AIRSOFT RESERVE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AIRSOFT COMMUNITY GATEWAY. Valor, Honor, Courage, Defend & Avenge.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Were back!
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm by Randy

» Anyone know how to unlock a gear box?
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 10:24 pm by NOBODY

» The return.....
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm by Bones

» WHAT'S UP YO
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:48 pm by Bones

» Anyone Playing This Saturday Dec. 27th?
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:48 am by BELIAL

» SandDragon
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 8:36 am by BELIAL

» Old schooling in the Forum
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2016 5:14 am by onotix

» Air soft alert!
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 8:11 pm by SandDragon

» I AM BACK!!!!!!!!
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 pm by SandDragon

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
SandDragon
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Vote_lcapThis Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Voting_barThis Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
DEVIN
This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Vote_lcapThis Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Voting_barThis Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Vote_rcap 
Jester
Pandemonium
NOBODY
EAGLE
Rogue Echo 1
TANK
Streets
SEABEE
Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Airsoft-Reserve on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of AIRSOFT RESERVE on your social bookmarking website

This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
TANK
crixus044
6 posters
AuthorMessage
crixus044
Corporal
Corporal
crixus044

This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 pm

I had just started using this forum. It was sooooo useful. I find this forum better than Facebook and Twitter put together. I even added two new members that go on this forum to get info but always find nobody on. (Not NOBODY. "nobody") so can people get off the facebook thing and start using the form again? It was made to organize airsoft battles that recently have been devoid of players.
Back to top Go down
TANK
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TANK

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:27 pm

the thing is that people regularly check facebook so its easier for them. and there have been battles but then revolve around the golf course because people that play live closer to that field.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:21 pm

have patience, for NLN will soon be advertising the crap out of this forum.

Also CQB City has expanded and so we are growing here in california so i hope to integrate the forum into california airsoft
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NLNAirsoft?feature=mhee
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:02 pm

this forum's been dead. though, I have a feeling as new players come in to join down here in florida, the forum has the potential to rise again, if we do it right
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:09 pm

RecoN wrote:
this forum's been dead. though, I have a feeling as new players come in to join down here in florida, the forum has the potential to rise again, if we do it right
WE have to make it happen! NLN is ordering name tags with "airsoftreserve.net" on them, then when people ask where they can find our videos we tell them to come here
Back to top Go down
RecoN
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
RecoN

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
RecoN wrote:
WE have to make it happen! NLN is ordering name tags with "airsoftreserve.net" on them, then when people ask where they can find our videos we tell them to come here

yey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 am

Face book has been reviewed but is has been found not always suitable for every type of post.

Think of face book as an area where people shout out topics and it kinda moves on... it eventally gets bumped to the rear like a long train, maybe even forgotten!

and of course its hard to find it again if its buryed deep in topics!

Forum tip layouts are more old school and are more laid out better... topics are searchable, like you would google it... it could be found by anyone who was searching for a related topic...

Example:....I found cheats and glitches to video gaming which lead me to a forum gaming disscussion, which kept highly detailed threads of even more glitches and cheats...Gotta kill more zombies in call of duty!
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 pm

SandDragon wrote:
Face book has been reviewed but is has been found not always suitable for every type of post.

Think of face book as an area where people shout out topics and it kinda moves on... it eventally gets bumped to the rear like a long train, maybe even forgotten!

Forum tip layouts are more old school and are more laid out better... topics are searchable, like you would google it... it could be found by anyone who was searching for a related topic...

Example:....I found cheats and glitches to video gaming which lead me to a forum gaming disscussion, which kept highly detailed threads of even more glitches and cheats...Gotta kill more zombies in call of duty!
i can show you a legit way to get to 100 on Nacht Der Untoten!
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 6:10 pm

SandDragon wrote:

id actually prefer a closed circuit forum like this one, that way we can advertise at places we know have decent airsofters, sort of like a quality control, but still leave it open to the public for any and all to see and participate
Back to top Go down
crixus044
Corporal
Corporal
crixus044

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 pm

This forum lays out the dicussion in a manner so that everybody can join and get updated. The problem with Facebook is that it's not meant to be used for roll calls and updates because it's meant to be a chatbox to talk to specific people. And like Sanddragon said, the topics here are easy to find while the ones on facebook are lost in the sea of trillons of posts of people having a bad day at McDonald's or someone just learning to drive.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:52 pm

crixus044 wrote:
This forum lays out the dicussion in a manner so that everybody can join and get updated. The problem with Facebook is that it's not meant to be used for roll calls and updates because it's meant to be a chatbox to talk to specific people. And like Sanddragon said, the topics here are easy to find while the ones on facebook are lost in the sea of trillons of posts of people having a bad day at McDonald's or someone just learning to drive.
what people do is either create groups or airsoft pages to post roll calls and stuff. it is a forum just without the sections and the organization that this forum has.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

Location : Miami Beach building SandCastles- I shit you not!, and get paid to do this!

