.

We are waiting to hear what the next step is.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
GioZ00
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
GioZ00

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:46 pm

Xero Ryuu wrote:
Thumbs down this sucks. guess the letters and phonecalls werent quite enough. Anything within our power now?
Someone in california could Tape DeLeon's mouth closed and say he drowned in a pool... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MAG
Sergeant
Sergeant
MAG

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:44 pm

GioZ00 wrote:
Xero Ryuu wrote:
Someone in california could Tape DeLeon's mouth closed and say he drowned in a pool... Rolling Eyes

or we could double our efforts and make sure it doesnt pass
Back to top Go down
SFAA, Inc.
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SFAA, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 pm

MAG is right!

Being that we are based in FL most of our voices cannot be heard when it comes to calling. However I do not think that this should stop us from sending in respectable emails stating the positive sides of airsoft and how this could ultimately hurt law enforcement and not help them.

Even snail mail works well. Strength in numbers I say, it worked with our petition it can work anywhere. I am actually at work right now, so I cannot get any more info on who to contact, but I know MAG has been staying in the loop as well.
Back to top Go down
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 pm

SFAA, Inc. wrote:
MAG is right!

Being that we are based in FL most of our voices cannot be heard when it comes to calling. However I do not think that this should stop us from sending in respectable emails stating the positive sides of airsoft and how this could ultimately hurt law enforcement and not help them.

Even snail mail works well. Strength in numbers I say, it worked with our petition it can work anywhere. I am actually at work right now, so I cannot get any more info on who to contact, but I know MAG has been staying in the loop as well.

I think we all need 800 fps systemas with 40 bps so we can shoot the kid that started all this bullshit thats sounds right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crazy Joker
Sergeant
Sergeant
Crazy Joker

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:27 pm

EAGLE wrote:
SFAA, Inc. wrote:
MAG is right!

I think we all need 800 fps systemas with 40 bps so we can shoot the kid that started all this bullshit thats sounds right Very Happy
and lipos
Back to top Go down
MAG
Sergeant
Sergeant
MAG

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 pm

SFAA, Inc. wrote:
MAG is right!

do you have the emails for the senators so i can send out a mass email
Back to top Go down
SFAA, Inc.
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SFAA, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:35 pm

I know we have something on our webpage a few articles down. Dr. Airsoft on facebook posted up the names, numbers and emails as well.
Back to top Go down
Spartan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:10 am

You guys also must consider that the people in that state are mostly tree hugging, pot smoking, gun hating hippies. As much as this is shitty, I'm not worried at all about this coming to Florida. We are called the gunshine state for a reason, trying to ban firearms or replicas here is laughable
Back to top Go down
http://www.SpartaWarGames.com
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:59 am

Watching Airsofters trying to understand politics is like watching two monkeys try to fuck a football.
Back to top Go down
SFAA, Inc.
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SFAA, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Repo, thank you for your comment as always greatly appreciated, now if you have nothing to say on the topic, why not just leave it be. There has not been one shot at any player in regard to this. MAG and other players are helping and want to make a difference. If you got nothing to say on the matter, dont ruin the thread with mockery.

Spartan, you make a valid point for sure especially since something like this has been tried before down here a few years back. Or at least thats what I was told and it failed. It may or may not end up affecting us, but it will take a big toll on the industry considering most of the shipments for airsoft come through California and if each city sets up their own new laws who knows where this is going to go.

And no, we wont make much of a difference being here in Florida, but letter will help, emails will help. So instead of just sitting down and doing nothing write a letter or an email, voice your opinion as a concerned citizen and player.
Back to top Go down
MAG
Sergeant
Sergeant
MAG

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 pm

SFAA, Inc. wrote:
Repo, thank you for your comment as always greatly appreciated, now if you have nothing to say on the topic, why not just leave it be. There has not been one shot at any player in regard to this. MAG and other players are helping and want to make a difference. If you got nothing to say on the matter, dont ruin the thread with mockery.

Spartan, you make a valid point for sure especially since something like this has been tried before down here a few years back. Or at least thats what I was told and it failed. It may or may not end up affecting us, but it will take a big toll on the industry considering most of the shipments for airsoft come through California and if each city sets up their own new laws who knows where this is going to go.

And no, we wont make much of a difference being here in Florida, but letter will help, emails will help. So instead of just sitting down and doing nothing write a letter or an email, voice your opinion as a concerned citizen and player.

well miami has ports doesnt it
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:38 pm

MAG wrote:
SFAA, Inc. wrote:

well miami has ports doesnt it

lmfao theyre not gonna send it the other way across the world just to get it to us......thats why californias been getting the good shit
Back to top Go down
Silk
Private 1st class
Silk

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Miami is A port. There are many in Florida.
That being said, who do you think will absorb the cost of shipping from China to a Eastern port? The manufacturers of the weapons?

There is a reason they go to CA first.
Back to top Go down
Streets
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Streets

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Silk ODA - 196 wrote:
Miami is A port. There are many in Florida.
That being said, who do you think will absorb the cost of shipping from China to a Eastern port? The manufacturers of the weapons?

