AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
Team recognition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
Team recognition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
Team recognition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
Team recognition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
Team recognition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
Team recognition Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
Team recognition Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
Team recognition Vote_lcapTeam recognition Voting_barTeam recognition Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

Team recognition

Go down 
+2
Ariel
SandDragon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:35 pm

I know a lot of you guys playing are all use to wearing all sorts of camo and guilly suits, some guys in black SWAT and even a possible ninja.

I am a new guy and what I do see is chaos in the team recognition. many times I would go Rambo style and would often find myself alone in the woods and with so many people I cannot remember everyone in the bloody field!

Teams so far seem to be all camo or desert verses the dark team but even some of these guys are too blended.
once the game is well under way team mates that have been isolated may team kill!

I don't want to have to studie all my targets to see who's on my team and who's not!

so far tape has been used on armbands for team ID but these are tossed off after each game and the sticky stuff may bother the players clothing.

I say we actually all bring a set of colored hankerchiefs or some cloth that can be used as an armband, lets not use red because that's the death color.

the color of the band must be decided but I believe that it will add some order to the ID problem and help those who may go on the rogue.

Every one who brings a gun can also afford to bring an arm band or some make-shift item.

One fun idea I was mentioning to some of my new friends was the possibility of a team or a squad wearing a war theme item or war paint!

Examples:
German helmets , Communist soldier hats, Gangster hats, cowboy hats, Viet cong. and Hell, maybe bloody pirates!..... of course its not all practical if its all too bright and shiny so keep it so that the teams can at least recognize a squad. a lot of people laughed when I came out as "Charlie" Viet cong soldier.

Some players may actually object to these devices not realizing how complicated recognition is for the other guy. the guys in guilly suits who snipe in particular but a little tape on the barrel doesn't hurt!

This thread is open for anyone who has any really good ideas.
Back to top Go down
Ariel
Admin
Admin
Ariel

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 am

What we usally do is bring tape and that has worked out very well in the past we just havent used it in the last two or three weekends or so but we have and it has worked out fine so i think we need to bring it back cause we were having team vs team like Black Mamba vs Inglorious Basterds which are the two main teams that are at SFAR but now if we start to get the numbers that we got this past sunday we have to bring out the tape again to not have the mix up

But i do love the idea you came up with that would be funny great imagination lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: The good fun use of squad costumes   Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:07 am

Ariel wrote:
What we usally do is bring tape and that has worked out very well in the past we just havent used it in the last two or three weekends or so but we have and it has worked out fine so i think we need to bring it back cause we were having team vs team like Black Mamba vs Inglorious Basterds which are the two main teams that are at SFAR but now if we start to get the numbers that we got this past sunday we have to bring out the tape again to not have the mix up

But i do love the idea you came up with that would be funny great imagination lol! lol!

Last saturday I myself brought the tape but on sunday I had to switch cars because I broke down at home and accidentlly left everything in the trunk, my clip , ammo and my actual uniform and so I appeared in my Vietcong hat and shirt and only had my AK47! a friend was able to lone me a clip and some ammo so I played as a Vietcong fighter.....I actually felt much cooler and that sun hat actually works well against the heat! now I may just forsake my desert camo, hell maybe even convert-inspire my Squad to try a themed secondary uniform.

I was on E-bay last night looking up military helmets, hats for start, Vietcong hats are any where from 5- 10 dollars! Chinese like shirts are 13 bucks, Looked up Castro cuban soldier clothing... The Cubans will love me! .............VIVA CASTRO!!!....POR LA REVOLUTION!
Also German WW2 helmets and replicas are still available along with officer hats and even Communist Russian and Chinese Soldier uniforms. In a pistols only game senerio how about cowboy/ top hats and Derbies!...YEEEEHHHAAAA! (High noon shoot up at the O.K. corral!) a great mini game.

Not only was it fun to be fighting in a uniform but was even funner to act it out using battle cries, Bonsia Charge! Hell I know how to teach a few of the guys how to say some shit in German, Japanese , Chinese and maybe the curse words too.

Next time I am gonna scout the building complex and see if we can stash some rolls of tape and scissors in one of the storage areas. maybe I will even leave a pair of flags for "capture the flag"

my reasons are that I sometimes forget to bring everything to a location or I may not be present at all times so another guy who knows the secret stash can tape up the team and pull these things out for a particular game.
Back to top Go down
Zulu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:57 am

lol its sounds like you wanna play dress up lol
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:07 am

Zulu wrote:
lol its sounds like you wanna play dress up lol

Its more like roll play dude it can get cool for anyone in the simulation military game role! oh I am also planning on getting a Russian RPG so It would be funny seeing your face when some guys fire shit at you or set off I.E.D.s and are all dressed like terrorist bastards and yelling shit in their language!