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 2:26 pm

From Airsoft reserve forum:

I just wanna point out other issues on face book that are going to be major factors for topic postings.

Certain administrators who own and represent Battle town or other fields could and would knock off and remove topics regarding other fields...you would be like entering their gated community, there may not be any free disscussion if administrators are over controlling.

certainly the topic is still airsoft related, but the creators of any face book group may be enforcing agendas.....Its almost next to evil!

I hope this shed light on ya all and pointed out their exploits... you can get something in return, but it may be limited if its that closed....so dont be blinded!....(Communism 101#)

It is hopeful that some face book groups are more open minded and do govern with an open mind....and that we hope to trust!

Here on a forum you can freely disscuss fields without having to say you are fully loyal to any....You should be able to post regarding any airsoft related topic.

Fear nothing!

Except the hundreds of face book post ,text, and tweets of what everyone says about that really bad Mcdonalds burger you ate!
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm

SandDragon wrote:

I just wanna point out other issues on face book that are going to be major factors for topic postings.

Certain administrators who own and represent Battle town or other fields could and would knock off and remove topics regarding other fields...you would be like entering their gated community, there may not be any free disscussion if administrators are over controlling.

certainly the topic is still airsoft related, but the creators of any face book group may be enforcing agendas.....Its almost next to evil!

I hope this shed light on ya all and pointed out their exploits... you can get something in return, but it may be limited if its that closed....so dont be blinded!....(Communism 101#)

It is hopeful that some face book groups are more open minded and do govern with an open mind....and that we hope to trust!

Here on a forum you can freely disscuss fields without having to say you are fully loyal to any....You should be able to post regarding any airsoft related topic.

Fear nothing!

Except the hundreds of face book post ,text, and tweets of what everyone says about that really bad Mcdonalds burger you ate!
again with people dissing mcdonalds... i just had a big mac, ill get another one tomorrow..
Back to top Go down
crixus044
Corporal
Corporal
crixus044

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:32 am

Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:

Fear nothing!

again with people dissing mcdonalds... i just had a big mac, ill get another one tomorrow..
Burger King is better. The Whopper is a favorite amongst my friends and especially my principle. But back to the original topic, I beleive Facebook cannot dicuss topics like the ones we're doing right now in such a proper, organized, and easy to read form. Twitter might be better for roll calls since anything posted on twitter can be texted to your phone automatically which would make it faster than here, but why not just stick to what everybody always does. I'm contemplating a better way to get people back on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:19 am

crixus044 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
SandDragon wrote:

Fear nothing!

Burger King is better. The Whopper is a favorite amongst my friends and especially my principle. But back to the original topic, I beleive Facebook cannot dicuss topics like the ones we're doing right now in such a proper, organized, and easy to read form. Twitter might be better for roll calls since anything posted on twitter can be texted to your phone automatically which would make it faster than here, but why not just stick to what everybody always does. I'm contemplating a better way to get people back on the forum.
hahahaha i love burgerking but i dont get it as much anymore since they opened one across the street from my college lol, i used to go there everyday
Back to top Go down
crixus044
Corporal
Corporal
crixus044

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:59 am

Nice. My dream college USF has a subway, Busch Gardens, burger king, denny's, and a high class restaurant nearby incase I need to take my girlfriend out on a "Proper date" (A girl thing). It's in Tampa. It has everything I need nearby.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm

crixus044 wrote:
Nice. My dream college USF has a subway, Busch Gardens, burger king, denny's, and a high class restaurant nearby incase I need to take my girlfriend out on a "Proper date" (A girl thing). It's in Tampa. It has everything I need nearby.
I'm movin' in!!!
Back to top Go down
Symphony
Private 1st class
Symphony

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Speaking of USF, I plan on going to there as well, except probably in another part of its campuses at St. Petersburg. Anyways I've come to discover that alot has changed since I last came to this forum. Really did miss how active the forum was at the time.
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 am

Well, the Forum isn,t quite dead yet as yet we are the few who still disscuss stuff on it...SURVIVERS!