There is a reason they go to CA first.
Thumbs up

well u can always order straight from hong kong!!!!! guys worst comes to worst..... some one will always find a away to have stufff here.... anways.... u cant stop demand....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=46667&id=1904193610021
Repo
Sergeant
Sergeant
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 pm

The proposed bill SB798 was brough about by a mothers against gun viloence group that has a PAC. A PAC is a abbreviation for Political Action Committee which supplies campaign contributions for those politicians that support legislation and policies that are in the best interest of the PACs supporters. Due to the affect of advertising in Political Races PACs are a huge incentive for a politician to support the views of those with the largest PACs due to the fact that even if they are not recieving money from a PAC the supporters of that PAC can spend money to help elect someone else when that politician is up for reelection.

When the bill was first introduced those who should have raised the most support to defeat the bill (the larger airsoft retailers) decided to go with a route that would at least slow the bill down and cost the least amount of capitol (a grass routes campaign of petitions and phone calls). Considering that a mothers against gun violence group has the sole purpose of getting anti-gun legislation passed and their PAC had more funds than any one of the major retailers would commit (without them all of them putting forth the same investment, which favored the more profitable retailer and thus had limited support in the interest of the small retail store) there was no real opposition offered in the long run to defeat the bill.
The Airsoft Safety Foundation was created to stem the tide of PACs contributing to this bill, but should have been heavily funded by the major retailers instead of trying to get donations from the people and small retailers will not have enough funds to make a staunch effort of any real political effect.

Considering the current size and profits of the larger airsoft companies they must have accountants. If a accountant told the larger retail stores it would be less costly to move to a area with a major port besides California, instead of putting in a large amount of capitol to fight a bill that still might pass, thats what they would do. Thie is all just speculation, but is the type of action a extremely profitable companie will do. This is also the reason I say that SB798 will only have a temporary effect on the industry. You will have a slight dip in the availability on airsoft replicas while major retailers pack up and move, just like you have when China does a crack down on factories there, but in the end the availability will rise again because of the profit that is able to be produced. If you haven't noticed, most major retailers have almost completely stopped posting huge amount of anti-SB798 on their political mediums except AirsoftGI who comprised a large portion of the effort to set up the Airsoft Safety Foundation.

Finally stop always whining about hippie liberal agenda. The reason that ultral liberal and ultra conservative legislation comes to pass is because of the deregulation of the republic. The voice of the people is always less than the voice of campaign funds in this country, because for years big buisness and special interest groups have deregulated themselves in our country and has gotten to the point to where only the extremeists on both sides have the ability to get the types of legislation they want put into law.

Back to top Go down
spaz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:39 pm

I have only been in the airsoft industry for about a year now but have been involved in the tactical weapons training arena for a very long time, it's what S.P.A.Z llc does primarily with OP31 second, but think about this for a minute. When Obama (democrats) ran for office what happened to the firearms and ammunition industry within 13 days of him signing into office. Pretty much you couldn't find guns and ammo on the shelves at Walmart, Sports Authority etc. for a good year due to the scare of "THE MAN" coming to take it all away or, "TAX IT". As a government security contractor this hit my team real hard when it came to acquiring certain classifications of weapons and/or ammo for operations. Winchester-Olin even ran out of primers just 35 days after Obama got seat in office because Winchester being the primary/sole distributor of ammunition was sucked dry and had to rely on their overseas Brazilian factories to scramble to keep up with demand, which they couldn't and that's why for a year after Obama came into office, you couldn't find ammo on shelves anywhere.

BUT NOW! Ammo back on the shelves in high quantities! Guns everywhere as well as separate ammunition components etc. WITH no more price gouging! (for now!)

Let the scare play its part! The lobbyists will get their fill soon enough and find another thing to try and regulate like they do every year like NO RHINO C02 tanks at Walmart for paintball guns crap!

Things will find their way around full circle, they always do. First the Brady Bill, Thats all done so get all the high cap mags you want!

Same concept and principle is being placed with the airsoft industry. No different but bottom line, someone making alot of money upstairs by lobbying this act hard.

It will pass or industry will find a way around it.

SPAZ/OP31

Last edited by spaz on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions)
Back to top Go down
http://www.spazllc.com
EAGLE
First Sergeant
EAGLE

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Personally i think if this thing does get passed maybe evike and airsoftgi and all does big airsoft vendors in the USA will move to Arizona or close to california lines which means its a little farther but they will probally be getting the stuff easier then after that maybe its resolved
Back to top Go down
spook
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
spook

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:42 am

after a 2 month crisis i am back. im just now finding out about the new acts with the bill. i dont know about the rest of you but De Leon isnt just trying to get rid of airsoft. other than airsoft, hes making it to where anything other than standard lead tipped rounds are considered as armor piercing(which there not) thus making it illigal to own them, adding a registration to all rifles, even the tiny .22s, and making to where unless your law enforcement you cant own a hand gun.
Back to top Go down
NULL
Private 1st class
NULL

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:17 am

just like how kids buy pot off the street so will other ppl buy airsoft guns off the street illegally. simple as that Violin
Back to top Go down
spook
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
spook

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 pm

NULL wrote:
just like how kids buy pot off the street so will other ppl buy airsoft guns off the street illegally. simple as that Violin

the big difference with pot is you can sit in your bathroom in your house and do it. no one will know unless they walk into your house.

you very well cant have 20 people playing airsoft in an everage size house, even a big house for that matter. its easy to hide something thats the size of a cigerrete, not so easy hiding a loud, 2-4 ft long toy that looks like a real firearm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grim news for SB 798   Grim news for SB 798 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grim news for SB 798
Page 1 of 1