AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Vote_lcapRIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Voting_barRIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Vote_lcapRIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Voting_barRIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

RIOT SHIELD

Go down 
+9
NegativeHit
Jester
SandDragon
devil
AnarchistGrandpa
Randy
gonzalo
DEVIN
Herrdygert
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:47 pm

yeah, no. you arent looking down your gun wich in turn is blind firing. by just holding your gun from outside your shield you run the risk of shooting people in undesireable places in turn pissing them off.

when mark uses his shield youll never see him completely covering himself up and shooting at the same time.
he uses his p90 and when he does shoot hes partially uncovered enough for him to be able to aim.
Back to top Go down
Randy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Randy

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:39 pm

almost done with the plexi glass riot shield. it has an area of 1085in, pretty good size considering i found it at friends home and gave it to us for free. santa
Back to top Go down
Ariel
Admin
Admin
Ariel

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

if you do it like the other guys did it you can use cardborad. All you have to do is wrap it around with tape a couple of times and it will hold up. Cardborad is way lighter and more moblie and you can cut out a whole to see and shoot with out having to exposed yourself this has been done before and thier is one out there that goes to SFAR
Back to top Go down
gonzalo
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
gonzalo

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:36 pm

you can hardly see threw with the small window you do in the carbor but if platic you can see where the fire is coming from
Back to top Go down
Ariel
Admin
Admin
Ariel

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:02 pm

Well you have to understand if you want all those different type of lux its going to cost yall im just talking about making a nice cheap effective shield
Back to top Go down
gonzalo
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
gonzalo

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:36 pm

yea i know wat you saying ariel i see tommorrow how much is cost i post the priece if anyone want to make one for themselves
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Milsim Riot shields   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Riot shields are lightweight protection devices deployed by police and some military organizations. Most are a clear polycarbonate, though some are constructed of light metals with a view hole. Riot shields are almost exclusively long enough to cover an average sized man from the top of the head to the knees. Some riot shields are designed to be bullet-resistant against low velocity handguns and shotgun pellets, but most are not. They are generally intended to be used in hand to hand fighting and to protect the user from shrapnel, thrown projectiles, and splash from various weapons such as a molotov cocktail.

Riot shields are used in almost every country with a standardized police force and are produced by many companies. Many riot shields are constructed from clear transparent high impact plastic to enable the bearer to see incoming thrown objects, so that the shield can quickly be positioned to deflect them away from the user's body.

Riot shields can also come in various shapes. They often to have two large handles: the user puts his left arm through the left handle and holds the right handle. Some shapes include:

* Round. A common size is 2 feet diameter.
* Rectangular with rounded corners, curved in the horizontal cross-section to shed thrown objects. A common size is 20 or 24 inches by 3 feet.
* The same, but also curved in the vertical cross-section at the top and bottom.
* A full length shield, rectangular in shape but tall enough for the botom to be place on the ground. The Right hand holds an handle at the top while the left hand holds a lower handle. The top of the shield is curved forward.
* There is a type of shield which is curved horizontally the "wrong" way, i.e. concave forwards. These are for handling an uncooperative prisoner or suspect in a cell or small room.
* Some shields are "ballistic", i.e. strong enough to resist firearms fire.

Riot shields are commonly used for protection from thrown objects or blunt/edged weapons, and not firearms. Ballistic shields are commonly known by the brand name, "Body Bunker®️", or "Baker Batshield®️".

The extremely lightweight "Baker Batshield®️" ballistic shield is popular for police patrol first responders utilizing progressive "Immediate Action Rapid Deployment" (IARD) tactics when approaching high powered handgun, shotgun or sub-machinegun threats. This portable, flexible, multi-sectioned ballistic shield enables the officer to fire a weapon with two hands as the shield is being simulaneously positioned in front of the bearer.

"Body Bunker®️", ballistic shields are opaque with a small clear armored sight window and commonly have a bright light mounted on the frontal surface. Bunker shields are not normally used by riot Police but more often tactical SWAT teams as they are bulky, heavy and designed to be used during slow, methodical operations where there is an elevated risk of firearms being used against the officers.
Back to top Go down
gonzalo
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
gonzalo

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:45 pm

tomorrow i am going to buy the plastic for the shield if anyone know the size of a normal riot shield that will help thank you
Back to top Go down
SEABEE
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
SEABEE

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Randy wrote:
my dad and me are trying to see if we can make one out of plecsy glass(not sure if thats how u spell it) cyclops

PLEXI
Back to top Go down
Randy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Randy

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:41 pm

[quote="SEABEE"][quote="Randy"]my dad and me are trying to see if we can make one out of plecsy glass(not sure if thats how u spell it) cyclops[/quote]

PLEXI[/quote]

now is when you ttell me
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Riot Shield Tactics 101:   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:12 am

Riot Shield Tactics 101:

Shield wielder armed with only a pistol leads the way, followed by 2 or more armed back up.

I noticed people often getting hit in the legs because the shield is often lifted clear of the floor, Dont do that!, Advance the shield by slightlly dragging the shield on the floor and trust me you will never be shot there again!

1#Never lift the shield from the floor!- DRAG sweep-

2#Advance with tactical team and never ever go alone!

3#Do some practice runs up a hall with a team fighting unit and have some other friend try to pick them off!

4#practice going up a set of stairs in the same manner- never lift the shield!

5#Avoid running with the shield you will throw your defence off and endanger your team behind you!

6# Do not actually engage unless you must!,You are in charge of the shield, let the gunners you are protecting do all the fighting!

7# Fall back if you are alone and rejoin any surviving team, you are no good dead!
NO HEROS PLEASE!- reform shield attack squad and repeat!

8# Never turn your back on the ENEMY!

Since the riot shield is going to be rubbing the floor a lot I suggest that the owner apply duct tape to all those areas so that it will not take too much wear and tear.

Last edited by SandDragon on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gonzalo
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
gonzalo

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:34 am

Randy wrote:
SEABEE wrote:
Randy wrote:
my dad and me are trying to see if we can make one out of plecsy glass(not sure if thats how u spell it) cyclops

PLEXI

now is when you ttell me
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
destroyer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
destroyer

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:41 pm

hey herrdygert, ive been in your situation of wanting a shield and have even been succesful. first let me tell you making a cardbord shield is somewhat difficult and becomes destroyed quickly it also leaves a mess trust me (unless thats what you want, its your shield). even with multiple layers or cardboard. if you do make one thats efficent and cardboard well congratulations. however i did manage to make very effective shield that completly covers a couched average sized person and is clear, made of plexiglass. we made an effective sling like thing to make it normal to hold. the piece of plexiglass that we used was bought at home depot and was already the perfect size for a cost of around $50. if you want to see it ask me because i usually dont bring it becasue im just not a shield person, although i have used it and it was pretty fun and worked great.
Back to top Go down
AnarchistGrandpa
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
AnarchistGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:06 pm

well speakin of cardboard i had a reallly crazy idea for added protection and possibly a MILSIM that could come from it.......
Back to top Go down
Roadrash
Sergeant
Sergeant
Roadrash

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:08 pm

AnarchistGrandpa wrote:
well speakin of cardboard i had a reallly crazy idea for added protection and possibly a MILSIM that could come from it.......

go ahead?
Back to top Go down
AnarchistGrandpa
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
AnarchistGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:11 pm

alright stay with me on this one but what if we taped thick thick cardboard on ourselves and we play a little game i like to call Kill the Supersoldier? i'll post it on the MILSIM thread but be gentle its my first scenario. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIOT SHIELD   RIOT SHIELD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIOT SHIELD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2