It may be up to us as the last of the old guard to take matters into our own hands and promote the forum.

print out small flyers of the website and hand them out on game day.

start posting pictures exclusivelly here, give players you filmed the location of the website so they could log on and see.

Restoration projects like promoting a web forum like these have been done before...It is often a project well done by a band of dedicated brothers.

Revision of the forum may soon occur if we all start acting like moderators...I myself was deputized by administration, and though I may not be currently a moderator, I kind of keep on going as if I was still standing at my post.

This has also been a very interesting part of my airsoft hobby, it called upon dutys and other talent skills dealing in being social, and posting responsible as well as credible postings.
Back to top Go down
crixus044
Corporal
Corporal
crixus044

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 am

Symphony wrote:
Speaking of USF, I plan on going to there as well, except probably in another part of its campuses at St. Petersburg. Anyways I've come to discover that alot has changed since I last came to this forum. Really did miss how active the forum was at the time.
Awesome. You might be a senior by the time I get into there. And welcome back to the forum. I am one of the newest members of this forum, but I feel right at home talking to people about our commonalities. I arrived here at one of the last days of this forums popularity. As I began to become active in the forum, despite the decline of popularity, I began to be known in the airsoft community. People at the fields know me from this forum.

I am a History Enthuasieist so I relate the forum's problem to real history. Right now, we are in a state of the Late Middle Ages. This forum started a long time ago like a time of Classic Antiquity what we call Greco-Roman. The forum began to spread violently like the Viking Era, then propressed rapidly like the Early Middle Ages, and grew to it's height, the High Middle Ages. Then a Great Plaque hit......Facebook. Swept the lands. It caused a very low popularity of socializing. We are eminent of having a Renaissance or Rebirth of this forum. It's just a matter of timing. If it's too early, it will never grow to it's max. If it's too late, the height will be temporary and the forum will die. But if the Renaissance happens in time, the popularity will grow back to how it use to be and better...all it requires is a few intellectual ideas and expanded varieties. I believe this forum will not die soon, it will have a revival. I'm judging this from the patterns of it's popularity and I'm comparing it to real history.
Back to top Go down
Pandemonium
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Pandemonium

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 am

crixus044 wrote:
Symphony wrote:
Awesome. You might be a senior by the time I get into there. And welcome back to the forum. I am one of the newest members of this forum, but I feel right at home talking to people about our commonalities. I arrived here at one of the last days of this forums popularity. As I began to become active in the forum, despite the decline of popularity, I began to be known in the airsoft community. People at the fields know me from this forum.

I am a History Enthuasieist so I relate the forum's problem to real history. Right now, we are in a state of the Late Middle Ages. This forum started a long time ago like a time of Classic Antiquity what we call Greco-Roman. The forum began to spread violently like the Viking Era, then propressed rapidly like the Early Middle Ages, and grew to it's height, the High Middle Ages. Then a Great Plaque hit......Facebook. Swept the lands. It caused a very low popularity of socializing. We are eminent of having a Renaissance or Rebirth of this forum. It's just a matter of timing. If it's too early, it will never grow to it's max. If it's too late, the height will be temporary and the forum will die. But if the Renaissance happens in time, the popularity will grow back to how it use to be and better...all it requires is a few intellectual ideas and expanded varieties. I believe this forum will not die soon, it will have a revival. I'm judging this from the patterns of it's popularity and I'm comparing it to real history.
ur a history buff? good do my history final lol
Back to top Go down
SandDragon
1st lieutenant
SandDragon

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 am

crixus044 wrote:
Symphony wrote:

Its amazing how history does tend to repeat itself!....but it is important to not just sit on your duff and hope for the best...go out there and reintroduce players to the forum and keep it active in the best of ways.

The Viking plaque Face book is not going to stop raiding anytime soon, we must win the tribes hearts and minds so they can come back and resettle!

there is a big difference between a forum and a face book!.....the trick is to get the general public to understand its uses.

I had actually deployed over 50 game scenarios on face book and got stupid whining from one guy who said there was no way they could handle or remember them all!...then they of course got buryed in ever more face book chatter... I rest my point, they are living in the dark ages as viking savages...face book may only be good for roll call Viking raids!

This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Pictu159

Building Rome in a day!....far left, you can even see the Emperors metal crown!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!   This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Forum is Dead. WHY!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1