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Zulu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 pm

yea your right it does sound fun but im happy with my military gear
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 4:49 pm

actually i kinda like the idea of role play, itd add to the fun. i remember hearing something like this in the forum rules, something about acting out a death or something. but the team recognition is easy as possible..step1: learn your teams faces or camo scheme....step2: get some trigger contol ( i know this is hard for all of you but deal) step3: if they dont fire at you dont fire back, they prolly havent shot at you for a couple of reasons being, they havent seen you, they know youre there and on their team, and or they dont have a clear shot. in these cases look at the "enemy" at LEAST a second and determine wether or not theyre friend or foe. again i know alot of people try and use the excuse " oh its a reflex" but seriously, thats crap. its never happened to me where id light someone up cause they appeared out of nowhere.

just take it into consideration. friendly fire isnt friendly and if you shoot your teammate their still dead.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 pm

[quote="Jester"
just take it into consideration. friendly fire isnt friendly and if you shoot your teammate their still dead.

In a real War senerio which we all try best to replicate, Not everyone will know everyone and that is why It is crucial to have a team ID band or slight uniform variant theme.... Role play is an alsome bonus!
Imagine dressed up as a german soldier while wielding a Lugar pistol!
I am a little on the fun extreme and am planing to buy an RPG as a secondary weapon and to also match my Vietcong communist soldier outfit,.......

I am not asking for everyone to buy expensive stuff unless they were inspired to, but saying not to try before you even tried it is fool hardy and I am already trying to convice a friend to try the game against their personal negative oppinon for a sport they have never ever tried!

Those 1,2,3 steps are only great in your current game status... I am only giving Improvement Ideas as I do infact like to charge out at surprised enemy soldiers when I know who they are but studying each player for Facial ID slows the game down.

.... I Lack the gift of always remembering Faces and peoples names which is my noted forgetting curse!

I want to speed up the game and make that part easyer so the game doens't end up with everyone acting so careful and advancing stratagies becoming way too slow .

It is totally up to each squad to decide if they would actually commit to a historic soldier theme in some suttle way as they are not totally too blended against the oposition and thus match.

Last edited by SandDragon on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jester
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Jester

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm

oh no dont get me wrong. i like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Ariel
Admin
Admin
Ariel

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:43 am

About the stashing the supplies i would tell you to forget about it because there are a whole bunch of people that walk through there and not airsofters and do things that they shouldent in that building and i think you will be very pissed of if they take all your shit and vandalized the building with your supplies. im just saying no matter how good you hide it there is always going to be that chance that i think you should not risk
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Ariel wrote:
About the stashing the supplies i would tell you to forget about it because there are a whole bunch of people that walk through there and not airsofters and do things that they shouldent in that building and i think you will be very pissed of if they take all your shit and vandalized the building with your supplies. im just saying no matter how good you hide it there is always going to be that chance that i think you should not risk

Good point! but I was thinking of only really really cheap expendable stuff, Garbage bags, bandaids tape or rubber bands... The funny part is that I could hide items so well, I myself may forget the exact location!.........This is just an Idea concept!
Back to top Go down
Ariel
Admin
Admin
Ariel

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Then thats a problem but i was just giving you input on the idea but hey keep them coming
Back to top Go down
Bones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Bones

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Sand dragon and people of earth its VERY easy for team recognition.
Perfect Soldiers wear all black Vs. everybody else that wears camo and stuff.
If your on our team don't shoot people that are wearing black cus noone on our team wears camo, we are too cool for that lmao.
Back to top Go down
Zulu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm

yea your all sweating your ass off too lmao
Back to top Go down
Randy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Randy

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Zulu wrote:

lol! its true
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Bones wrote:
Sand dragon and people of earth its VERY easy for team recognition.
Perfect Soldiers wear all black Vs. everybody else that wears camo and stuff.
If your on our team don't shoot people that are wearing black cus noone on our team wears camo, we are too cool for that lmao.

Dude, I also have a camo outfit and I am with perfect soldier, Luckly I will still stand out because I am dressing like Vietcong but I am addressing a universal fit reguardless of cammo or black ninja suits which does help sometimes.

oh and I forgot where one guy on my team was and almost shot him!
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Zulu wrote:

You will pay Dearly for saying that.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Randy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Randy

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 pm

SandDragon wrote:
Zulu wrote:

You will pay Dearly for saying that.... lol!

like how you did when i light you up in the last game lol!
Back to top Go down
Ariel
Admin
Admin
Ariel

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Sand dragon just keep doing your own thing. Like me i will never end up dressing up but i wont hate on the fact that you might want to or nor will i make fun of you for doing so i think that it is pretty cool that someone does come out different and you will stand out now you will always have the people that talk shit but hey that is everywhere you go on earth everyone has different opinions
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:13 am

Ariel wrote:
Sand dragon just keep doing your own thing. Like me i will never end up dressing up but i wont hate on the fact that you might want to or nor will i make fun of you for doing so i think that it is pretty cool that someone does come out different and you will stand out now you will always have the people that talk shit but hey that is everywhere you go on earth everyone has different opinions

Good news!

I got a few people on my team working on a combat theme... This is gonna be fun!

Also making a cool secret weapon too!

Watch out for more Vietcong!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team recognition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team recognition   Team recognition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team recognition
Page 1 of 1